The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6840
Original post by Scienceisgood
Uminiku - In English, it is translated into "When Seagulls Cry" - A very good series but the ending is left open and was never really completed, so, it is up to you how you view what happened.

Uminiku was written by the same person who wrote Higurashi

Also has a pretty bad ass opening:

Spoiler

Black Butler - I found this very funny but, I personally found the first episode rather bland.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head (kinda got exams on the brain, my last one is on Friday...)
Someone shoot me (out of a cannon), at high speed so I will be far away from here... :sad:

Thank you :biggrin:. Good luck!. I'll shoot you to space XD
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Glad my first lot of recommendations were of some interest, I'll try again with some darker series. :p: These five are all in my personal Top 50 anime of all time list, as are Bokurano and NHK incidentally. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Now and Then, Here and There

Shiki

Monster

Thank you so much for recommending Bokurano ;o; It was so good, I marathoned the whole thing! I tried so hard to keep disliking the characters but I loved all of them by the end!

I think I'll give Shin Sekai Yori a try next, it looks promising! Out of curiosity, though, what's number one in your top 50?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by penguindrum
Thank you so much for recommending Bokurano ;o; It was so good, I marathoned the whole thing! I tried so hard to keep disliking the characters but I loved all of them by the end!

No problem, glad you liked it. :biggrin: I also marathoned the whole series in one sitting when I watched it. :tongue:
No problem, glad you liked it. :biggrin: I also marathoned the whole series in one sitting when I watched it. :tongue:

I think I'll try Shin Sekai Yori next, it looks promising! Hopefully my half-broken heart will survive xD
Out of curiosity, though, what's number one in your top 50?

Just noticed your edit... that's a hard question to answer, I usually treat all the anime in my Top 50 as equal so that I don't have to think too hard about it. :tongue: Possibly Baccano! at this moment in time.

I think I'll try Shin Sekai Yori next, it looks promising! Hopefully my half-broken heart will survive xD

Shin Sekai Yori has an odd feel/pacing to it, and is a little slow at the beginning, but the build up is worth it in the end, in my opinion. :smile:
Reply 6845
I finally have some free time now, so I can watch some anime after a year.. (yay).

Just need to decide on something.
nooo didn't think Nisekoi would only be 20 eps :frown: and just when things started to get moving as well..

probably not enough manga material :sadnod: really want another season :puppyeyes: no ending but a great ep still :h: best romeo and juliet play i've seen :rofl: really enjoyed this show on the whole, especially the characters :yep: absolutely hilarious at times :laugh:
Original post by Yuuki
I finally have some free time now, so I can watch some anime after a year.. (yay).

Just need to decide on something.

Nisekoi :yeah:

or Full Metal Panic?

and :hi:
Currently marathoning Ano Natsu de Matteru, which I was given by a friend earlier this year - I was expecting a generic ecchi harem series, but instead I got a decent romantic comedy with really likeable characters. Pleasantly surprised. :biggrin:
^ one of the many good shows I stopped watching at the last ep for no reason :pinch: Anohana :erm:

enjoying DB Kai :biggrin: man that was brutal against Videl :lolwut:
Original post by eugenius 8
^ one of the many good shows I stopped watching at the last ep for no reason :pinch: Anohana :erm:

enjoying DB Kai :biggrin: man that was brutal against Videl :lolwut:

I still need to watch the last Kill la Kill episode :biggrin:. Have no idea why but I just stopped watching it last episode XD.
I could never stall a series on/near the last episode - if anything, the closer I get to the end of a show, the more likely I am to keep watching and finish it, so that I can clear a space for something new. :p: Most of the anime on my stalled list are things that I lost interest in way before the half-way point. :yes: [EDIT] The exception being Hellsing Ultimate, which I started watching on Bluray, and am still waiting for the final two eps to be released here.

After finishing Ano Natsu, I tried watching Iria: Zeiram the Animation, which I picked up on DVD at the February expo... but stopped about a minute into it. No fault of the show itself, but the timing on the subtitles is abysmal. :s-smilie: I'm already 'acquiring' another version as I type this, but it's still a shame.
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone watched Ergo Proxy? One of the few "classics" I haven't tried yet. Is it good? :biggrin:
Original post by Tai Ga
Anyone watched Ergo Proxy? One of the few "classics" I haven't tried yet. Is it good? :biggrin:

I found it enjoyable enough, a very confusing series though. :hmmmm2:
I can't be the only one who's seriously PO with the extortionate price of anime in the UK can I?

The cheapest you can buy SAO Blu Ray online (complete series which is comprised of 4 separate parts) is £71.76.

Not that I am going to buy it because the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first half but still, that is just plain silly that price... :angry:

EDIT:
I bought the whole FMAB series on Blu Ray for just under £50 before and that is 64 episodes!
SAO is less than half of that!
(edited 9 years ago)
HUNTER X HUNTER Episode 131, the best anime episode I've ever seen. OMFG,OMFG,OMFG,OMFG.
Original post by Willdono
HUNTER X HUNTER Episode 131, the best anime episode I've ever seen. OMFG,OMFG,OMFG,OMFG.

I'm just about to watch that myself, and am looking forward to it even more after reading this. :biggrin:

This has been a good week for strong episodes (loved the latest JoJo's, Break Blade and YowaPeda), but if anything can beat them it's Hunter x Hunter. :yes:
Original post by Scienceisgood
I can't be the only one who's seriously PO with the extortionate price of anime in the UK can I?

The cheapest you can buy SAO Blu Ray online (complete series which is comprised of 4 separate parts) is £71.76.

Not that I am going to buy it because the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first half but still, that is just plain silly that price... :angry:

EDIT:
I bought the whole FMAB series on Blu Ray for just under £50 before and that is 64 episodes!
SAO is less than half of that!

As bad as GB prices can be, they're nothing compared to America, let alone Japan! Pretty sure the Japanese firms make them charge high prices to stop reverse importation.
Reply 6858
Original post by eugenius 8
Nisekoi :yeah:

or Full Metal Panic?

and :hi:

:hi:

I decided to watch Kill la Kill because of the hype, I have watched the first few episodes and I am not a fan. :redface: Might watch a few more before I decide to continue or not.
I'm just about to watch that myself, and am looking forward to it even more after reading this. :biggrin:

This has been a good week for strong episodes (loved the latest JoJo's, Break Blade and YowaPeda), but if anything can beat them it's Hunter x Hunter. :yes:

It was amazing wasn't it?!

Latest

Trending

Trending