The Student Room Group

A2 English Lit: is The Canterbury Tales poetry?

I'm finding wider reading quotes for my English Lit exam a week on Friday.

I can't find any prose seduction quotes in my notes. Any suggestions? :smile:

The Canterbury Tales' would be counted as poetry though wouldn't it because it's in verse and they didn't really have prose then?
Yes, its poetry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by rocket0612
Yes, its poetry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought so, thank you!
Original post by i'mlaura
I'm finding wider reading quotes for my English Lit exam a week on Friday.

I can't find any prose seduction quotes in my notes. Any suggestions? :smile:

The Canterbury Tales' would be counted as poetry though wouldn't it because it's in verse and they didn't really have prose then?

Hi yes it is, I've only read two of them though: The knight's tale and The Millers tale. I think we both have the same exam since mine is on the following friday too, love through the ages right? Do you have any tips to writing the actual question, I feel I spend way too much time on writing and not enough on the actual writing itself!
Reply 4
Original post by Teddysmith123
Hi yes it is, I've only read two of them though: The knight's tale and The Millers tale. I think we both have the same exam since mine is on the following friday too, love through the ages right? Do you have any tips to writing the actual question, I feel I spend way too much time on writing and not enough on the actual writing itself!

I posted another thread asking for tips as well and no-one replied...

How many wider reading quotes have you got for different types of love? Apparently half of what we write should be wider reading! I got an E in my AS exam last year, so I'm really worried!!
Original post by i'mlaura
I posted another thread asking for tips as well and no-one replied...

How many wider reading quotes have you got for different types of love? Apparently half of what we write should be wider reading! I got an E in my AS exam last year, so I'm really worried!!

um I have learnt a few quotes so like one or two from each of my wider reading texts, but the split should be 30% wider reading and the rest comparing the two texts - or that's what i've been seeing in most reports...
Reply 6
Original post by Teddysmith123
um I have learnt a few quotes so like one or two from each of my wider reading texts, but the split should be 30% wider reading and the rest comparing the two texts - or that's what i've been seeing in most reports...

Oh okay thanks. I have a 20 page word document trying to find quotes for different types of love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending