The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Congrats to all those who have been offered places at UEA for 2014 Entry! :smile: It's a great uni and a wonderful city!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1201
I was personally really put off by UEA's campus when I first went round it waaay back in 2012, but I'd spoilt myself by applying to Royal Holloway too, which was a big red-brick pretty Victorian job, so obviously when I came and saw the concrete USSR-style jungle I was left feeling a little unimpressed. But I chose the course over the appearance of the place and two years down the line I couldn't be happier. The uni has a great atmosphere and I think once you've been here long enough, you love it for what it is :smile:
Original post by Z0E.
Brilliant well done! :smile: Ahh I really don't know anymore I keep changing which one is my first choice, really pleased to have got an offer from UEA though! What about you is it your first choice?

Thanks :smile: same!! I thought if I got an offer I'd know straight away but now in confused between UEA and Southampton :')
Where else are you thinking??
Reply 1203
Original post by CourtneyGib
Thanks :smile: same!! I thought if I got an offer I'd know straight away but now in confused between UEA and Southampton :')
Where else are you thinking??

Yeah I am fighting between UEA, Southampton and Kings College! They are all so nice I just want to go to all of them!!
Hey everyone! I am looking to transfer to uea in my second year which starts in september 2014 to study modern languages with business management. Does anyone know how much each year counts towards your final grade? Do you know anyone else who has transfered and how's uea about it?
Original post by Qmuluea
Hey everyone! I am looking to transfer to uea in my second year which starts in september 2014 to study modern languages with business management. Does anyone know how much each year counts towards your final grade? Do you know anyone else who has transfered and how's uea about it?

If you haven't already you need to email them ASAP to see if they will let you- this depends on module compatibility. You also need to consider what languages you were wanting to study as it appears UEA only offer French, Spanish and Japanese with their management course.
https://www.uea.ac.uk/documents/2654296/5513487/BA+Modern+Language+with+Management+Studies+PDF.pdf/262c0e5f-98d6-4d41-8f43-32cf0d7e8b3b
Original post by Qmuluea

To add to the above, for every undergrad degree I've known only the second two years count... some are 50:50 (I believe business ones are usually this) and some are 40:60.

However, this may have changed and/or there may be some exceptions, so check for sure beforehand if your decision depends on it.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
To add to the above, for every undergrad degree I've known only the second two years count... some are 50:50 (I believe business ones are usually this) and some are 40:60.

However, this may have changed and/or there may be some exceptions, so check for sure beforehand if your decision depends on it.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

its moving to 40:60 for all of the 3 year ones from next year
Original post by al3999
Does anybody have any idea about the transport links Norwich has with Birmingham/west midlands area? There doesn't seem to be any direct train line?
Do people at uea feel isolated in general, or really far away from home, as Norwich is few hours away from most places?

Norwich to Birmingham new street is a change at Ely (on the way to Cambridge) the journey isn't that bad- I did it a few weeks ago :smile:

In all honesty, it is further away than most and more awkward to get to so journey's are a bit longer but they are bearable so you don't feel isolated- it's also single train to London and a few places up North as well as places along the coast such as Great Yarmouth. It's not as bad as people make it out to be :smile:
Original post by al3999
Does anybody have any idea about the transport links Norwich has with Birmingham/west midlands area? There doesn't seem to be any direct train line?
Do people at uea feel isolated in general, or really far away from home, as Norwich is few hours away from most places?

No direct connections but you can change at Peterborough or Ely, there are a fair few Brummies here so it hasn't put people from that region off. I've had to change a couple of times coming back from London before on sunday and it hasn't been a problem. If you think you'll be doing that a lot get a railcard, it will pay for itself after about 2 journeys! And even with the change from station to station its still less than 4 hours so still possible to pop home for a weekend.

And no I don't, although Norwich in itself is relatively isolated its not that rural and isn't missing anything you'd want. Normally I'm too busy to even think about being away from home and as I've said to others if your away from home if its only half an hour or several hours it doesn't make a difference to whether you get homesick or not, its all about how you settle in and if your having a good time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Has UEA ever been in Clearing for Economics?
Reply 1211
Original post by Mav455
Has UEA ever been in Clearing for Economics?

Yes 2012 entry afaik.
Original post by Tbx
Yes 2012 entry afaik.
Do you know how low they went in terms of grade requirements?
Reply 1213
Original post by Mav455
Do you know how low they went in terms of grade requirements?

From AAB - BBB, I think.
Can we view letures on blackboard?
Original post by OnionRing
Can we view letures on blackboard?

Depends on the lecturer.
Hey guys,
I have just registered for my course as a new first year student and everything, but after looking at my timetable (which only had one module) I started to wonder when I actually enrol for the rest of my modules. Is this after registration? Thank you!!
Original post by GeorginaHew
Hey guys,
I have just registered for my course as a new first year student and everything, but after looking at my timetable (which only had one module) I started to wonder when I actually enrol for the rest of my modules. Is this after registration? Thank you!!

the rest of the modules will appear in due course :smile:
That's a relief! And I will be able to choose my optional ones then, too? Thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by GeorginaHew
That's a relief! And I will be able to choose my optional ones then, too? Thanks so much! :smile:

I'm not sure about optional modules as I didn't have any in my first year. I think there should be some information under the information for new students page.

Sorry I can't be of more help :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending