The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If this has been discussed/posted before then I apologise in advance :smile:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9327658/transfer-news-bacary-sagna-tells-arsenal-he-is-leaving

Officially confirmed then I guess,

Goodbye and Good luck Sagna.
I was kinda hoping he'd leave. I want Aurier and Jenko us battle it out for RB. I have a feeling Jenks will make RB his own.
Original post by little_tom
Giroud is nothing more than a flat track bully. In the big games he loses his intelligence, his link up play becomes poor and his finishing is almost non-existent. He is not a big game player.

the funny thing is, i think i can remember coming quite close to scoring vs chelsea on many occasions -- chances he honestly should of put away
Original post by sevchenko
People keep on saying We need a world class striker without mentioning names, that because there are no world class strikers available. Arsenal need to build their striker force up over time.

Right now Giroud with two year Prem experience is better than a transfer for Mandzu or Brenzema.

Look, there were many instances where Giroud simply wasn't good enough this season. His lack of off the ball runs cost us especially when games are tight.

He's a good striker but we need to add to him with a better striker. We can't be going with him alone again. Don't let the Norway game fool you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27606171

Good comments from Wenger. :yes: Sad all the same for all those gay footballers out there because apparently it's a massive issue. Sad that the media would need to make this a big issue and that there are fans with iqs of less than 10 who would give abuse.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qwerty_mad
Look, there were many instances where Giroud simply wasn't good enough this season. His lack of off the ball runs cost us especially when games are tight.

He's a good striker but we need to add to him with a better striker. We can't be going with him alone again. Don't let the Norway game fool you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how can you make off the ball runs when you have no pace?
Original post by Basiji
how can you make off the ball runs when you have no pace?

Oh, I must have forgotten about that. His link up play is top drawer but we need more than that. A lot more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27606171

Good comments from Wenger. :yes: Sad all the same for all those gay footballers out there because apparently it's a massive issue. Sad that the media would need to make this a big issue and that there are fans with iqs of less than 10 who would give abuse.

I'm not sure if there actually are that many gay footballers tbh, and I have always found the assumptions that there are dozens in the PL to be quite strange. Certainly the gay people I went to school were disproportionately uninterested in playing sports that's for sure. Probably 1/2 gay men are 'camp' and so is it odd that few become professional sportsmen?

And as far as I can see, gay footballers receive nothing but mass support from fans, journalists and team-mates so I'm not sure what more can be done really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
the funny thing is, i think i can remember coming quite close to scoring vs chelsea on many occasions -- chances he honestly should of put away

Swear down he misses a sitter every single game against us.

:rofl:
John Cross reporting that Eto'o wants to join Arsenal to "prove Jose Mourinho wrong" :rofl:
Original post by little_tom
John Cross reporting that Eto'o wants to join Arsenal to "prove Jose Mourinho wrong" :rofl:

Take him lol.
Original post by jam278

Take him lol.

I doubt we would match his wages and I don't trust John Cross one bit either
Breaking News on SSN:

"Swansea City sign Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski on a four year deal"

I'd rather he'd gone abroad but it's alright, I'll miss him. He was a very decent backup. :frown: obviously wish him all the best at Swansea :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Beat me to it LP :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speaking of GKs, we've been linked with Marshall from Cardiff. Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat, but not for the £15m Cardiff are believed to want, **** that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
15m for a back up? Ffs never

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
15m for a back up? Ffs never

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly.

If you look at Chelsea, United, City & Liverpool, they didn't spend crazy money for their 2nd choice keepers. I won't be surprised if Martinez will we 2nd choice next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Breaking News on SSN:

"Swansea City sign Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski on a four year deal"

I'd rather he'd gone abroad but it's alright, I'll miss him. He was a very decent backup. :frown: obviously wish him all the best at Swansea :smile:

I can only assume he's going there to be number one, I doubt he's going from one bench to the other. So what does that mean for Vorm? He did have quite a few injury issues this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
I can only assume he's going there to be number one, I doubt he's going from one bench to the other. So what does that mean for Vorm? He did have quite a few injury issues this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're up early :tongue:

Well yeah obviously, I doubt he'd go from one bench to another especially as we would have probably be paying him more? I'm quite surprised he's gone to Swansea actually, I though Michel Vorm was a solid goalkeeper for them. Only other reason I can imagine is that the Vorm going to Liverpool rumours are looking more likely? Which again leaves me with confusion because they just signed Mignolet who is also quite good.
Original post by AR_95
Beat me to it LP :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Commiserations!

Latest