The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blame Game
Thanks for linking it, most people cba.

But a Telegraph report is hardly concrete

Telegraph is one of the most reliable around.

What was your original handle? I'm losing track of all these dupes. SUG I think
(edited 9 years ago)
I just have a thought, wouldn't Cesc give us the leadership we lack if we resign him?
Original post by Setsuna
I just have a thought, wouldn't Cesc give us the leadership we lack if we resign him?

Depends if the others would let him have that leadership.

Im still down for Merte to get captaincy!
Original post by sevchenko
Telegraph is one of the most reliable around.

What was your original handle? I'm losing track of all these dupes. SUG I think

Telegraph isn't as good as Guardian, which I personally think is the best for all football stuff.

Telegraph second, then Times, then Indy
Original post by AR_95
Depends if the others would let him have that leadership.

Im still down for Merte to get captaincy!

lol the irony, given Merte is wearing the no.4 jersey
Original post by Setsuna
lol the irony, given Merte is wearing the no.4 jersey

What do you mean irony?
Reply 5566
Original post by AR_95
What do you mean irony?

Fab was captain with no. 4. Mert captain with no. 4. Fab returns... Full circle homie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Fab was captain with no. 4. Mert captain with no. 4. Fab returns... Full circle homie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see. Isn't Verm our captain anyway lol
Reply 5568
Original post by AR_95
Ah I see. Isn't Verm our captain anyway lol

Yeah but it's anticipated he will leave so :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Yeah but it's anticipated he will leave so :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

which is why I said I want Merte to get full captaincy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5570
Original post by AR_95
which is why I said I want Merte to get full captaincy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too much fish for you I feel :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Too much fish for you I feel :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leave it to the misc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5572
Original post by AR_95
Leave it to the misc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why fishy boy? :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cause dead jokes deserve to be placed in the dump thread init

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5574
Original post by AR_95
Cause dead jokes deserve to be placed in the dump thread init

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you want some fish mr fish fish fish. Fish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Vermaelen still on his way out? If he stays then I don't think there's any point spending money on a new CB. He put in a some decent perfromances during his appearances, I can't recall any errors that we've grown accustom to seeing from him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Birdman1234567
Is Vermaelen still on his way out? If he stays then I don't think there's any point spending money on a new CB. He put in a some decent perfromances during his appearances, I can't recall any errors that we've grown accustom to seeing from him.

He said he'd decide after the World Cup. He's made quite a few errors tbh and you see a massive change in our defence when he was on in Koscielnies absence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5577
Original post by Blame Game
Thanks for linking it, most people cba.

But a Telegraph report is hardly concrete

It's a misunderstanding from what I can see. When he was signed, word (e.g. in Mundo Deportivo) was that AFC have first refusal which kicks in if FCB accept offers that are higher than the price Cesc was bought for, as well as a 50% profit clause (meaning Arsenal would get half of the profit sum FCB get from selling him). So there's no "buy back clause". The sum that is being talked about is the sum that FCB would have to offer Cesc to Arsenal for in case they accept other offers that are higher than the initial transfer fee.

So it's entirely up to FCB and other clubs coming in for Cesc with an offer that's higher than €34m. Either way, at this point there's no point talking about it as no decision has been made on Cesc with Enrique being in office for like 2 days. I can see him leaving, but there's no way that would be determined already, especially because I doubt Cesc would want to leave unless he understands he won't be counted on any longer, which is yet to be seen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
He said he'd decide after the World Cup. He's made quite a few errors tbh and you see a massive change in our defence when he was on in Koscielnies absence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I know but I mean in comparison to previous seasons, he's been ok for us recently so he'ss till a decen 3rd choice.

On a completeyl random note though, have we ever had a more un-injury prone player as Giroud? The guy has played almost the whole season and hasn't broken a sweat. It would be interesting to see a compiled list of our clubs least injury prone players.
Original post by Birdman1234567
Yh I know but I mean in comparison to previous seasons, he's been ok for us recently so he'ss till a decen 3rd choice.

On a completeyl random note though, have we ever had a more un-injury prone player as Giroud? The guy has played almost the whole season and hasn't broken a sweat. It would be interesting to see a compiled list of our clubs least injury prone players.

He hasn't be injured however he looked fatigued and far from form for a good half of the season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest