The Student Room Group

illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by illusionz
I have left hand underhand and right overhand. Syncs up with left bicep being bigger, but could be completely unrelated (as left was bigger before I started deadlifting)

My left is smaller but weaker too. I think I read or watched something a few weeks ago saying it's likely due to muscle insertions, no idea if it's true though. Might just be that my left is stronger because I do my chins or rows or curls slightly wonky and smaller because it misses out on all that volume from fapping. No idea.
Original post by Implication
My left is smaller but weaker too. I think I read or watched something a few weeks ago saying it's likely due to muscle insertions, no idea if it's true though. Might just be that my left is stronger because I do my chins or rows or curls slightly wonky and smaller because it misses out on all that volume from fapping. No idea.

Strange for me is that left is weaker (expected as im right handed) but bigger lol
Strange for me is that left is weaker (expected as im right handed) but bigger lol

Piss no I meant left is stronger but smaller! (So right is weaker but bigger)
Todays session

Split squats 30s 3x8

DB bench as BB in use :frown:
30x 6, 5, 6, 5, 6. PB

Rows
72.5 5x5 Think this might be a PB. Can't remember. 75 definetely will be if I get it next time.

Shrugs
70x8, 90 3x8, 80x8 paused.

Skulls
EZ+22.5 10, 9, 8

Curls
35 bar x 8, 8 6
12s 6, 7

cable crunches
2nd gonutrition order just placed. Remembered to order a shaker this time, won't have to suffer with lumpy shakes from mixing in a water bottle now :biggrin:
deadlift gains day. Awesome session, felt so strong and alive. Feelsgoodman.

deadlift
DOH
60x10
100x5
120x3

Mixed
140x3
160x3
170x5 PB

Strapped
180x4+f PB
So close to 180x5, just couldn't quite lock out. Might have been able to struggle with it and get it up (that's what she said) but didn't. Regretted not trying once I'd put it down. Ah well. Still a PB.

Seated DB shoulder press
14s x10
18s x5
22s x5
24s 3x5 PB
22s 2x5

DB bench cos feeling stronger than ever and yolo
20s x5
24s x5
28s 3x5

Dead hang chins
7, 5, 4

Dips
+9kg 7
+7kg 6
BW 8

Incline curls
14s x8, 6

Had a chat with the trainer who was mirin' my deadlifts earlier. Probs about 5 minute interruption during my isolations.

incline curls
12s x 12, 6

BW dips x 10, 7

Very pleased with today.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nice DLs

How's gonutrition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
damn your deads have shot up mate. top lad. sick
Original post by AreebWithaHat
damn your deads have shot up mate. top lad. sick

My grip was holding me back so much. It's crazy what a bit of chalk can do, let alone straps.
Original post by Squirb
Nice DLs

How's gonutrition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers. GN is the first protein company I used. Tasted nice, price seems in line with market standard. I'm earning a decent wage atm so not all that fussed about spending ages searching for better deals and saving a fiver or so and just ordered with them again.
Original post by Squirb
Nice DLs

How's gonutrition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think their flavours are awesome. Much better than MP, PhD and other big brands.

Sent from my HTC One
Original post by Squirb
Nice DLs

How's gonutrition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to try them.. get the sample pack... some of the flavours are better than others dependant on personal preference. However they are damn tasty.
Will try, someone want to hook me up with a referral code?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
Will try, someone want to hook me up with a referral code?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah mate, I'll PM you :smile:
meh session. Was done on the back of a heavy bank holiday weekend, 4 hours sleep monday night and 9 hours at work.

Sacked off squats.

DB bench warmups then
30s 5, 6, 6, 4
28s 6, 6

When I say 6 I mean 1 rep is the initial starting from my chest, then 5 reps once I get in the starting position with straight arms.

Rows
60x5
70x3
75 5x5. Last set was a bit dodgy rom wise.

Shrugs
92.5 3x8

Tried some snatch grip deadlifts for ****s n giggles. Have read to start light (article on t nation said if you can DL 400lbs then start on 220lbs or something which seemed reaaaally light for snatch ones).
anyway did 75kg (mid rows lol) x5
80x5
90x4
SO much more taxing on both grip and back than normal deadlifts. Understand why the article said start light. Quite like them, will try and work them into my routine somehow.

Then standard arm isolation stuff. Didn't log it. The usual.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah Candito recommends snatch grip DLs for learning upper body tightness. Very hard on quads aswell imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
another fairly poor session. Still had far less than enough sleep and long days at work. Plus hockey match yesterday. Been knackered all day. No early starts until tuesday though so can sleep a bit.

Forgot my log book so logging from memory.

Deadlifts

DOH
60x5
100x5
120x2

Mixed
140x3
160x3
170x2

Strapped
180x4
4th rep didn't feel great and knew form would be crap if tried a 5th. Annoying as was hoping to do 180x5. Can deffo do it on a day when I'm feeling better.

DB Press
Did sets of 22 and 24. Accidently picked up a 26 in my right hand and did 5 reps. Encouraging that I could do it - I did wonder why it felt so heavy.

Rows -10%
67.5 5x5

Dips + 8kg 3x8
BW 2x8

Curls
35kg 8, 8, 6
30kg 7
Mate your curlz to dip ratio is miles off :lol:

You curl what I do but can dip less than a third of a working set for me :tongue:

Dem bro gainz :tongue:

Or maybe it's my lack of curlz catching up with me.........

Maybe I'm the anti bro :eek:
Original post by Angry cucumber
Mate your curlz to dip ratio is miles off :lol:

You curl what I do but can dip less than a third of a working set for me :tongue:

Dem bro gainz :tongue:

Or maybe it's my lack of curlz catching up with me.........

Maybe I'm the anti bro :eek:

Well when you consider it's BW + X kg for dips my total is like 95-6kg and your's is like 110ish? Bit of a better ratio :tongue:

Also I think my biceps are fairly strong. Of my 35kg bar curl sets first set all 8 strict with elbows tucked in and no leanback/leg movement, 2nd set get 6 of 8 strict. I think it's just a matter of you get strong at the movements you practice. My chins haven't really progressed even though my curls have significantly.
Well when you consider it's BW + X kg for dips my total is like 95-6kg and your's is like 110ish? Bit of a better ratio :tongue:

Also I think my biceps are fairly strong. Of my 35kg bar curl sets first set all 8 strict with elbows tucked in and no leanback/leg movement, 2nd set get 6 of 8 strict. I think it's just a matter of you get strong at the movements you practice. My chins haven't really progressed even though my curls have significantly.

Er.. I'm 82kg.. I've done working sets of +25 or something.. so thats 107kg

Bit closer I guess.. :tongue: Still... get dat upper body up to scratch :tongue:

Whats your bicep to tricep ratio.. aesthetically it "should" be 1:2?

Mines about 1:2.5/3

Quick Reply

Latest