The Student Room Group

How are you feeling? GCSEs

Hello :biggrin:

This thread is basically just to post how you are feeling about the gcse exams, what your mindset is like ie are you close to burning out, more motivated than ever etc. Also, please post how the actual exams have gone, how many you have done, and how many left :smile:

I shall start:

-I am pretty knackered and can't wait for it to end, I feel as though I am climing up a mountain (metaphorically of course) and am so close to the top but each step is harder and harder. However, I have enjoyed the majority of my lessons and will miss many next year in sixth form.

-The exams themselves have gone okay. In the first few I was nervous so with all of thw questions that require spontaneity eg. how science works, I missed out the obvious answers so probably lost a few easy marks. English lit went pretty badly, but on the whole, satisfied :smile:

-I am quite lucky in the fact that I only have 19 exams this summer, unlike some who have 30+. So far, I have done 13 and only have one english language, 3 science and 2 maths left. Then, freedom! :biggrin:

Cheers!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by easyaspirsquared
Hello :biggrin:

This thread is basically just to post how you are feeling about the gcse exams, what your mindset is like ie are you close to burning out, more motivated than ever etc. Also, please post how the actual exams have gone, how many you have done, and how many left :smile:

I shall start:

-I am pretty knackered and can't wait for it to end, I feel as though I am climing up a mountain (metaphorically of course) and am so close to the top but each step is harder and harder. However, I have enjoyed the majority of my lessons and will miss many next year in sixth form.

-The exams themselves have gone okay. In the first few I was nervous so with all of thw questions that require spontaneity eg. how science works, I missed out the obvious answers so probably lost a few easy marks. English lit went pretty badly, but on the whole, satisfied :smile:

-I am quite lucky in the fact that I only have 19 exams this summer, unlike some who have 30+. So far, I have done 13 and only have one english language, 3 science and 2 maths left. Then, freedom! :biggrin:

Cheers!

My exam weeks have been a little bit though but i got round them and hopefully did well (Fingers crossed):smile:
Original post by German123
My exam weeks have been a little bit though but i got round them and hopefully did well (Fingers crossed):smile:

Nice good luck!:smile:
My exams have been okay :biggrin: I wouldn't go as far as saying fantastic, because some have definitely been better than others. I just hope I've done enough to get my predicted grades :/ I'm almost dreading results day :frown:
Pretty bored and annoyed with myself for making so many stupid mistakes, but what you gonna do?

Feeling pretty chilled out now compared to earlier because IMO the only really difficult exams left for me are English Lang (absolutely hate it! :angry:) and Electronics.
Reply 5
So far I've done 15 exams and have only got 6 left :biggrin: I have business, eng lang, 2 science exams and 2 further maths papers left which is good because I will actually enjoy the further maths and the others are fairly easy :biggrin:
I am absolutely miserable at the fact that I burned myself out throughout the year and therefore, had no energy to revise properly for my actual exams.
The science exams were particularly hard and I interpreted the unseen poem in English Lit incorrectly.
I am relaxing this weekend before getting back to work tomorrow so I don't mess up on RE, English Language, maths, further maths and Arabic in the same way.
I am happy at the moment, I have done 12 exams and I am only unhappy with 2 of them: 1 being ICT but I have 60% Coursework at one away from A* so I think I will be okay, and the other being one English literature exam but I believe I did well in the other one so hopefully I can achieve at least a B.

I have 4 exams left: RE, English Language and 2 Maths exams. I am confident with these exams and I am not worrying, I feel like I only need to revise for the RE exam, I get A*s in the Maths Mocks with minimal revision and few marks of A*s in English Language so just hoping for the best and cant wait til results day!
Reply 8
Original post by momomomo123
I am absolutely miserable at the fact that I burned myself out throughout the year and therefore, had no energy to revise properly for my actual exams.
The science exams were particularly hard and I interpreted the unseen poem in English Lit incorrectly.
I am relaxing this weekend before getting back to work tomorrow so I don't mess up on RE, English Language, maths, further maths and Arabic in the same way.

How can you interpret an unseen poem incorrectly? Aren't poems supposed to be equivocal?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asciant
So far I've done 15 exams and have only got 6 left :biggrin: I have business, eng lang, 2 science exams and 2 further maths papers left which is good because I will actually enjoy the further maths and the others are fairly easy :biggrin:

Haha yeah maths revision is great! Just do papers and listen to music :biggrin:
Original post by momomomo123

If you have burned out that clearly means you've put the work in at one point, so try to stay optimistic! You've earned good grades!
If you have burned out that clearly means you've put the work in at one point, so try to stay optimistic! You've earned good grades!

Aww I hope so. I will try to remain optimistic.

Good luck to you too.:smile:
Feeling pretty chill, only have 10 exams, 4 down 6 to go.

Study leave is great, loads of time to revise and do other things in the afternoon.

Can't complain.
(edited 9 years ago)

Good luck to you too.:smile:
Results day is not looking good. -_____-
Already 8 exams have gone, French, History and English Lit were a fail.
There only good exam I've done so far was Biology.
I can kiss goodbye to those A*'s :frown:
Original post by Bloom77
Results day is not looking good. -_____-
Already 8 exams have gone, French, History and English Lit were a fail.
There only good exam I've done so far was Biology.
I can kiss goodbye to those A*'s :frown:

This is pretty much exactly how i'm feeling... :frown:
Feeling bored and I guess, yeah, burned out. The last thing I want to do right now is to go through my notes YET AGAIN :banghead:

I've got 4 exams left- 3 sciences and Geography (decision making exercise). Not looking forward to geo :unimpressed:

My exams have gone alright and am trying not to think about the one's I've already done- mind over matter, right? :bebored:
9 Exams left (5 Science, 3 History, 1 Politics) - it's going to be tough but I'm gearing up for a final push this half-term. :smile:

Good luck everyone with your exams, only a little while longer!
I just can't wait till I can relax over this 3 month summer! Ah bliss!

Quick Reply

Latest