The Student Room Group

AQA Textiles GCSE 23rd May

Havent seen any threads on todays AQA Textiles paper. Did anyone else sit it? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nightstars
Havent seen any threads on todays AQA Textiles paper. Did anyone else sit it? :smile:

Yea i sat it today :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by cookiemonster15
Yea i sat it today :biggrin:

How did it go for you? Good I hope. x
How did it go for you? Good I hope. x

It went ok. Some of the questions were a bit random (like the one about the queen) but overall it wasnt too hard. How about you?
Reply 4
Went okay, found the 8 marker slightly odd!
Yes the 8 marker was so hard I thought, what did other people write for it?
Original post by 1998asdfghjkl

I put something to do with recycling
Reply 7
Original post by cookiemonster15
It went ok. Some of the questions were a bit random (like the one about the queen) but overall it wasnt too hard. How about you?

I was clueless on the queen and surgeon question lol, kinda guessed my way through my paper. But my coursework grade should bring the paper up hopefully.
Reply 8

I didnt even think about recycling. Spent the majority of the lines explaining natural and man made fibres. Could have mentioned recycling, harmful dyes ect. Ugh. Messed that gift of a question up tbf
(edited 9 years ago)
I found the question about the sportswear really hard :frown:
Reply 10

The one where you had to describe a fabric? That was a hard question, I just remember writing smart fabric but im sure they wanted something far more specific. Lost out on 4 much needed marks there.

Me too! But I just wrote about Lycra, there was really nothing else to write for four marks. The paper was mainly about products which sucked...

I wrote about natural fibres and how they don't end up in land fills, I also wrote about man made dyes and I then I wrote about wooden buttons for components .... I honestly had no idea :confused:
Those answers sound good, I wish I had thought of saying those things! oh well at least it is over now :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by elishx__h
I wrote about natural fibres and how they don't end up in land fills, I also wrote about man made dyes and I then I wrote about wooden buttons for components .... I honestly had no idea :confused:

I mentioned coconut buttons. One component. Was a hard exam and usually 60/120 is needed for a C. Even a C is in question. Ugh but least its over now.
Reply 15
I did OCR textiles and we had some 6 marker on these symbols we never learnt so I just defo dropped 6 marks -_- and you have 8 markers? Wow
Reply 16
Talking about symbols, what did you guys write for the surgeons uniform? I put the symbol in the middle with the 40 degrees number i think it was. Ugh :frown:
I mentioned coconut buttons. One component. Was a hard exam and usually 60/120 is needed for a C. Even a C is in question. Ugh but least its over now.

Ugh it's such a shame, my coursework was 1 mark of an A*, and this exam pretty much ruined my chances of getting an A overall. Even my sketches messed up, but the good thing is that a lot of us found it hard, so they might drop the boundaries :smile:
Talking about symbols, what did you guys write for the surgeons uniform? I put the symbol in the middle with the 40 degrees number i think it was. Ugh :frown:

I chose the middle, the 30 degrees (I think) with a bar underneath, it is most likely right because cotton is 40 degrees so a blend would probably make the temperature lower. :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by elishx__h
Ugh it's such a shame, my coursework was 1 mark of an A*, and this exam pretty much ruined my chances of getting an A overall. Even my sketches messed up, but the good thing is that a lot of us found it hard, so they might drop the boundaries :smile:

Dont forget coursework is 60% so you can still do well. Coursework hasn't been moderated yet either (i think) so you might even be able to get that one mark. Don't stress about it. I'm sure you did fine. x

Quick Reply

Latest