The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
You have the figures as to what match was watched more that day? Otherwise this is just a statement without any proof?

Does this not go both ways?
lol at trying to claim our win was worth less because the final was vs Hull. What about Liverpool, Everton and Spurs in earlier rounds? Nobody is claiming the FA Cup is the realisation of our ambitions, Wenger himself said it was not his real ambition. But it's a good start for an Arsenal side which is still very young.

What is people's obsession with Arsenal anyway? Guess we should take it as a complement really...
Original post by AR_95
Does this not go both ways?

No it doesn't, because I said that I'm willing to bet on it. He said good thing I'm not a betting man, so one can only assume that he meant that Arsenal vs Hull was viewed the most that day?

This is why I'm asking for proof.
Reply 5623
Original post by jam278
You have the figures as to what match was watched more that day? Otherwise this is just a statement without any proof?

How much you willing to put on it?
Original post by Zürich
x

Who said that the win was worth less? Or are we trying our hardest to put words into people's mouths here?

I said people cared less about you winning. I'd also say that suddenly everybody is an Arsenal fan on my facebook despite saying Wenger out a few weeks ago.

Do people still want Wenger out?
Original post by 419
How much you willing to put on it?

undisclosed bet.
Original post by jam278
Who said that the win was worth less? Or are we trying our hardest to put words into people's mouths here?

I said people cared less about you winning. I'd also say that suddenly everybody is an Arsenal fan on my facebook despite saying Wenger out a few weeks ago.

Do people still want Wenger out?

Not sure what your point is at all then really.

Vast majority of gooners want Wenger to stay, always have. The minority are just very vocal about wanting him out.
Reply 5627
Original post by jam278
undisclosed bet.

As I thought.
Original post by Zürich
Not sure what your point is at all then really.

Vast majority of gooners want Wenger to stay, always have. The minority are just very vocal about wanting him out.

Could post my mate saying Wenger made him cry and he wanted him out after losing 3-0 to Everton he melted down. I was telling him you'll come 4th and win FA cup(unfortunately) and he was disagreeing. Now he's all smiles now and loves Wenger.

He's a normal guy but I think Arsenalitis has a major symptom in bipolar disorder.
Original post by jam278
Could post my mate saying Wenger made him cry and he wanted him out after losing 3-0 to Everton he melted down. I was telling him you'll come 4th and win FA cup(unfortunately) and he was disagreeing. Now he's all smiles now and loves Wenger.

Makes point about majority opinion of millions of fans, responds with anecdote of a single fan. Seems legit.
Original post by jam278

He's a normal guy but I think Arsenalitis has a major symptom in bipolar disorder.

That's fickle fans for you, regardless of club. I've never wanted Wenger out and still don't, I just want him to adapt with the times and not be so stubborn.
Original post by Zürich
Makes point about majority opinion of millions of fans, responds with anecdote of a single fan. Seems legit.

Do you have stats on each fan on Wenger's opinions this season at different stages this season and their vote of confidence from when you were top of the league to the away game vs Everton?

Otherwise I can't really use anything but anecdotal evidence since I'm not bothered to research votes of confidence from people at different stages of the season. :smile:
Not liking these Uchida rumours, really energetic player that makes him out to be better than he his.
Reply 5633
Original post by jam278
Do you have stats on each fan on Wenger's opinions this season at different stages this season and their vote of confidence from when you were top of the league to the away game vs Everton?

Otherwise I can't really use anything but anecdotal evidence since I'm not bothered to research votes of confidence from people at different stages of the season. :smile:

Burden of prove is on you.

Last chance to take me up on that bet. Back up your chat.
Reply 5634
ignore
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Not liking these Uchida rumours, really energetic player that makes him out to be better than he his.

Don't think he's got the quality for us, and will probably get injured in a few weeks here lol
Paper gossip has it that we night target Khedira for 15m , as he only has one year remaining in his contract. Doubt he'd sell close to 15.

Also reports of Ballotelli wanting a return to premier league due to the racism he has been receiving in Italy.
Apparently he is our second choice target over Benzema.

Other reports say that UTD no longer want Cesc, meaning we've hardly any competition to sign him.

Id rather go for Khedira, but what I fear the most is that Wenger has too much faith in Arteta and will continue playing him as a year remains in his contract. Having said that, we end up not buying a CDM and then caught out in the big away games yet again next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Ewww Uchida ergh, he has fallen off a lot.
Original post by AR_95
Paper gossip has it that we night target Khedira for 15m , as he only has one year remaining in his contract. Doubt he'd sell close to 15.

Also reports of Ballotelli wanting a return to premier league due to the racism he has been receiving in Italy.
Apparently he is our second choice target over Benzema.

Other reports say that UTD no longer want Cesc, meaning we've hardly any competition to sign him.

Id rather go for Khedira, but what I fear the most is that Wenger has too much faith in Arteta and will continue playing him as a year remains in his contract. Having said that, we end up not buying a CDM and then caught out in the big away games yet again next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsene has absolutely no faith in Arteta, if he did, when he was handing out all the new contracts Mikel would have got one. He's got a year left on his contract and when we get a new DM we won't see much of Mikel, hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone will move for Cesc at the price Barca are asking other than us tbh. According to Mundo Deportivo, Barca are looking for replacements, idk about validity.

Cesc can easily play the role Arteta is playing rn for big games, and a more offensive one against smaller teams, if we stopped playing suicide tactics against the big 4 then I don't think it would be that bad to have a Cesc-Ramsey midfield. Just have fullbacks be more aware of positioning and get them to run back more and Wingers to cover the wings a bit more, Arteta wasn't solely at fault for those whippings.

Would still like a young potential cheap DM/CM if we did get him though.

Latest