The Student Room Group

Guys: could you find a girl hot, but not hot enough to date?

As in you would sleep with her if an ideal situation arose but you wouldn't date nor make her your GF. What would the difference between the two girls be?

Be as brutally honest as you like

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get with a hot girl and minus the nonsense that comes with a relationship, sound great
As a girl I'll chip in and say that of course they could. There's a difference between finding someone physically attractive and finding them physically attractive and mentally (? I mean personality-wise) attractive.

Just because someone's hot doesn't make them compatible with you. I think Orlando Bloom is beautiful but I doubt we have a lot in common besides liking his face.
Reply 3
It is the age old question of snog, marry avoid.

I think we all have met those girls that are awesome looking but have a personality with less qualities than drift wood
Reply 4
Original post by katywillis
As a girl I'll chip in and say that of course they could. There's a difference between finding someone physically attractive and finding them physically attractive and mentally (? I mean personality-wise) attractive.

Just because someone's hot doesn't make them compatible with you. I think Orlando Bloom is beautiful but I doubt we have a lot in common besides liking his face.

I'm not talking about mental attraction. I'm talking purely in terms of visual appearance.
yeah if she dresses like a slapper i dont care how hot she looks.
cannot be walking on my arm
Reply 6
Original post by zecbmo
It is the age old question of snog, marry avoid.

I think we all have met those girls that are awesome looking but have a personality with less qualities than drift wood

What do people even mean by good personalities?

And be honest, assuming you are a guy, the hotter the girl the more likely you are to over look some of her milder personality flaws, no?
Reply 7
Original post by matthewduncan
yeah if she dresses like a slapper i dont care how hot she looks.
cannot be walking on my arm

What does a slapper look like?
If a girl is hot and she's hot enough to sleep with then she's definitely hot enough to be in a relationship (looks wise).

Typically people look for more attractive people if they're just looking for a hook up, whereas relationships are about personality too so whilst looks are still important, they can be comprised somewhat for an awesome personality!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not talking about mental attraction. I'm talking purely in terms of visual appearance.

I doubt it to be honest, the only difference between an attractive woman you'd sleep with and an attractive woman you'd date is actually liking the one you want to date - an attractive woman is still an attractive woman. Having said that, I imagine there's a reason why men date cutesy girl-next-door types, but fantasise about the seductress.

But I guess the thing is that they'd probably bang both, but only date the cute (aka the one who's more than just sex on legs) one.
Original post by acciolucy
If a girl is hot and she's hot enough to sleep with then she's definitely hot enough to be in a relationship (looks wise).

Typically people look for more attractive people if they're just looking for a hook up, whereas relationships are about personality too so whilst looks are still important, they can be comprised somewhat for an awesome personality!

Are you a guy?

Guys and girls have different natural preferences when it comes to the opposite sex so I'd rather have male opinions. Thanks for your response regardless.
Reply 11
Absolutely.

The kind of girl that I normally hook up with is completely different looks wise to the kind of girls I'd consider for a relationship.

If I'm after a lay I'll just go for the most attractive girl I can find. I'm not particularly interested in her personality.

If i'm after a relationship, I'd choose an average - slightly above average girl with an awesome personality any day over some stunning girl who had the personality of a fruit pastel.

I personally think there is a difference between a "Hot girl" and a "Beautiful girl". I'd wanna bang a hot girl, but i'd rather go out with a beautiful girl.

I've noticed a couple of completely anecdotal trends from certain groups of women in my time too. (Don't flame me - just my experience)

1) Your typical "Hot" girl - seems to have a certain kind of personality.
2) Girls with big boobs - seem again to have very specific kind of personality.

I know these are far out generalisations, but I'd be surprised if there are any experienced men out there who read those 2 points and didn't understan what I'm on about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katywillis
I doubt it to be honest, the only difference between an attractive woman you'd sleep with and an attractive woman you'd date is actually liking the one you want to date - an attractive woman is still an attractive woman. Having said that, I imagine there's a reason why men date cutesy girl-next-door types, but fantasise about the seductress.

But I guess the thing is that they'd probably bang both, but only date the cute (aka the one who's more than just sex on legs) one.

Yeah but he could sleep with a fairly attractive woman but want to hold out for a hotter girl if he thinks he can do better (regardless of whether or not he can).
What does a slapper look like?

What do you think
Are you a guy?

Guys and girls have different natural preferences when it comes to the opposite sex so I'd rather have male opinions. Thanks for your response regardless.

No but I'd have the same feelings about a guy.
Reply 15
People act like hot girls don't have personalities :rolleyes: I'm sure a lot of them do. You probably just acknowledge that they're out of your league so don't want to pursue a relationship with them.
Original post by Tai Ga
People act like hot girls don't have personalities :rolleyes: I'm sure a lot of them do. You probably just acknowledge that they're out of your league so don't want to pursue a relationship with them.

Of course if anything I'd say "hot" girls are by default NOT for dating - unless of course you find one who's also got personality going for her
Original post by Xyloid
Absolutely.

The kind of girl that I normally hook up with is completely different looks wise to the kind of girls I'd consider for a relationship.

If I'm after a lay I'll just go for the most attractive girl I can find. I'm not particularly interested in her personality.

If i'm after a relationship, I'd choose an average - slightly above average girl with an awesome personality any day over some stunning girl who had the personality of a fruit pastel.

I personally think there is a difference between a "Hot girl" and a "Beautiful girl". I'd wanna bang a hot girl, but i'd rather go out with a beautiful girl.

I've noticed a couple of completely anecdotal trends from certain groups of women in my time too. (Don't flame me - just my experience)

1) Your typical "Hot" girl - seems to have a certain kind of personality.
2) Girls with big boobs - seem again to have very specific kind of personality.

I know these are far out generalisations, but I'd be surprised if there are any experienced men out there who read those 2 points and didn't understan what I'm on about.

As someone with big breasts, I would like to know exactly what you mean when you say a 'specific type of personality'- is this some kind of stereotypical view of someone with seemingly below average intellect? :frown:
Original post by Tai Ga

A personality isn't good enough, everyone has one of those, you have to be interesting. It's brutally honest, per OP, to say that hot people don't have as much incentive to become interesting in their teenage years because at that age everyone is less sophisticated and so they get boyfriends with ease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending