The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carlisomes
Which "people"? To say it's most is *******s...

I only ever wanted him out when we lost to Bradford, but even then getting 4th place that season over Spurs made up for it.

Don't believe I said 'most' be anyway.

Those who want him out for the previous seasons are still here, the WOBs have been steadily growing, but many seem to have jumped ship after the Cup win as if that has miraculously made things better (Which is hasn't) Sadly the majority still want him in the job.

By all means be happy with 4th, but 4th shouldn't be the measure of success, that is failure.
Original post by FKLW
Spurs man :lol: they are actually a complete joke, I absolutely love their meltdowns so I can't imagine how you guys must feel!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that - however bad we may be doing - spurs are always doing worse is just hysterical frankly.
Original post by Peggles_*

Those who want him out for the previous seasons are still here, the WOBs have been steadily growing, but many seem to have jumped ship after the Cup win as if that has miraculously made things better (Which is hasn't) Sadly the majority still want him in the job.

By all means be happy with 4th, but 4th shouldn't be the measure of success, that is failure.

4th isn't failure, below 4th is. 4th is bare minimum required, a C grade if you will.

The best we could we do with the current team is top four and a trophy. This is what we got.

We should be doing a lot more, but then as it stands with our squad quality we did the best we can for now. I'd have taken 4th and the FA Cup at the start of the season.
Original post by carlisomes
The best we could we do with the current team is top four and a trophy. This is what we got.

We should be doing a lot more, but then as it stands with our squad quality we did the best we can for now. I'd have taken 4th and the FA Cup at the start of the season.

So would have I, most gooners would but it's now about progression, we have to push on and really challenge and not doing so, would be negligence of the highest order from AW & the Board.
So would have I, most gooners would but it's now about progression, we have to push on and really challenge and not doing so, would be negligence of the highest order from AW & the Board.

Hi Pegs darling

Been to any AKB parties lately?

I told you all so long ago :lol:
Ozil leaves Madrid...

Madrid win CL

All claims about Ozil's lack of big game performances are justified. (not that they weren't justified before on this season's evidence).
Original post by Blame Game
Ozil leaves Madrid...

Madrid win CL

All claims about Ozil's lack of big game performances are justified. (not that they weren't justified before on this season's evidence).

Not like they signed the worlds most expensive player or got rid of a toxic manager for one who is both exceptional and gets on well with people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5668
Ozil leaves Madrid...

Madrid win CL

Oh so Real Madrid's win stems down to the sale of Ozil?

So, if we sell Ozil, we'll win the premier league next season? Maybe Champions league too?

Damn. Must get on the phone to Wenger.

You clown
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Not like they signed the worlds most expensive player or got rid of a toxic manager for one who is both exceptional and gets on well with people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What changed from this season to last:

a) a manager with 2 CLs left, and a manager with 2 CLs came in
b) Ozil left, Bale took his place in the team

That's all facts, and pretty simple ones. Ozil being sold undoubtedly helped Madrid.

Original post by SHOO

So, if we sell Ozil, we'll win the premier league next season? Maybe Champions league too?

You clown

No, stop being a moron. Arsenal will never win anything meaningful under Wenger.

Although it would probably help if you didn't have Ozil around, every big game this season he's been completely absent.
Reply 5670
What changed from this season to last:

a) a manager with 2 CLs left, and a manager with 2 CLs came in
b) Ozil left, Bale took his place in the team

That's all facts, and pretty simple ones. Ozil being sold undoubtedly helped Madrid.

No, stop being a moron. Arsenal will never win anything meaningful under Wenger.

Although it would probably help if you didn't have Ozil around, every big game this season he's been completely absent.

I think you'll find Ozil's absense extends to the smaller games too.. And it mainly occurred during a time his form seriously dipped. Remember him at the start of the season? Remember vs Napoli & Dourtmond? Only an idiot would classify those two games as small games and I'm sure he turned up. Think back to World Cup 2010, his smashing goal- did he turn up or nah?
He usually assists or scores the crucial goals for Germany. He had the highest number or assists in Europe.

Bale did not replace him, bale replaced Di Maria's initally position. Isco took over from ozil and only because of Di Maria's stunning form, isco doesn't get all the starts.

Ozil was sold because real had a lot of players who can accommodate for him (Modric, Isco, Di Maria).. And Bales purchase was more of the reason why Ozil left. They needed cash, Wenger saw this and siezed the opportunity.

Ozils stats this season were good, and it's only the start. You wait until he settles in- then you're team and the rest will be truely pissed
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO
I think you'll find Ozil's absense extends to the smaller games too.. And it mainly occurred during a time his form seriously dipped. Remember him at the start of the season? Remember vs Napoli & Dourtmond? Only an idiot would classify those two games as small games and I'm sure he turned up. Think back to World Cup 2010, his smashing goal- did he turn up or nah?
He usually assists or scores the crucial goals for Germany. He had the highest number or assists in Europe.

Bale did not replace him, bale replaced Di Maria's initally position. Isco took over from ozil and only because of Di Maria's stunning form, isco doesn't get all the starts.

Ozil was sold because real had a lot of players who can accommodate for him (Modric, Isco, Di Maria).. And Bales purchase was more of the reason why Ozil left. They needed cash, Wenger saw this and siezed the opportunity.

Ozils stats this season were good, and it's only the start. You wait until he settles in- then you're team and the rest will be truely pissed

last season;

alonso modric
ozil
di maria benzema ronaldo

this season

alonso modric
di maria
bale benzema ronaldo

:confused:

dunno what's so hard to comprehend.

Ozil is a failure in big games. He was for Madrid, and that's why they offloaded him, and he is at Arsenal too.
Reply 5672
I think people underestimate the amount of people that want Arsene out. I've been one of his biggest apologist on here but, after what happened last summer and event that transpired in the big games away this season, I find myself wanting him out. The guy modus operandi belongs to another era and the lack of tactical flexibility is just way hard to take any more.

No one out there to replace him? Well that's just narrow minded bullcrap. It's same as the opinion that Bony isn't good enough. There might not be an obvious available big name out there but if the club do their background work; apply a strenuous recruitment process, it won't be too difficult to sieve out a decent candidate. Look at the good work Rogers has done at Liverpool.

De Boer was a nobody 4 years ago. Morinho was a nobody a few years before Chelsea hired him. Who knew of Klopp before BVB won the league? Simeone? Guardiola?

Remember Arsene Who?

Some people might be sacred that we might do a United and hire an incompetent fool like Moyes but totally different situation and The chosen one was an egotistical hiring and we won't apply such a flawed system.

I was initially thinking Martinez but I've actually gone lukewarm over him. Remi Garde is available and many have touted him hire to Arsene. People have been raving about the work of Steve Bould these last 2 years, why not give him a go? Him and Martin Keown would do wonders.

Original post by SHOO

You clown

You do know that's the person you ask people to ignore.
(edited 9 years ago)
Stop taking the bait FFS
Reply 5674
Original post by 419

Original post by sevchenko
Stop taking the bait FFS

Never seen this guy on our thread, and for a moment I thought he was actually being serious lol

But fair enough :rolleyes:
Reply 5675
Original post by SHOO
Never seen this guy on our thread, and for a moment I thought he was actually being serious lol

But fair enough :rolleyes:

It's SUG. He makes a new account 3 times day.
Original post by 419
I think people underestimate the amount of people that want Arsene out. I've been one of his biggest apologist on here but, after what happened last summer and event that transpired in the big games away this season, I find myself wanting him out. The guy modus operandi belongs to another era and the lack of tactical flexibility is just way hard to take any more.

No one out there to replace him? Well that's just narrow minded bullcrap. It's same as the opinion that Bony isn't good enough. There might not be an obvious available big name out there but if the club do their background work; apply a strenuous recruitment process, it won't be too difficult to sieve out a decent candidate. Look at the good work Rogers has done at Liverpool.

De Boer was a nobody 4 years ago. Morinho was a nobody a few years before Chelsea hired him. Who knew of Klopp before BVB won the league? Simeone? Guardiola?

Remember Arsene Who?

Some people might be sacred that we might do a United and hire an incompetent fool like Moyes but totally different situation and The chosen one was an egotistical hiring and we won't apply such a flawed system.

I was initially thinking Martinez but I've actually gone lukewarm over him. Remi Garde is available and many have touted him hire to Arsene. People have been raving about the work of Steve Bould these last 2 years, why not give him a go? Him and Martin Keown would do wonders.

So what happened when I told you all of this 4 months ago? You just ignored it and labelled it 'troll'.

Stubbornness from Arsenal TSRites. All though it's good to see you have opened your minds slightly.

I agree with what you say essentially but I'm more inclined to so what Wenger does for the rest of new contract. Wenger biggest strength is the consistency he offers. The big question from me is can the new manager, regardless of who he is, offer the same consistency Wenger does?

The absolute minimum for a club like Arsenal is champions league qualification, even then it's been a poor season. Failure to get CL football with the players and resources at a club like Arsenal has to result in the sack I'm afraid.

Funny you should say that, since Wenger has won more in the past week than Liverpool have won in 8 years!
Original post by Zürich
Funny you should say that, since Wenger has won more in the past week than Liverpool have won in 8 years!

How does that make my statement untrue

Latest