The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Psychology- Are you finding it hard to remember everything?

So I'm in year 10 (well starting year 11 in about a week or so) and for the past year I've been taking GCSE psychology.
If you take this, you'll know the subject consists of around 10 topics (inc. Research Methods) and in each topic there is:
Key Concepts
Core Theory
Core Study
Alternative Theory and
Real-life Applications

So, is anyone else finding it hard to memorise everything for the exams?

Does anyone have any tips on memorising things?

My first exam is in 8 days, and I'm starting to panic a little!

Thank you in advance for any tips :smile:
Chloe x
Anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by ICantDoMathsFfs
Anyone?

I'm not finding it hard to remember all the information required for the exams. My memory is certainly up to scratch and I have quite a good memory.(I'm not boasting, I assure.) However, I can find it difficult to recall previous, late information at night if I've not exercised this knowledge. During the day I'm quite vigilant. What about you?

(PS: You can remember information better by exercising the key notes and putting them down in your own terminology. Additionally, study the past papers and the terminology they're searching for religiously, I dare say that's the best way to remember what's expected of you in the exams.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Magistl
I'm not finding it hard to remember all the information required for the exams. My memory is certainly up to scratch and I have quite a good memory.(I'm not boasting, I assure.) However, I can find it difficult to recall previous, late information at night if I've not exercised this knowledge. During the day I'm quite vigilant. What about you?

(PS: You can remember information better by exercising the key notes and putting them down in your own terminology. Additionally, study the past papers and the terminology they're searching for religiously, I dare say that's the best way to remember what's expected of you in the exams.)

Wow, it's pretty amazing that you can remember so much..I'd love to be able to memorise it as well as you do (And I'm sure this comes from working extremely hard and keeping at it).
Thanks for the tips. So far I've been using YouTube clips with all the key information on to make notes on each topic, and I think it's helped more than simply making notes. Past papers are a good idea too, thank you for that suggestion :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ICantDoMathsFfs
Wow, it's pretty amazing that you can remember so much..I'd love to be able to memorise it as well as you do (And I'm sure this comes from working extremely hard and keeping at it).
Thanks for the tips. So far I've been using YouTube clips with all the key information on to make notes on each topic, and I think it's helped more than simply making notes. Past papers are a good idea too, thank you for that suggestion :smile:

Absolutely. Although a partial amount of great memory is due to having an interest in almost everything (my field of fascination encompasses nearly everything imaginable, although I still fixate on Physics :colondollar:) - personal note aside, YouTube clips are brilliant for learning GCSE key tips. Have you checked out such accounts as Revisegcsehistory and Revisegcsescience? Albeit a monotone speaker, he's awfully good at what he does.

You sound like a devoted individual so do excuse this direct and (to some opinion) obvious statement if you've already deduced this: DON'T PROCRASTINATE!!! - It's so easy to think of all the fun things you could be doing but it's vital that you simply dismiss them and further the study you're doing. There's a misconception of what it takes to be a true learner. To be a true learner is not to procrastinate and junk off untill the final few days and then obtain a good grade by a mere fluke, a true learner devotes almost all their time to mastering their craft. I know it's just GCSE, but don't let this comment put you down, this attitude will help you - everywhere -.

Quick Reply

Latest