The Student Room Group

Midwifery 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
[QUOTE="hbutler1;46295532"]
Original post by Herrington_x
I got an interview from Birmingham City literally last night. I wouldn't worry though because it depends when you sent it and they also have loads of applications to sort through!:smile: Although, I know it's difficult not to get impatient when everyone else seems to be getting somewhere!

how did your interview go at BCU? did you have to do a maths and english test?! and what type of questions did they ask?! and how long did they take to get back to you?!

hi,, I had an interview at BCU the other week for midwifery but didn't have a maths test though I did have to answer an essay paper but wasn't that hard. the questions were quite basis really in regards to why u wanted bcu and what would you bring forward. I got an offer just yesterday after 9 days. hoped this help and good luck!
[QUOTE="abstar101;46567810"]
Original post by hbutler1

hi,, I had an interview at BCU the other week for midwifery but didn't have a maths test though I did have to answer an essay paper but wasn't that hard. the questions were quite basis really in regards to why u wanted bcu and what would you bring forward. I got an offer just yesterday after 9 days. hoped this help and good luck!

Yea had mine the other week too! I just had an interview and that's all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
[QUOTE="Herrington_x;46574503"]
Original post by abstar101

Yea had mine the other week too! I just had an interview and that's all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's good then hope you hear back soon and good luck :smile:
Reply 103
Hi all Ive just been offered an interview for Midwifery at Worcester uni on the 3/4/2014 any interview experiences would be great?? Any possible questions asked or content for english and maths tests I need to prepare for?? This is my 2nd attempt at Worcester so im really excited but very anxious!!!
Reply 104
Anyone had interview at edge hill, its my only interview and the wait is hurrendous...x
Reply 105
Original post by babsxxx21
Anyone had interview at edge hill, its my only interview and the wait is hurrendous...x

Hi I got an email through just yesterday for an interview.
Reply 106
Hi tazza95, when is your interview? :smile:
Reply 107
It's on Friday 21st march 😊
Original post by baby_pink1000
I applied for hertfordshire, city, lsbu, kings and middlesex - got unconditional from hertfordshire, got my city interview on Friday and got rejected from the rest. So competitive! So happy to have got i to hertfordshire though. I don't really have loads of experience, shadowed a community midwife but other than that, nothing. Just go for it xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Interesting! I applied exactly the same uni's as yours.
I also got offer from Herts and very happy about it, although it is a conditinal offer of 30 distinctions. City uni will be my last interview next week. It will be helpful if you can give me any tips about 'written apptitude test".
Anyone get any offers from John Moores for Midwifery, I recieved an offer there in March after my interview was just looking to see if I could build up some contacts and friends before I move to liverpool as I'm from Northern Ireland ahh!!!
Hi, I'm thinking of starting a degree course in midwifery in 2014 or 2015. I'm at a crossroads in my life so any advice would be appreciated! I have a degree in graphic design, which I didn't enjoy. Since graduating I have worked in various office jobs, which I also didn't enjoy or see myself in longterm. I quit my job in marketing for a financial services company after being there for three years and constantly applying for similar roles in more exciting companies but having no luck.

I'm now trying to decide whether to do a degree in midwifery and become a midwife or whether to continue looking for marketing roles. I have recently done work experience in a hospital maternity unit and really enjoyed it but am scared to do a degree all over again and have to be careful with money and rely on my boyfriend to pay the bills for three years. I'm 28 years old so time is ticking and I want to start a family in the next five years. In my view midwifery is an exciting career but unsocial hours and marketing is a less interesting career but better hours (9am-5pm). Should I take a risk or stick with what I know?
Original post by Lilly2014
Hi, I'm thinking of starting a degree course in midwifery in 2014 or 2015. I'm at a crossroads in my life so any advice would be appreciated! I have a degree in graphic design, which I didn't enjoy. Since graduating I have worked in various office jobs, which I also didn't enjoy or see myself in longterm. I quit my job in marketing for a financial services company after being there for three years and constantly applying for similar roles in more exciting companies but having no luck.

I'm now trying to decide whether to do a degree in midwifery and become a midwife or whether to continue looking for marketing roles. I have recently done work experience in a hospital maternity unit and really enjoyed it but am scared to do a degree all over again and have to be careful with money and rely on my boyfriend to pay the bills for three years. I'm 28 years old so time is ticking and I want to start a family in the next five years. In my view midwifery is an exciting career but unsocial hours and marketing is a less interesting career but better hours (9am-5pm). Should I take a risk or stick with what I know?

Do it, you'll end up regretting not taking the chance.
I'm afraid you won't be able to start in 2014 as applications for this year closed in January.

That gives you a bit of time to figure it out as applications for 2015 start in September.

You will need for all unis to have GCSEs in maths and English at C or above and some evidence of recent study in the last 3-5 years depending on the Uni.

I would check out the entry requirements of the unis you are interested in and then plan from there.

Also 28 is not old! I start in September and I'm 40!
Reply 113
if anyone has an offer for midwifery 2014 it would be nice to hear from you all before we start :smile: im megan wakelin, probably easier to go on facebook!! xx
well done for getting your offers!
Hi everyone!
I will be applying for Midwifery for the 2015 course and my choices are: BCU, Coventry, Worcester, Wolverhampton and Keele.
I have recently got a job as a Support Worker, caring for a young girl with a brain injury. I hope this helps me with the care experience I'll need. I will be turning 18 in October so im really glad I got the job opportunity I did. I wish the best to everyone applying. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baby_pink1000
I applied for hertfordshire, city, lsbu, kings and middlesex - got unconditional from hertfordshire, got my city interview on Friday and got rejected from the rest. So competitive! So happy to have got i to hertfordshire though. I don't really have loads of experience, shadowed a community midwife but other than that, nothing. Just go for it xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg i didnt know they give out unconditional offers for midwifery courses! :eek: But yeah congrats ! Did hertfordshire have any english/maths tests? Also, i dont have A-level Biology and that's a specific requirement. Any advice? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending