The Student Room Group

Which female body-type is best?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superdarklord
I'm a girl and I pick 1. Tired of people saying that real women have curves because the rest aren't curvy unless that's a euphemism :/ some people can't help it if they look like 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Number one is the reason why many girls have eating disorders such as Anorexia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dazzling_Belinda
Number one is the reason why many girls have eating disorders such as Anorexia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People feeling like they should conform to a perception of beauty that isn't always the best option for their body is why people have anorexia. Are you saying anybody that takes pride in their appearance, works out, or just even naturally just looks like number 1 should put on weight and join the growing culture of obesity just so people stop becoming anorexic. Because that isn't the answer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by ohland
IGNORE THE BOOBS. Just look at the fat/stomach/legs.

5 for me

But would hit all, why limit the market?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
the curvier ones are just as good...I mean prefer last 3 to the 3 after the first one

but yeh first one is best though

They're not "curvier"! They're just fatter.
1, and at a push 2. The rest are overweight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Anything from 1 to 5 would be fine for me. I went down the middle and voted 3. The boobs on 1 tho.
Original post by superdarklord
I'm a girl and I pick 1. Tired of people saying that real women have curves because the rest aren't curvy unless that's a euphemism :/ some people can't help it if they look like 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

The poll results highlights the obsession over a certain body type in our society. With #1 clocking in at around 80% I really don't think that #1 body types need to be too distressed at the "real women have curves" comments; far more unhealthy is our obsession in trying to achieve a body shape that society has dictated is 'best', and undoubtedly contributes to body image issues amongst a number of young women.
1 cos she's got big boobs. (.)(.)
1 is so banging I'm not even afraid to admit it. If any of you out there have that body type, or anything similar, congrats because that is the one.
Original post by just a dad
The poll results highlights the obsession over a certain body type in our society. With #1 clocking in at around 80% I really don't think that #1 body types need to be too distressed at the "real women have curves" comments; far more unhealthy is our obsession in trying to achieve a body shape that society has dictated is 'best', and undoubtedly contributes to body image issues amongst a number of young women.

Right, so the women that actually take care of their bodies are the ones that have to be told that doing so makes them not a real woman? Really promoting a healthy society there, I wonder why we're all overweight.
1 & 4
Original post by manchesterunited15
Right, so the women that actually take care of their bodies are the ones that have to be told that doing so makes them not a real woman? Really promoting a healthy society there, I wonder why we're all overweight.

I'm sorry, but that reply makes no sense in the context of my post.

Society, broadly speaking, celebrates body type #1. This poll, broadly speaking, celebrates body type #1. I therefore find the defensive posture sometimes adopted by those with #1 body types, objecting to the "real women have curves" type comments, worth noting.

I think it is also worth noting how intolerant some are to body types that do not measure up to theirs, and societies, idea of perfection.
Just because 1 has fake boobs it does not make her curvy.
She's too skinny imo.
Original post by imconfused
I think 1 has fake boobs. It's pretty rare a girl being that skinny and having nice big breast, I mean at the end of the day those 2 balls are stuffed with fat...

Wait till that comment comes "need to see dat ass first for a full rating"

Oh shut up plenty of skinny girls have big boobs

Society, broadly speaking, celebrates body type #1. This poll, broadly speaking, celebrates body type #1. I therefore find the defensive posture sometimes adopted by those with #1 body types, objecting to the "real women have curves" type comments, worth noting.

I think it is also worth noting how intolerant some are to body types that do not measure up to theirs, and societies, idea of perfection.

Of course it makes sense in the context of your post. You said

I really don't think that #1 body types need to be too distressed at the "real women have curves" comments

which is ridiculous. Just because someone has what is considered a better body, they're expected to just take the comments about how they're not a woman? And as the women that receive the comments are generally the ones who actually take care of their bodies, it's discouraging a healthy lifestyle, which isn't going to help with the obesity problem we have is it.

Too many people are obese. It's unhealthy and disgusting, and the whole "real woman" thing makes it worse.
Depends what for. I hate the fact I'm male equivalent to 6 or 7 lol

I don't appreciate being told I'm a "fake woman" because I'm tall and skinny. Being tall and skinny doesn't mean you look like a model or are immune to negative hurtful feelings that come from having your body type mocked.

The last part I agree with. Couldn't care less if someone likes BBWs or very skinny girls, I don't understand why some people get annoyed when people like something different
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Oh shut up plenty of skinny girls have big boobs

Wow. Much politeness. So manners.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Wow. Much politeness. So manners.

I don't appreciate body snark. Insinuating all thin women with big boobs have fake ones is rude and offensive.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I don't appreciate body snark. Insinuating all thin women with big boobs have fake ones is rude and offensive.

He said it's rare, not impossible, so he didn't insinuate that.

Quick Reply

Latest