The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Gomes? Didn't realise he was still at spurs - got to be years since he last played. Him and Almunia is an impressive set of keepers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gomes is to replace Almunia, who wants to retire in Spain. Hopefully Gomes' howler days are behind him...
McClaren in the rain at Wembley, opted for the waterproof rather than the umbrella this time though.
Original post by billybo_h
It's worse that the the Premier League won't do anything if QPR do get promoted. Leaving the FL to search the fine out for themselves, rather than just withholding TV/prize money.

Ridiculous.

It's worse that the League allows clubs to be relocated by a hedge fund but that's another matter entirely. The Premier League runs English football and the demands of plastic glory hunters outweighs those of traditional supporters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disgusting tackle by O'Neil, deserved red. Derby's game for the taking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
As red cards go, that could turn out to be a one of the best to take.

Fancy derby even more now though.

Edit: These corners are becoming tiresome. Why don't they try something different on them?
(edited 9 years ago)
C'mon Derby. Why did you have to screw that up?
Yes OPR. Good old Arry back in the prem
Very sad for Derby. Can't quite believe it. Sucker punch bitches
Gutting for Derby - Shame, I'd have loved to see that wheeler-dealer fail.
Lol @ derby. Thank you QPR for Remy <3
Undeserved by a mile, but a wins a win. QPR to come straight back down probably, Derby to be right up there next year. Football, eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Derby got exactly what they deserved. All the ball but did nothing with it. No creativity, never more evident than on the corners. Resorting to crosses all the time that were being defended easily. Very similar to Man Utd vs. Fulham.
Well in QPR!

Good to have you back :smile:
Can't believe they scored off their only shot on target in the game. Absolute smash & grab.
By gum the worms are out of the woodwork!
Derby should have won that, but they just didn't do enough with all of that build-up play after the sending off. And the goal was terrible, shouldn't have even been a chance.

I would have preferred Derby to win it to be honest. QPR are boring.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Gutting for Derby - Shame, I'd have loved to see that wheeler-dealer fail.

Me too. I'd enjoyed a PL without Harry Redknapp and his ramblings.

Derby are a more enjoyable team to watch and they've got a good team so think they'll be favourites for automatic promotion next season. QPR will need to strengthen adequately and they'll have Remy so should survive.
Original post by Aky786UK
Me too. I'd enjoyed a PL without Harry Redknapp and his ramblings.

Derby are a more enjoyable team to watch and they've got a good team so think they'll be favourites for automatic promotion next season. QPR will need to strengthen adequately and they'll have Remy so should survive.

I doubt Remy will return to QPR next year... He's proven he's better than PL survival.
Original post by CraigWM
I doubt Remy will return to QPR next year... He's proven he's better than PL survival.

Wheeler-dealer Harry will have a word with him, use his "charm".

But yeah, think they'll cash in on him but I can't see Charlie Austin banging the goals in the PL so Harry might persuade him to stay if no club offers them the money they want.
For God sake that result disgusted me. Only good news is that Derby is a better away day, and someone, please give Richard Keogh some therapy!

Quick Reply

Latest