The Student Room Group

Why are people of ethinic minorities part of UKIP?

It's so confusing!

Scroll to see replies

think they just want to make themselves look less racist.
Because British people aren't always white.

UKIP isn't particularly racist (if it's racist at all - I'm undecided if it just attracts the odd member who makes silly comments), it's xenophobic.
(edited 9 years ago)
I asked my mum this the other day when we were watching the Euro vote result thing, UKIP as a party isn't racist :smile:
Reply 4
Because UKIP as a party is not racist.
It is xenophobic (which isn't always a bad thing) but it is not racist.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why not? Like other users are saying...Ukip as a party is not racist. The people who join/vote for ukip obviously share their views. Many people of ethnic minorities cpnsider themselves British (which they are) and just like the average "white ukip voter" are concerned for their country. They might not want people from other countries coming in, they don't want their economy ruined; ethnic minorities are as British as anyone else and if they consider Britain as their home, they are obviously going to want the best for their country and therefore will vote who ever they believe can bring the change they desire/need.
Original post by misssbs18
It's so confusing!

cos if UKIP is prejudiced it isn't racist. It would be xenophobic. Foreigners and non-whites are just as capable of being tits.

Original post by No Man

Only good things have come from xenophobia huh :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
A lot of the people of Indian/Pakistani origin in the party essentially feel cheated (for want of a better word). When they/their family migrated here they had to meet quotas on education or skills (the same as people migrating to the US, Canada, Australia or NZ would) so they feel like those standards should apply to everyone migrating here, standards which the EU do not agree with.
Tbh I dont really get it either, yeah the party might not be racist, but by stopping people immigrating to the UK, they are stopping people coming and becoming good British citizens like they believe themselves to be.
Ethnic minorities who consider themselves British are only here as a result of them or their ancesters/families being allowed to come and live in the country and have citizenship. They surely shouldn't want to deny that right that they themselves have benefited from, to others.
For ****s and giggles
Original post by No Man

A phobia by definition is an irrational fear... :confused:
Being xenophobic is NOT a good thing, how is intolerance every a good thing. Stalin promoted Xenophobia in the USSR being his reign is that a good thing?
It's so confusing!

Same reason why whites are expected to embrace every other culture and be part of this one-way system called 'multiculturalism'. The only racial agenda in the UK is by the leftist multicultural lobby to replace one culture with multiple others. So let's not talk about tolerance and fairness when the left force demographic change to get rid of a certain group.
(edited 9 years ago)
Being xenophobic is NOT a good thing, how is intolerance every a good thing. Stalin promoted Xenophobia in the USSR being his reign is that a good thing?

Wanting to control who comes into our borders is NOT irrational, this isn't a fairy world where there is enough resources for everyone and everybody gets along. If we have open borders policy then more and more poor people come here some of them from backwards cultures and drag us down to their level.

Don't dare make a comparison to Stalin, UKIP doesn't advocate killing foreigners, throwing them out or even stopping them from coming altogether they are merely advocating letting less of them into out country so to try and call it Racist or irrational is simply a pathetic ploy by the ultra left wing liberals to stigmatise anyone who doesn't agree with them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol, I learned once in history, that black people where part of the KKK. It cracked me up...
Original post by Shabalala
Wanting to control who comes into our borders is NOT irrational, this isn't a fairy world where there is enough resources for everyone and everybody gets along. If we have open borders policy then more and more poor people come here some of them from backwards cultures and drag us down to their level.

Don't dare make a comparison to Stalin, UKIP doesn't advocate killing foreigners, throwing them out or even stopping them from coming altogether they are merely advocating letting less of them into out country so don't you dare try calling UKIP racist.

Some people just want to have their way with the UK entirely. So when human dignity and backbone is shown, certain people dislike it. Kind of like a bully- He wants to interfere with others against their wishes and tell them how to be, then gets angry when people throw the stone back. Yet if we go to Pakistan or Africa, we see no Multiculturalism at all, and they'd call any multiculturalism an invasion or 'colonialism' and everybody would support them 'kicking out the invaders'. I think British people must be the first people to ever to have to justify their right to their own land or defend themselves from such unsustainable demands by cultures which exist elsewhere.
Why not? UKIP only wants to stop future immigration, not revoke citizenship of former immigrants or their children. They're furthermore focusing on immigration from white Eastern Europe.
Reply 17
Original post by The Socktor
A phobia by definition is an irrational fear... :confused:

Do you think a native resident from the tiny island of Malta that displayed xenophobia towards their island being overrun by illegal asylum seekers from Sub-Saharan Africa by boatload had a rational fear or irrational fear? I would call it rational, but some may consider it xenophobic.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
It doesn't make sense at all.

They/their parents or whatever came through immigration to settle down to the country and now they want to deny people the same chance :rolleyes: how hypocritical.
Original post by No Man
Do you think a native resident from the tiny island of Malta that displayed xenophobia towards their island being overrun by illegal asylum seekers from Sub-Saharan Africa by boatload had a rational fear or irrational fear? I would call it rational, but some may consider it xenophobic.

Leaving the EU would not prevent illegal asylum seekers, as they are already currently, by definition, illegal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending