The Student Room Group

Higher Geography 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Lozb
Has anyone been given a prediction for Paper 2 Rural Land Resources?

I'm thinking the first 20 marks are going to be coasts this year because it's been glaciation and limestone for the last 3 years, then the stuff about conflicts is pretty much the same every year
So how's everyone feeling about the exam? I'm pretty nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by mglen
I'm thinking the first 20 marks are going to be coasts this year because it's been glaciation and limestone for the last 3 years, then the stuff about conflicts is pretty much the same every year

Okay thanks, I hate coastal features as well:frown: thank you! X
Original post by mynamestaken
So how's everyone feeling about the exam? I'm pretty nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's hard but try not to get too nervous. I don't get nervous now because I worried too much last year and felt really bad when doing the exam. Remember a good breakfast and water! :smile:
Original post by Sophia7860
I'm doing urban change for paper 2 :smile: There's always a shanty town question and i think it might be housing changes in inner city? but that's just my guess

Reply 125
Whats the predictions for the atmosphere question?
Original post by AmyDetta
Whats the predictions for the atmosphere question?

My teacher is predicting atmospheric circulation or oceanic circulation and the possibility they may ask physical factors of global warming
hey guys, if the question for rural land resources is coastal, does that mean we only have to describe formation of coastal features/coastal erosion or do we also have to do coastal socio-economic opportunities/conflicts?
I know how to describe coastal features but I don't know socio-economic opportunities/conflicts- I only know those for upland landscapes (yorkshire dales)
Will we get a choice between coastal/upland socio-economic opportunities and conflicts?
Reply 128
Original post by Elisey12
hey guys, if the question for rural land resources is coastal, does that mean we only have to describe formation of coastal features/coastal erosion or do we also have to do coastal socio-economic opportunities/conflicts?
I know how to describe coastal features but I don't know socio-economic opportunities/conflicts- I only know those for upland landscapes (yorkshire dales)
Will we get a choice between coastal/upland socio-economic opportunities and conflicts?

I think they usually give you a choice of either upland or coastal for the second part
Original post by mglen
I think they usually give you a choice of either upland or coastal for the second part

hmm, do you think I should bother revising the coastal socio-economic opportunities/conflicts or just stick to the dales?
wish I'd thought of this earlier than the night before haha :frown:
Reply 130
Original post by Elisey12
hmm, do you think I should bother revising the coastal socio-economic opportunities/conflicts or just stick to the dales?
wish I'd thought of this earlier than the night before haha :frown:

Might be a good idea to try and cram some of it now, it seems that they sometimes don't give you a choice and the sqa can be sneaky
Reply 131
I think the optional questions this year will be
Lithosphere or Atmosphere
And
Industry or population
Reply 132
Question predictions for Atmosphere + hydrosphere ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Original post by Kerrzy
Question predictions for Atmosphere + hydrosphere ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hydrosphere I think hydrographs or drainage basin
Original post by Mainaa
I think the optional questions this year will be
Lithosphere or Atmosphere
And
Industry or population

Ironically the only 4 I can do well :frown:
Reply 135
Good luck everyone. Pray to the geo gods that it's a good paper x
Hoping not the following:
Ocean currents