The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arminb
Guys would they accept you if your offer was AAA but you got A*A*B or A*AB?
I applied for history.

Your application will be reconsidered. But it's highly unlikely.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by thunguyen168
Your application will be reconsidered. But it's highly unlikely.

How do you know?
Im not denying in but I mean do you anyone who marginally missed his offer? Or did they tell you that?
Original post by arminb
How do you know?
Im not denying in but I mean do you anyone who marginally missed his offer? Or did they tell you that?

The reconsider part is in your offer pack.
I do know one person who marginally missed her offer (well, when I say I know, I meant a friend of a friend) and still got in, her conditions were AAA, and she got AAB. But maybe she was really lucky.
It's unlikely because some programmes are over subscribed (as lse keeps reminding us that), if the number of those who met their conditions is enough, they will not be bothered to look at those who missed. It depends really, if there are spaces left then of course, they will see how many UMS marks did you miss your offer by, read your PS again, etc in order to make a final decision
The reconsider part is in your offer pack.
I do know one person who marginally missed her offer (well, when I say I know, I meant a friend of a friend) and still got in, her conditions were AAA, and she got AAB. But maybe she was really lucky.
It's unlikely because some programmes are over subscribed (as lse keeps reminding us that), if the number of those who met their conditions is enough, they will not be bothered to look at those who missed. It depends really, if there are spaces left then of course, they will see how many UMS marks did you miss your offer by, read your PS again, etc in order to make a final decision

tnks bro. It's just that I had a really bad teacher this year and I can't trust that the mark I got in the coursework will stay. I got 40/50 but I think it will be downgraded. It happened last year with english lit., he gave me an A but it was downgraded to a C and I ended with a B (got an A in the exam). Do you think it is sensible to inform the university about this? That I didnt receive much help with the coursework.
BTW, I am applying for history and I dont think it is very over subscribed.
Original post by arminb
tnks bro. It's just that I had a really bad teacher this year and I can't trust that the mark I got in the coursework will stay. I got 40/50 but I think it will be downgraded. It happened last year with english lit., he gave me an A but it was downgraded to a C and I ended with a B (got an A in the exam). Do you think it is sensible to inform the university about this? That I didnt receive much help with the coursework.
BTW, I am applying for history and I dont think it is very over subscribed.

Sexist much :smile:) I'm a girl. Anyway, I feel you. My teacher hasn't been helpful at all and I basically had to do all the work on my own. If I end up having bad grades, its their fault (I will hunt them down, seriously)
You will have to understand that there is nothing the university can do about this. Maybe you should ask your college to write some kind of circumstantial letter to inform the university. But then again, college might feel reluctant to do this (because, shockingly, they don't want to take the blame)
Nonetheless, just ask them beforehand.
Sexist much :smile:) I'm a girl. Anyway, I feel you. My teacher hasn't been helpful at all and I basically had to do all the work on my own. If I end up having bad grades, its their fault (I will hunt them down, seriously)
You will have to understand that there is nothing the university can do about this. Maybe you should ask your college to write some kind of circumstantial letter to inform the university. But then again, college might feel reluctant to do this (because, shockingly, they don't want to take the blame)
Nonetheless, just ask them beforehand.

Ok tnks. The university can at least consider it though. If i get 90 in the exam and 60 in the coursework then theyll know why. I dont think the college will send that letter though. But thank you anyways and sorry about calling you bro :-)
Accepted to Bankside!
Happy with that
Original post by arminb
Guys would they accept you if your offer was AAA but you got A*A*B or A*AB?
I applied for history.

I know someone who last year got in for economics and accounting and he missed his offer and got a B in one of his 3 subjects... yet they let him in, it really depends.
My offer is also AAA but economics is so damn hard, I really hope they accept A*, A*, B :frown:
Avg UMS for LSE econ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got their student verification form yet? Just wondering.
So worried at the moment as I think Im going to get A*AB or A*A*B. I wonder what chances are still to be accepted I applied for Geography so its not that popular course..hm...
I have an offer for economic history at AAB with an A in history, but i think i missed an A in maths buy about 5 ums what is the thoughts on them reconsidering it.
Reply 6052
Hey guys! Was hoping there would be a thread like this. I'm in for mathematics and economics (2014 entry) and need an A*AA .... I really hope I exceeded my offer!! It's just c4 I'm counting on :frown:
With an extremely long summer ahead, I was hoping I could get a head start on uni, like start some reading and that, can anyone help me out? :biggrin:
Original post by C7jnr
I have an offer for economic history at AAB with an A in history, but i think i missed an A in maths buy about 5 ums what is the thoughts on them reconsidering it.

I have the same problem but no one seems to be able to answer. But I can tell if you get A*AB you do stand a chance. My offer is AAA and my tutor said if you get A*A*B they will most likely take you. Also depends on how many people met their offers and how many firmed LSE, obviously. Also if you are home or overseas student.
Original post by arminb
I have the same problem but no one seems to be able to answer. But I can tell if you get A*AB you do stand a chance. My offer is AAA and my tutor said if you get A*A*B they will most likely take you. Also depends on how many people met their offers and how many firmed LSE, obviously. Also if you are home or overseas student.

Having heard that now i maybe should have pushed for the A star in History, who knows, just have to wait and see, pisses me off thinking lse or queen mary over a small amount of marks
Congratulations to those who got a place.
Did anyone were on a gap year and retook few modules and still got offered a places at LSE/UCL? As this year I didnt get grades I needed to get into LSE this year
I could really do with a reply to this as well, im in exactly the same situation
Hi guys! Congatulations to everyone on their results!
Just out of question, has anyone here had any emails or letters from the School since being accepted on results day? Seems to be all quiet on their front is all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by El-Zaiba
Hi guys! Congatulations to everyone on their results!
Just out of question, has anyone here had any emails or letters from the School since being accepted on results day? Seems to be all quiet on their front is all.

Nothing from LSE but got AS12 on ucas track

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending