The Student Room Group

#YesAllWomen - we MUST do something about all the sexism women face!!!

My recent thread has taught me that TSR is a hotbed of misogynists. :lolwut: I think if you learnt about all the sexism women face you might change your tune.

Since the misogynistic shootings in California women have been sharing their experiences of sexism on Twitter via the hashtag #YesAllWomen. Please check it out. I've shared some images below.

We MUST do something about violence against women! :lolwut:

We MUST do something about rape culture!! :lolwut:

We MUST make men responsible for misogyny and sexism. :lolwut:

Great article from Jessica Valenti: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/28/yesallwomen-barage-sexism-elliot-rodger

Educate yourselves people and let's stop sexism!!

Scroll to see replies

:lolwut:

Pls. Stahp.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm on that weird part of TSR again.
Can you not label everything as misogynistic? You've said the word misogyny atleast 6 times in this single post. This is the type of thread that turns me away from feminism, all you've done is posted some fancy infographics from random tumblr feminist page and haven't even bothered to argue your points.

Also, about the second image, the reason why 'Rape is hilarious' comes up is because there a is a video about a male talking about his experiences of being raped and how it has been trivialized by society, kind of ironic that you would post that screenshot.

[video="youtube;Ikd0ZYQoDko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikd0ZYQoDko&feature=kp[/video]

^video in question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
For the record #YesAllWomen is just promoting sexism against men and female empowerment (cough supremacy)
Reply 5
HAHAHAHHAH :lol:
Reply 6
Well darn, it seems I am now a sexist, didn't see that one coming
Dear lord I hope this is a troll thread. Putting aside the tumblr crap, the graph at the top implies that only women are dying in Afghanistan and killed in terror attacks.

As for the Guardian article, the author is arguing that Elliot Rodger went on his killing spree because his ideas are the norm for society, and that social attitudes are to blame for the killing spree. That's akin to blaming the actions of Jack the Ripper on the misogynistic attitudes of the time.

What a joke. Feminism is redundant in the western world.
So we're misogynists for debating against feminists? Starting to sound a bit like some of your fellow feminazis.

Edit:

Are you suggesting 10% of all men are monsters and trying to justify hating them based on the actions of a minority? Nvm you clearly are a feminazi.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Are you a lesbian?
Posts like this are the reason men don't want to date feminists, not because they don't support gender equality.
Reply 11
Original post by raza don
Are you a lesbian?

[Indent]Legend.[/Indent]
I'm pretty sure presuming all men are guilty or may be guilty of harrasing you until they prove themselves innocent is the reverse of what we believe is fundamental to the justice system... I could be wrong though...

Also, not a great analogy: If 10% of M&M's are poisoned in a bowl, noone will take the chance because if it's lethal, there's a 10% chance they'll die. Women don't have a 10% chance of being killed by men everytime they step out of their door. That's pretty ludicrous. Everyone regardless of gender needs to think about safety, yes women more so on the sexual front, but 10% is blowing it WAY out of proportion.
I used to think I was a huge feminist. I've now decided I'm a feminist in third world countries and a humanist in first world, westernised countries. Reason being that due to certain cultural and religious practices women are treated unfairly and because of their lack of education in third world countries, thus empowerment, this treatment is allowed to continue. In the UK, although rape and sexual abuse is still prevalent, racism, homophobia etc. is still also prevalent (not saying that these don't exist in third world countries) but living in this country means we have access to education and awareness, we have control over our own empowerment. Too many males have posted in this thread to say that they believe in equality of the sexes. It's not the people we need to hate, it's the attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
It seems the misogynists are crawling all over TSR like rats, infesting every decent thread. :eek:

Something MUST be done!

Please don't post in my thread if you are a misogynist!!
Original post by Feminism
It seems the misogynists are crawling all over TSR like rats, infesting every decent thread. :eek:

Something MUST be done!

Please don't post in my thread if you are a misogynist!!

Shut up.

Nobody cares.
Original post by forsparta
Shut up.

Nobody cares.

If that actually works and they shut up I will sacrifice my firstborn in your honour.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
If that actually works and they shut up I will sacrifice my firstborn in your honour.

The results look promising.

Not sure if I should be honoured or a little creeped out, I'll take it either way
I'm an egalitarian and absolutely believe in the equal treatment and awarding of equal opportunities to both men and women (and any and every group in society), but I would never identify with the radical and backward movement that is modern feminism. The movement that is more concerned with banning lads-mags (which the models do of their own free will; modern feminism would have that prevented?!) than preventing the serious lack of human rights women in third world countries face.
#YesAllPeople

Quick Reply

Latest