The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
Original post by Pete_91
Messi was starstruck when Henry first walked into the Barca dressing room in 2007, that's pretty high praise!

This is true. Henry is probably (after Ronaldo) the best player to grace the PL. Yeah I went there :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91
Don't even bother, pretend he's not there.

I don't :tongue:

I found the attempt funny
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FKLW
This is true. Henry is probably (after Ronaldo) the best player to grace the PL. Yeah I went there :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd put henry #1 tbh. Although if Ronaldo had stayed he would be first no doubt.
Original post by AR_95
I don't :tongue:

I found it funny

Maybe you could show a bit of maturity my points are sensible and well thought out but don't you for one second think I'll give in to the bullying of you and your cronies and promote some irrational pro arsenal agenda
Reply 5344
Original post by The Assassin
I'd put henry #1 tbh. Although if Ronaldo had stayed he would be first no doubt.

Yeah depends on what the barometer is. Henry for longetivity/what he did for the league but Ronaldo did things in those 3 years after the WC that no-else could ever do and was the single most talented player the league has ever seen.
Original post by FKLW
This is true. Henry is probably (after Bergkamp) the best player to grace the PL. Yeah I went there :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fixed :cool:
Liverpool should buy caulker if they're wise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Yeah depends on what the barometer is. Henry for longetivity/what he did for the league but Ronaldo did things in those 3 years after the WC that no-else could ever do and was the single most talented player the league has ever seen.

Also Bergkamp did more for the league and Arsenal than Henry.
Reply 5348
Arsenal should buy David Marshall if they're wise
Original post by Slow Jamz
Never did I say: 'Jam, because you are a homosexual, you have no credibility in a football discussion'. That is an example of an ad hominem, and it fits your definition too - an ad hominem is an argument used in a discussion which is deliberately irrelevant to a person's actual point but rather focuses on the negative aspects of an unrelated fact about them.

What I said was not an ad hominem; 'lose the Sturridge boner' is just a street way of saying 'take off your Sturridge blinkers', which equates to 'you are being biased towards Daniel Sturridge'. The phrase 'lose the Sturridge boner' in no way indicates that boners in general are negative, in no way indicates that it makes you a homosexual and that's negative, and in no way suggests that a love of/bias towards Daniel Sturridge is negative. There is nothing in that statement that is negative and/or usable in an ad hom attack.

*besides, if it did suggest that a love of Sturridge was negative, it would not be an ad hom at all, seeing as Sturridge is relevant to this case. But it does not suggest that a love of Sturridge is negative. To further back this up, you only have to look at my own love of Sturridge.

Before you try and act clever, pick arguments on TSR, or try and use fancy Latin, try and understand the terms that you're using and keep a rational mindset.

Seeing as you said 'repeated' ad homs, could you find me two instances of ad homs in this discussion from me to you? The one you tried to give above is not an ad hom, and 'repeated' would imply more than one.

Original post by jam278
tl;dr

lool fam u just got **** on
Reply 5350
Original post by Pete_91
Fixed :cool:

:hand:

Original post by Pete_91
Also Bergkamp did more for the league and Arsenal than Henry.

Never really saw Bergkamp play so I'm not gonna pretend I can comment.
Original post by FKLW
:hand:

Never really saw Bergkamp play so I'm not gonna pretend I can comment.

Certainly the most technically gifted player I have ever seen play in the PL. Imo the second best no. 10 of the modern era.
Reply 5352
Original post by Pete_91
Certainly the most technically gifted player I have ever seen play in the PL. Imo the second best no. 10 of the modern era.

Who's number 1? Inb4 Ozil :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Who's number 1? Inb4 Ozil :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Zidane.
Zidane best player ever
Reply 5355
Original post by Pete_91
Zidane.

Was Zidane a number 10? Again, before my time but I always thought of him as a 'creative' CM rather than purely a number 10 :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Was Zidane a number 10? Again, before my time but I always thought of him as a 'creative' CM rather than purely a number 10 :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much, e.g. in 2006 WC final the formation was:

Henry
Malouda Zidane Ribery
Makelele Vieira
Reply 5357
Original post by Pete_91
Pretty much, e.g. in 2006 WC final the formation was:

Henry
Malouda Zidane Ribery
Makelele Vieira

Man like Pete giving me a football education here :cool: only really started analysing football in 2008 ish time- before then I was just a follower of my team rather than of the game :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Man like Pete giving me a football education here :cool: only really started analysing football in 2008 ish time- before then I was just a follower of my team rather than of the game :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like a nostalgia trip for me tbh, happy to impart any knowledge I have!

I'm a fan of the game first and foremost, then Arsenal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5359
Original post by Pete_91
It's like a nostalgia trip for me tbh, happy to impart any knowledge I have!

I'm a fan of the game first and foremost, then Arsenal.

Hahaha... Same for me man. That's what got me through last season, trust me :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest