The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Homosexuality vs Incest

The argument homosexuals make regarding being allowed to do what they do is that there are two mature people consenting which doesn't harm anybody.

So how about if a Mother and Son / Dad and Daughter (being of age) were to engage in sexual activity (incest) or a romantic relationship?

Shouldn't that be deemed acceptable as to the standards of many 'homosexual rights' advocates.

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: This is not a hate thread towards homosexuals but much rather a question to help clarify my understanding on why those who advocate homosexuality don't advocate other 'similar' (in the loosest sense) affections which go against modern day dominant ideologies.

Further Disclaimer: I personally don't condone any of the above.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
The argument homosexuals make regarding being allowed to do what they do is that there are two mature people consenting which doesn't harm anybody.

So how about if a Mother and Son / Dad and Daughter (being of age) were to engage in sexual activity (incest) or a romantic relationship?

Shouldn't that be deemed acceptable as to the standards of many 'homosexual rights' advocates.

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: This is not a hate thread towards homosexuals but much rather a question to help clarify my understanding on why those who advocate homosexuality don't advocate other 'similar' (in the loosest sense) affections which go against modern day dominant ideologies.

Further Disclaimer: I personally don't condone any of the above.

Incest is not a sexual orientation.
Original post by speedbird
Incest is not a sexual orientation.

But said feelings can occur, no?
Reply 3
One leads to medical issues and harm.

The other leads to nothing but outrage from people who don't like it.

Clear difference.
This is not a hate thread towards homosexuals

hahaha okm8
Original post by Drewski
One leads to medical issues and harm.

The other leads to nothing but outrage from people who don't like it.

Clear difference.

Both have health concerns.
Reply 6
The argument heterosexuals make regarding being allowed to do what they do is that there are two mature people consenting which doesn't harm anybody.

Shouldn't that be deemed acceptable as to the standards of many 'heterosexual rights' advocates.

Thoughts?

fixed?
Incest all the way bitches
Reply 8
I did a dissertation on this.
Reply 9

BS. There are no health concerns relating to homosexuality that aren't concerns in all sexual relationships.
Reply 10
parent/child relationships all but certainly going to be due to grooming or manipulation by the parent, there is simply too much imbalance in that relationship. sibling relationships are more comparable, and to be honest beyond a gut reaction I can't think of anything wrong with it beyond the increased risk of birth defects. so I guess I can't really condemn it.
But said feelings can occur, no?

Incest would be a paraphilia at best. As I said, it is not a sexual orientation. There is no demand for "incest rights" so don't try and create a straw man.

It's as if I compared the right to wear a Muslim veil in uniformed jobs to the right to wear a bright pink dildo.
Because any Parent/Child adult relationship that is likely to have began as Child abuse.

Therefore on that basis it should be illegal.

However, I don't really have a problem with Cousins or whatever getting it on. The entire problem with that are the significant medical issues that could arise and the tax payer would have to foot the bill.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
BS. There are no health concerns relating to homosexuality that aren't concerns in all sexual relationships.

Can be argued for incest. Why don't you advocate the right for incests who will use contraception.
Reply 14
Incest isn't allowed? It should be.... Not that I'll ever do such a thing... I just want us to be as sexually liberated as possible and get rid of the pre-historic and deep-rooted patriarchy
Original post by lucaf
parent/child relationships all but certainly going to be due to grooming or manipulation by the parent, there is simply too much imbalance in that relationship. sibling relationships are more comparable, and to be honest beyond a gut reaction I can't think of anything wrong with it beyond the increased risk of birth defects. so I guess I can't really condemn it.

Fair enough. Contraception is an option in that case. Good to see you aren't a hypocrite :biggrin:

Such as?
Original post by DorianGrayism
Because any Parent/Child adult relationship that is likely to have began as Child abuse.

Therefore on that basis it should be illegal.

However, I don't really have a problem with Cousins or whatever getting it on. The entire problem with that are the significant medical issues that could arise and the tax payer would have to foot the bill.

Likely? Is there any statistic that can support that claim.

Besides, likelihood doesn't equal inevitability.
Well you're right, people who want gay rights but sneer at incest are simply hypocrites (so pretty much every gay right activist). Fact is humans shouldn't be doing either of these because it's not natural. The popular argument against this is that homosexuality occurs in nature, but guess what else also occurs in nature? Animals eating their young, eating their own faeces and a whole load of other **** that doesn't (and shouldn't) apply to us. We're above animals, that's plain to see, anyone who denies it is an imbecile. If we're all sticking to this dumb logic "it occurs in nature" then we should all be grilling our turds and sticking them on naan bread along with a side helping of our children's limbs. No :facepalm2:
Likely? Is there any statistic that can support that claim.

Besides, likelihood doesn't equal inevitability.

What health concerns do you speak of?

Latest

Trending

Trending