The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
Didn't you say that you only started watching football around 09? Only way to explain a lot of the ridiculous stuff you've been saying lately.

What's your response to SUG's comment regarding Sakho earlier?
Reply 5381
Original post by jam278
You're trying so hard to bait. Read my post in the Chelsea thread.

I have no desire for that non sense baiting/ trolling shenanigans.

Tbh really don't care for your ridiculous opinions either because they're just too simply wow.
Answer the question if you please don't answer it if you don't.

Good day.
Reply 5382
Original post by The Assassin
What's your response to SUG's comment regarding Sakho earlier?

":faceplam2:"

Not even played yet. He read.................

At least let the team be selected and he be chosen over Kos before calling me out. Till then, response is as above.
Dat originality
Original post by little_tom
Henry has won everything there is to win in club & international football, had been consistently world class for a decade, spearheaded the attack of the greatest ever team in the PL era, and had the ability to both create goals and score goals from either flank, as a striker or as a center forward. You are talking about one of the most intelligent and most complete players to ever grace the Premier League and comparing him to an injury-prone, bit-part player who has yet to achieve anything Henry did. Compare him to Henry after 5 or so years and I guarantee you this will not even be up for debate.

As for Vela over Pires, lol, Pires in his prime was regarded as probably one of the best natural wingers in the world. There was a reason Madrid wanted him before Figo.

Those points mean nothing imo, by those points you could say Rooney is better than Henry. It just annoys when people talk about the amount of trophies a player has one as a significant reason for them being better than someone else.

But you're doing Aguero massive injustice tbh, guy is talented as faurk, a little bit worse than Suarez and wouldn't surprise me if he went the next five seasons scoring 30+ goals on average.

I agree Henry is better and will be better than Aguero will ever be, but you're making out like this is Ronaldo vs Stewert Downing.

Plus he offered to pay the wages for his former club so you know.
Original post by 419
I have no desire for that non sense baiting/ trolling shenanigans.

Tbh really don't care for your ridiculous opinions either because they're just too simply wow.
Answer the question if you please don't answer it if you don't.

Good day.

Why haven't you answered my question either?
Since I'm not used to the CL qualifiers, will this tune get played in august for you guys?

I'm not used to the CL qualifiers since I don't see my team there often. So I just wanted to know whether they play the song in the qualifying rounds or not? I don't know why you're getting so mad?
Original post by little_tom
Henry has won everything there is to win in club & international football, had been consistently world class for a decade, spearheaded the attack of the greatest ever team in the PL era, and had the ability to both create goals and score goals from either flank, as a striker or as a center forward. You are talking about one of the most intelligent and most complete players to ever grace the Premier League and comparing him to an injury-prone, bit-part player who has yet to achieve anything Henry did. Compare him to Henry after 5 or so years and I guarantee you this will not even be up for debate.

As for Vela over Pires, lol, Pires in his prime was regarded as probably one of the best natural wingers in the world. There was a reason Madrid wanted him before Figo.

Oh that's great show me the world class 15 year old Thierry Henry because you're comparing a player who's consistently done well for a decade to a guy who 10 years ago was a 15 year old. You know because we like to compare fairly.

Plus anyway we're acting like Aguero can't play well if he was down the flanks and can't create goals from the wing if asked to? Cavani scored 16 league goals this season iirc so if he can do that from the wing why not Aguero if he played there? That's not really an argument for Henry being better than Aguero. That's not even to say that Henry isn't better than Aguero. But I don't think there's much between the two if Aguero is fit all season.
Beef left right and center, 419 thinking he's got some God given right that make his points factually correct, Zurich making points about .... Zurich just making points, Jam on his one man pursuit against the Arsenal thread.

Ahhh like the old days

Love it.
I think this time last year I was having a giant argument with the whole Arsenal thread as well. Maybe the exam stress is getting to people.
Original post by jam278

I'm not used to the CL qualifiers since I don't see my team there often. So I just wanted to know whether they play the song in the qualifying rounds or not? I don't know why you're getting so mad?

I'm wondering the same thing:

Original post by manchesterunited15
And me?
Original post by jam278
Oh that's great show me the world class 15 year old Thierry Henry because you're comparing a player who's consistently done well for a decade to a guy who 10 years ago was a 15 year old. You know because we like to compare fairly.

That doesn't make any sense. What I was trying to say is that its pointless comparing a player in his third season in the PL to a legend that dominated it for 7 consecutive seasons. Until he reaches that level of consistency its not even worth debating.

Plus anyway we're acting like Aguero can't play well if he was down the flanks and can't create goals from the wing if asked to? Cavani scored 16 league goals this season iirc so if he can do that from the wing why not Aguero if he played there? That's not really an argument for Henry being better than Aguero. That's not even to say that Henry isn't better than Aguero. But I don't think there's much between the two if Aguero is fit all season.

Henry won the World Cup playing out wide, was converted into a striker where he scored 226 goals and assisted 92 others, and then moved to Barcelona where he played out wide again and scored 19 & 26 goals in his first two seasons. I have yet to see Aguero even start out wide.

beautiful
Reply 5392
Original post by jam278

Was just quoting the last **** of yours on this page that I saw, didn't even read that post.

To quench your curiosity I don't know as about inconsequential details :dontknow:
Aguero has the best goal/minute ratio of any premier league player and he barely took any penalties he's probably better than Henry just not as flashy
Original post by manchesterunited15
I'm wondering the same thing:

I would say that you are saying that my perceived mental state is affecting my ability to argue in this quote.

having a go at everyone. You're obviously having a bad day.

You've repeated that point before with SUG repeating that point, I find it as an undertone personal attack designed to question the sanity of the guy speaking.

So to answer your question, I believe you have questioned my integrity and I feel rather offended by it. Offended to the point that I don't feel there is a point of discussing my views with biased people, biased in their wanting of my persecution.

It's best if I don't speak.
Original post by jam278

Henry is better at taking free kicks
Reply 5396
Original post by baconbutty
Aguero has the best goal/minute ratio of any premier league player and he barely took any penalties he's probably better than Henry just not as flashy

Different era

Era not same

#signs
Got a warning message, guess that's me boys

Gotta say it's been surprisingly entertaining today, would of liked to have stayed longer but you know when the clocks up it's up.

ciao

Original post by baconbutty

Time will tell, but you will get raped (unjustly) for this comment.
Original post by 419
Different era

Era not same

#signs

Yea exactly there's better teams and far more money in the league now aguero probably deserves more credit
Original post by jam278
I would say that you are saying that my perceived mental state is affecting my ability to argue in this quote.

You've repeated that point before with SUG repeating that point, I find it as an undertone personal attack designed to question the sanity of the guy speaking.

So to answer your question, I believe you have questioned my integrity and I feel rather offended by it. Offended to the point that I don't feel there is a point of discussing my views with biased people, biased in their wanting of my persecution.

It's best if I don't speak.

I was clearly saying that your mental state is affecting your ability to not be rude to everyone, rather than your ability to argue,.as shown by the phrase "having a go at everyone" preceding the comment about you having a bad day

Latest