The Student Room Group

How to post animated gif's

So I've tried to post animated gif's using the tags, but when I try to post them via a link I nearly always find it says 'remote file too large' even when I'm copying a gif someone's already posted? When I find a really small gif and try to post it, under the preview it doesn't show it animated anymore, just a still image..? This same thing happens when I save a gif then upload it..
Original post by marcus2001
So I've tried to post animated gif's using the tags, but when I try to post them via a link I nearly always find it says 'remote file too large' even when I'm copying a gif someone's already posted? When I find a really small gif and try to post it, under the preview it doesn't show it animated anymore, just a still image..? This same thing happens when I save a gif then upload it..

Can you post an example?
Reply 2
Original post by Illusionary
Can you post an example?

Ah don't worry - sorted it, I had the 'retrieve remote file and reference locally' box ticked
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kurofune

Looks like you're doing that wrong you have

[noparse][/noparse]

I believe you want this picture:

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/adc9e99ed71455d9375ac9ec14eeaf6f/tumblr_n32omkBB5s1scm9d0o1_500.gif

so that's

[noparse][/noparse]

OR do what I do, which is right click copy image and right click paste on TSR :smile:

Hence:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
x

Nice tip, use the 'noparse' tag instead of spaces or quotation marks:

[noparse][/noparse]

Quote to see how it's applied.
Original post by Kyalimers
Nice tip, use the 'noparse' tag instead of spaces or quotation marks:

[noparse][/noparse]

Quote to see how it's applied.

Oooh that's pretty good (I actually went to edit the post to see though :biggrin: )
Gotcha. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending