The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

I no longer work at BK, recently accepted a job offer to work at Costa Coffee!

£6.40/hr.
Was on £5.80 but due to my age and the minimum wage I'm now on £6.31 :biggrin: and I work at Sports Direct :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Full Time BALLER
I work all day every day, hustlin the streets.
I wont tell you exactly how much money I earn, but I have enough that I have so many clothes I keep some at my aunts house
£70 per hour, 10 hours a week. Tutoring.
Post office
£17 per hour
Retail Bar Staff and Hospitality (ie: bartender and waiter) at Twickenham Stadium.

£7.10 per hour. Zero hours casual contract so not really everyday work. Sadly there isnt a rugby game each week :frown: but where there are non Matchday events like conferences etc can go there and do a hospitality shift or two :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rickfloss
self employed, about £30-£50 per hour 8-15 hours a week

Interesting.. :colondollar: take advantage of the digital age that we live in today. Seems like many of us need to be in.
Reply 387
Work at staples for one day a week (8 hours), paid £6.31 per hour, so about £50ish a week
I work at Dixons Retail (Currys Pc World)
My job role is Business Advisor and im 16.
Hourly Rate is 8.71 per hour and 80p location allowance.
Sun & Bank Holidays - £15per hour
Boxing Day £20 per hour
Original post by Dave Nixons
I work at Dixons Retail (Currys Pc World)
My job role is Business Advisor and im 16.
Hourly Rate is 8.71 per hour and 80p location allowance.
Sun & Bank Holidays - £15per hour
Boxing Day £20 per hour

Dude that's awesome, how did you get a job at 16, i'm trying too but it's tough, did you just go in with a CV or try pointless websites, thanks
I work at wilkos!
I am a part time customer service assistant.
I am 18 and earn £6.49 p/h
Time and a half on Sundays
And double time on bank holidays :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by snikutsmullac
I no longer work at BK, recently accepted a job offer to work at Costa Coffee!

£6.40/hr.

Hey! I need your help, if you can give me. I'm looking to apply for Costa Coffee, could you tell me the process of how you got your job. Thanks mate! :biggrin:Btw I'm 16, so what will I need to do.
self employed, typically £40/hour part time obvs
Original post by Aminoor123
Hey! I need your help, if you can give me. I'm looking to apply for Costa Coffee, could you tell me the process of how you got your job. Thanks mate! :biggrin:Btw I'm 16, so what will I need to do.

Hi mate,

A new store was opening in my town. I had to send a CV and cover letter to the area manager. I got invited to an interview, and then got offered the job. That's it!

Don't worry about being sixteen. There a five sixteen/seventeen year olds at my store. Call your local store, ask if they have any vacancies - if they do, take your CV in. If they don't, ask if you can hand a CV in anyway for them to keep on file. When you go in, ask to talk to the manager so you can be sure the person who makes the decision can see your CV!

:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
WAITROSE, £6.59 an hour:-)
Sundays (£10)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I worked at m&s. Introductory wage was £7.14 after a rise I got £7.70 :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Original post by dramaqueenx
I worked at m&s. Introductory wage was £7.14 after a rise I got £7.70 :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to work at Markies - totally loved it! More for the banter with the staff than the actual job..but the managers were pretty cool and understanding with time off for exams, etc!
Original post by odkfn
I used to work at Markies - totally loved it! More for the banter with the staff than the actual job..but the managers were pretty cool and understanding with time off for exams, etc!

It was fab! Miss them so much :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I work part time as a lifeguard and that's £7.50 an hour - not bad for sitting in a chair! I also do some swim assisting and that's £9 an hour
Original post by Dekota-XS
Employer: sony
Hours: 45 including saturdays
Wages: £12.30ph

just wondering where do you work ?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending