The Student Room Group

Film/TV scenes in which it is acceptable to cry

Or if not cry, at least become very emotional and attract a lot of dust into ones' eyes for some reason. :tongue:

I'll start:

The Iron Giant: "Superman...!"

Terminator 2: Arnie sinking below the lava.

Futurama: We all know it, but just in case someone's been living under a rock it's the one where Fry's dog Seymour is revealed to have waited for his master for years.

Post your own!

Scroll to see replies

If I wrote out every bit of every film that makes me cry we'd be here a life time (literally!!)

I guess my top "allergic to the air" moments which make me bawl are in Les Mis both when Eponine dies, when Gavroche dies and right at the end when Valjean dies.
Then also P.S. I love you has me sobbing quite a lot!
Up's opening scenes are a guaranteed tear jerker (as I'm sure everyone is very aware)
About Time sets me off like crazy.
The Boy in Striped Pyjamas, My Sister's Keeper, The Lovely Bones...oh goodness I do just cry at everything...
Original post by ssingh9
Or if not cry, at least become very emotional and attract a lot of dust into ones' eyes for some reason. :tongue:

I'll start:

The Iron Giant: "Superman...!"

Terminator 2: Arnie sinking below the lava.

Futurama: We all know it, but just in case someone's been living under a rock it's the one where Fry's dog Seymour is revealed to have waited for his master for years.

Post your own!

That Futurama one gets me everytime...welling up just thinking about it

Bridge To Terabithia is the film that gets me closest to tears, no matter how many times I watch it....
titanic...

and definitely naruto...

maybe I should man up...
I'd say that the end of Schindler's List is an official wet eye and lumpy throat zone.
Reply 5
How could you cry at Iron Giant? Didn't find it emotional at all. Really nice film though.

And Arnie going down into the lava on terminator 2...not really emotional, I was hoping it would end differently, but it had to end that way, made sense for him to go out that way.

But I will DEFINITELY say that it's acceptable for anyone to cry if they're watching that Adam Sandler film called Click!! Ashamed to admit that I found it very emotional indeed. Maybe I'm getting soft.
Arsenal Vs Hull - FA Cup Final Full Match Replay. Ramsey's goal and Wenger lifting the cup brings a tear to my eye every time!
Reply 7
Obvious one is Titanic, LotR, The Green Mile, end of Saving Private Ryan/Gladiator, Ladder 49, My Girl

This ending of Black hawk Down always gets me, when the the credits start

As far as TV goes, quite a lot of scenes on Lost, mainly deaths
(edited 9 years ago)
Les mis
Click
Frozen
Titanic

Etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Les mis
Click
Frozen

The only films ever at which I have cried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Schindler's List, watching it at the moment and a few tears have been shed :cool:
Merlin - When Arthur dies :cry:

What happened to the Albion they were meant to create :frown:
Gladiator at the end :,)
Forrest Gump, when Jenny dies.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, most of the second half, but particularly "Always."
Dead Poets Society "O Captain! My Captain!"
I cry at literally every movie. The last movie I watched (around 2 weeks ago, i have exams) was The Help, and although I disapproved of the white woman's guilt/pity writing of the book, I cried like a baby!
Reply 16
Oh cmon guys can we not put these in spoilers, I think I've just had 5 movies ruined for me in just under 10 seconds
Ianto's death.
The entire of Fruitvale Station.
Dead Poets Society when Neil dies.

I cry a lot watching movies but these were particularly poignant. Cannot recommend Fruitvale Station enough, Michael B. Jordan is excellent.
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Merlin - When Arthur dies :cry:

What happened to the Albion they were meant to create :frown:

this. They ruined that show in the end.
I Am Legend, the scene where he has to kill the dog :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest