The Student Room Group

Do you consider UKIP good or bad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StretfordEnd
UKIP (falsely) claim it costs the UK £50mn a day to be in the EU.

I'm glad we'll get our money's worth now that we have 24 UKIP members who will definitely take their role of representing the British people seriously.

If the last parliament is anything to go by then half of them will actually work but only after defecting to the Tory MEP group.
Reply 541
Original post by thatgr
That's a bit of a generalisation, and an incredibly bigoted opinion, just like the apparent bigoted views that UKIP hold

it isn't a one policy party. and it doesn't have a racist policy. restricting immigration doesn't mean restricting a certain race.

They seem completely unclear of what their own policies arr, all they're sure about is that they don't like people from Romania lol.

Also seeing black and asian members of UKIP is the funniest oxymoron ever lol.
Reply 542
Original post by Tom78
They seem completely unclear of what their own policies arr, all they're sure about is that they don't like people from Romania lol.

What about mixed race such as myself? Half white-half asian?

I've voted for no-one but where would I stand with UKIP if I was a supporter of them?
Reply 543
Original post by Tom78

Oh dear. What a wally!

Are you normally this gullible?

Reach around to the back of your head, have a fiddle and you'll find it. When you do, flip it to 'ON'.

Bonjour!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 544
Original post by _Chris
Oh dear. What a wally!

Are you normally this gullible?

Reach around to the back of your head, have a fiddle and you'll find it. When you do, flip it to 'ON'.

Bonjour!

You sound like Farage, please give me an actual valid response to what I said.
Reply 545
Original post by Tom78
You sound like Farage...

Why thank you, sir.:smile:
Reply 546
Original post by _Chris
Why thank you, sir.:smile:

That means you're a bigoted plutocrat.
Reply 547
Original post by Yakob
What about mixed race such as myself? Half white-half asian?

I've voted for no-one but where would I stand with UKIP if I was a supporter of them?

Well you're voting for a patriotic and effectively pure blood party, so if you're happy knowing that they probably hold you in contempt then feel free to vote for them.

That said they only seem to hate those from eastern europe so all other foreigners should be ok, presuming your name isn't Boris or Vlad..
Hmm...

Original post by Rooster523
UKIP are bad because:

1) They wish to remove the UK from the jurisdiction of the EU court of human rights. You heard me, UKIP wants the UK not to have to abide by laws that protect fundamental human rights and freedoms.

2) 'No to political correctness'- basically they'd like to create a platform where racist/homophobic/islamaphobic statements are no longer frowned upon. They say PC stifles free speech, I say not having it segregates society.

3) Their entire immigration policy is based on fear and intolerance. 'Immigrants put pressure on the healthcare system'- Nope, the elderly put pressure on the healthcare system and arguably, the NHS wouldn't function without immigrants.- this is one example, there's many more but I'm not really in the mood to list every single one.

4) Their policies are based on idealisms, not realisms. They want lower taxes but more police on the streets, improved roads. Fair enough- but where's that money going to come from?

5) Their immigration policy will see an increase in homelessness and crimes committed by immigrants. 'Immigrants must financially support themselves for 5 years before receiving state help'. Example: A migrant worker works in the UK for 2 years, brings his family here, things are looking good. Company he works for gets made redundant, can no longer afford things, is not entitled to benefits or any state help. Begins stealing to provide for his family.

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head

1. Huzzah!
2. Huzzah!
3. Huzzah!
4. Huzzah!
5. Huzzah!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 549
How long have you got?

The established politicians and media have vested interests in staying in. So when you read in the media that it'll be a disaster, remember it's a biased view.

The majority of our laws are made by unelected bureaucrats - they do not have our interests at heart. This is a BIGGIE!

UKIP want to bring back our sovereignty and our nation pride. I know that's not very PC - but I'd like to see it.

Open door immigration is not a good thing for Britain. I could type for an hour on why not, if you haven't worked out why yet, do some surfing on it. But do consider this...

- Immigration is and always has been good for Britain. Uncontrolled and unrestricted immigration is likely to attract people looking for an economic advantage without bringing the skills we need. UKIP just want control of this important issue.

- It is far better for us to that we accept people with skills we want.

- It is not fair to British poor people as they are the ones who are losing out when a city the size of Manchester (independent estimate for next year) are in the same queue for the same jobs as our children; waiting for GP appointments; in the queue at A&E, looking for places at our schools, drawing social benefits etc etc.

We are experiencing a significant increase in crime from Europe. I have not researched the actual data, but I believe the second highest nationality in British prisons is Polish and others from the East are not far behind.

The EU Fishing policies have been a disaster for UK fishing communities and fish stocks. The Spanish just ignore rules. UKIP will end it!

We can't deport foreign rapists/murderers because it is a breach their EU human rights as they will miss their pet dog - actual example.

UKIP will reduce fuel bills for pensioners.

They will save £55m (yes MILLION) per day which they will spend for our benefit, eg a programme of building of social housing.

They will enter into free trade negotiations with our key trading partners across the world - which is illegal as things stand.

Are you aware of the corruption that goes on in the EU? I am not just talking about The Disgraceful Kinnocks - right across the board.

Go to their website, download their manifesto.

Listen I am not a politician, or even a politics student, I am just really angry that our right to self-determination has been given away and I want it back!

Does that make sense? Or are you going to be silly and call me a racist, which by the way I am not.
Reply 550
Original post by Tom78
That means you're a bigoted plutocrat.

How can you possibly call me a bigot, you don't even know me.

I was right, you are a wally.
Reply 551
Original post by Tom78
Well you're voting for a..... effectively pure blood party....

I think you must be a troll. No one with half a brain would say that.

Have you been watching the news? UKIP won a NATIONAL election. Yes WON, they came first...

You can't call EVERYONE who voted UKIP a bigot or a pure blood or a racist...

Have you considered that it might be YOU that's the problem?

Even Labour and Conservatives are now saying maybe they should reconsider the EU position....

Wake up!
Original post by _Chris

We can't deport foreign rapists/murderers because it is a breach their EU human rights as they will miss their pet dog - actual example.

I'd be interested to read about these EU human rights you speak of and the case about the dog. Don't suppose you could provide a link? Oh wait...
Reply 553
Original post by Tom78

That said they only seem to hate those from eastern europe....

They don't hate them you silly sod, they just say an open door is a luxury we cannot afford.

We are in a bad way because of the Labour mismanagement of the economy, we need to think about ourselves. That does not make us bad. If it were you that could not get your kid into a decent school or who had to wait 2 weeks to see a doctor then you'd understand...
Reply 554
Original post by RumpeIstiltskin
I'd be interested to read about these EU human rights you speak of and the case about the dog. Don't suppose you could provide a link? Oh wait...

I will see if I can find it for you, it was about a year ago. It might have been a cat, sorry f I got the pet wrong.... Gimme some time.

What was the "Oh wait..." bit? You think I am making this up? I agree it sounds bluddy stupid - that's why we are all so angry.
(edited 9 years ago)
i think UKIP are good because they want to stop immigration (i dont care how good people say it is) but there also bad because they so want to get rid of human rights.
Original post by heyoka
i think UKIP are good because they want to stop immigration (i dont care how good people say it is) but there also bad because they so want to get rid of human rights.

no, they want to pull out of the ECtHR because it stops us deporting foreign terrorists and other such criminals, that's different from saying they don't like "human rights".
Reply 557
Original post by RumpeIstiltskin

I think I was wrong about the dog, but I am honest enough to admit my error on that, my mind is slipping, too much GCSE revision, but here are some other examples (from The Telegraph):

A Nepalese killer, Rocky Gurung, allowed to remain here even though he was a single adult with no children, who lived with his parents.

 A Sri Lankan robber allowed to remain here because he has a girlfriend in Britain.

 An Iraqi killer who, it was ruled, should not be deported because he would be a risk to people in his homeland.

 A Bolivian man who avoided deportation partly because he had bought a pet cat. << I think this may have turned out to be an error.

I know it is a cliche, but what about the human rights of the victims of these villiains?
Original post by _Chris
I think I was wrong about the dog, but I am honest enough to admit my error on that, my mind is slipping, too much GCSE revision, but here are some other examples (from The Telegraph):

A Nepalese killer, Rocky Gurung, allowed to remain here even though he was a single adult with no children, who lived with his parents.

 A Sri Lankan robber allowed to remain here because he has a girlfriend in Britain.

 An Iraqi killer who, it was ruled, should not be deported because he would be a risk to people in his homeland.

 A Bolivian man who avoided deportation partly because he had bought a pet cat. << I think this may have turned out to be an error.

I know it is a cliche, but what about the human rights of the victims of these villiains?

There's a difference between not deporting someone because their human rights would be violated and releasing them. What difference does it make to the victim whether they are in prison or in a different country?
Original post by zippity.doodah
no, they want to pull out of the ECtHR because it stops us deporting foreign terrorists and other such criminals, that's different from saying they don't like "human rights".

oh :eek: sorry i clearly need to read up more before i post :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending