The Student Room Group

OCR History A

How did everyone find the 2nd paper???
it was alright but i had to repeat myself once or twice due to it being on the black death and their was only like 4 pages in our book on the black death. how did you find it? what did you write for each question?
Reply 2
Original post by the traveller
it was alright but i had to repeat myself once or twice due to it being on the black death and their was only like 4 pages in our book on the black death. how did you find it? what did you write for each question?

Me too, for some reason I found a lot of the questions slightly repetitive... :confused:
I can’t remember what the questions exactly were, but I remember one of the sources was about comparing source C with D and I wrote how source D looks as if it was written at a later date compared to source C because the beliefs about miasma/ bad air causing the plague seems bizarre. Source D explains the imbalance of the four humours therefore the medieval used Hippocrates theory of the humours and the advice given by the doctor is very analogous to what most people do today, therefore showing a better understanding in how to tackle the plague. The last question, It seemed like I was being too repetitive
(edited 9 years ago)
The question about ''why was this source written at this time?'' was so hard!!!
about how much did u all write for each question?
Reply 4
Original post by xoflower

Yes! I was going in circles for that! I wrote around a page and a bit for the last question, and almost a page for the rest. I wrote very little compared to most people but there wasn't much for me to write about! :s-smilie:
Reply 5

I agree that that was quite a difficult question! I talked about the King's responsibilities to his people and how he could be threatened by rebellion if he did not actively help. I also mentioned, from my own knowledge, that people complained to the king about the awful smells in London.

Did anyone write similar things or did I misjudge the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isaaccharles
Yes! I was going in circles for that! I wrote around a page and a bit for the last question, and almost a page for the rest. I wrote very little compared to most people but there wasn't much for me to write about! :s-smilie:

Thats not little! I wrote about 2/3 pages for the last one and half for that hard question and 1 page for the others
Original post by dankvibes
I agree that that was quite a difficult question! I talked about the King's responsibilities to his people and how he could be threatened by rebellion if he did not actively help. I also mentioned, from my own knowledge, that people complained to the king about the awful smells in London.

Did anyone write similar things or did I misjudge the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I said the same thing

History is based on opinion and backing up your answer, theres not really a right answer :smile:
Reply 8
Thats not little! I wrote about 2/3 pages for the last one and half for that hard question and 1 page for the others

Overall do you think you will get a decent grade? What grade are you expecting to get on history?
Overall do you think you will get a decent grade? What grade are you expecting to get on history?

Hmm, I hope so! I really want an A* :smile: on my controlled assessment I got an A* and its 25%

What grade do you want?
Hmm, I hope so! I really want an A* :smile: on my controlled assessment I got an A* and its 25%

What grade do you want?

Welldone! That's excellent, I got an A on coursework so I hope to get an A also on my exam haha :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Welldone! That's excellent, I got an A on coursework so I hope to get an A also on my exam haha :tongue:

Well done :smile: hopefully we will both do well haha :smile:
Hey, just thought I'd jump in here!

I did The Black Death one too, I have to say I found it much easier than the Nazi Germany and Medicine paper from last week...

The question about why the source was published was a bit mind blowing, I also found I was repeating myself quite a bit too, the questions were vague as usual and the sources were very similar...

What did you guys say for Source B? (The illustrated one) I didn't like that, I never understand those sources...

Roughly wrote a page or more for each question and then for the last 10 marker I wrote just over a page...

I also got an A* for 25% of my coursework but I know that the rest of it hasn't gone as well, do you think the A* will bring my grade up if the Nazi Germany paper didn't go as well...?

I hope everyone does well, enjoy a week off :P
Reply 13
I wrote about Source B how the source aims to positively show the benefits of Supernatural Solutions to the Black Death. God blessed the priest, the priest reassured the sufferer with chants to tell him to 'give up his body to earth and let his soul go to heaven' and Death did the dirty work. I said that this was progressive because it shows that although the main idea was to try and help the sufferer through religious means, it also indirectly helped reduce the spread of the plague, as the sufferer was told to die. You can also see in the Source that the priest was not going to touch the sufferer, which reinforces this point. - This is only my interpretation by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi! Also did the history paper yesterday, the 'why was this source published' question was tough, I wrote just under a page for it. Overall the paper was okay, expected more picture sources though:frown:
Original post by Nic97
Hi! Also did the history paper yesterday, the 'why was this source published' question was tough, I wrote just under a page for it. Overall the paper was okay, expected more picture sources though:frown:

Yes I know, I wrote the same too. It was a very difficult and unexpected question to be honest, I just talked about the awareness it may bring etc.

Quick Reply

Latest