The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE History A2 The United States 1917-54: Boom Bust & Recovery: Uni

How you guys & gals feeling for it?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Okay-ish! There's just so much content and I'm worried I won't get through it all haha! Yourself? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by chazzaaa
Okay-ish! There's just so much content and I'm worried I won't get through it all haha! Yourself? :smile:

Feeling alright(ish). Causes controversy im fine for but there is a LOT of content for the New Deal stuff.
Reply 4
Original post by PaulKrugman
Feeling alright(ish). Causes controversy im fine for but there is a LOT of content for the New Deal stuff.

I actually feel better about the New Deal stuff! I revised loads of it, but after doing pretty much all the past questions on it I realised that you can reuse certain Acts/facts and figures over and over again. Basically, use the sources to back up what you can remember haha! xx
Reply 5
Original post by chazzaaa
I actually feel better about the New Deal stuff! I revised loads of it, but after doing pretty much all the past questions on it I realised that you can reuse certain Acts/facts and figures over and over again. Basically, use the sources to back up what you can remember haha! xx

Wanna trade some notes? Ahah
Reply 6
Bump
Reply 7
Are you revising both controversies - the New Deal and the Depression? I understand the basic causes of the depression but find it hard to apply this knowledge to question 7. I really just want to answer on the New Deal. They couldn't perhaps set two Depression questions could they? Thanks :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by bethd1995
Are you revising both controversies - the New Deal and the Depression? I understand the basic causes of the depression but find it hard to apply this knowledge to question 7. I really just want to answer on the New Deal. They couldn't perhaps set two Depression questions could they? Thanks :smile:

Typically either one or the other.
is everyone ready for this? I didnt bother revising the New Deal, just did the Depression! Any predicitons what the essay questions will be? Im hoping economic boom!!! Really hope KKK or Prohibition doesnt come up as I havent learn that!!!
Original post by Water_fall
is everyone ready for this? I didnt bother revising the New Deal, just did the Depression! Any predicitons what the essay questions will be? Im hoping economic boom!!! Really hope KKK or Prohibition doesnt come up as I havent learn that!!!

Prohibition came up last year so you're safe, I really hope it is the factors that caused the boom too
Original post by hassan_1995
Prohibition came up last year so you're safe, I really hope it is the factors that caused the boom too

I'd love a question on what caused the boom too, but it did come up the year before last :frown: I reckon we could get a general question on social/political tensions in the 1920s.
Maybe religion in 1920s?
Could someone explain the impact of the dear money policy in terms of the depression? I can't seem to wrap my head around it
Hi Guys. Oh man, so scared of this. Didn't do anything actually the whole year and now I have 4 days left or so. Pretty much got revision done of all aspects beside the historical controversy. So I am deciding to revise for the New Deal. Anyone has any good web links for good new deal sites? Do you need to remember a lot of information and statistics? New Deal controversy is always going to be on something if new deal was successful or not right??

I need 73 UMS for an A, i hope I pull this off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PaulKrugman
Wanna trade some notes? Ahah

I would trade some notes, but I have yet to do the historical controversy as online notes. But I have stuff on everything before it pretty much, would love to gain some notes on the New Deal in return if you have some. Just tell me if you are interested

yeh that would be a great essay!! If KKK comes up I will actually just sit there and cry for a bit, LOOL. Also, I skipped out opposition to Roosevelt as it has come up two years in a row, I just learnt the factors that led to Anti-communism as my teacher thinks it will come up.

Did you learn both the Depression and the New Deal for the controversy question? I skipped out the New Deal and just learnt the Depression really well, just hope the sources are good now!
Original post by faultinourstars
I'd love a question on what caused the boom too, but it did come up the year before last :frown: I reckon we could get a general question on social/political tensions in the 1920s.

but they have asked more social questions than economic boom ones since the new syllabus. Economic boom has only come up once so it is very likely to come up again. plus the question last year was social as well.

It will either be one of:

1. economic boom
2. Women
3. Rural vs Urban

Basically after the Wall Street Crash when British left the Gold Standard the Government raised interest rates to stop an outflow of Gold from the US and so money became more expensive to borrow. so less people could borrow money and people stopped spending money and purchasing all the consumer goods that were being produced as loads of the products that people used to buy e.g cars and radios was on Credit. This basically led to reduced circulation of money in the economy as people were not borrowing money from banks as it was more expensive and so banks started collapsing and as people werent buying consumer goods it led to over production etc which just made the Depression worse.

do you get it?
Original post by TheHenri
Hi Guys. Oh man, so scared of this. Didn't do anything actually the whole year and now I have 4 days left or so. Pretty much got revision done of all aspects beside the historical controversy. So I am deciding to revise for the New Deal. Anyone has any good web links for good new deal sites? Do you need to remember a lot of information and statistics? New Deal controversy is always going to be on something if new deal was successful or not right??

I need 73 UMS for an A, i hope I pull this off.

So basically you only need a C to get an A overall? Im pretty sure you can do that! loool

Quick Reply