The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Speaking of GKs, we've been linked with Marshall from Cardiff. Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat, but not for the £15m Cardiff are believed to want, **** that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't forget about the already forgotten Emiliano Viviano!... But he's on loan isn't he? So he will be going back I guess.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Don't forget about the already forgotten Emiliano Viviano!... But he's on loan isn't he? So he will be going back I guess.

Lol I keep forgetting he's here, the ultimate foreign exchange student!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
I'm not sure if there actually are that many gay footballers tbh, and I have always found the assumptions that there are dozens in the PL to be quite strange. Certainly the gay people I went to school were disproportionately uninterested in playing sports that's for sure. Probably 1/2 gay men are 'camp' and so is it odd that few become professional sportsmen?

And as far as I can see, gay footballers receive nothing but mass support from fans, journalists and team-mates so I'm not sure what more can be done really.

Know it was a long time ago but the last time a high profile one came out, he killed himself, about 20 years ago.

I don't see a rational reason why there wouldn't be a fair few tbh. Being gay is not particularly common % wise, but you would expect to be a fair few at least as there are hundreds of PL footballers. I get what you mean, that it's the same in my old school, everyone who was gay wasn't interested in team sports really. But that doesn't mean people have to be camp or obvious to be gay. Those people have more reason to hide it to show their "machoness". But it shouldn't be an issue anyway, so it's a shame that it is one. Wenger is a good guy though, have a lot of respect for him, not the bad guy some people oddly make him out to be.

In other news i see people have said it, but Fabianski to Swansea :yep: Happy with that. Good keeper. Means Vorm must be out the door though, not that i mind much tbh.
don vito and agent fabi now at PL clubs. the former doin a job on utd in the C1 this year, hopefully we can expect the same from fab next season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27605427

"Arsene Wenger refused to rush Jack Wilshere back from injury because he wanted to ensure the midfielder was fit for England's World Cup campaign.

Wilshere says Wenger, who has been critical of aspects of international football in the past, was prepared to sacrifice short term impact at Arsenal to boost the national team."

For the all the hate Wenger gets about his position on international vs club football, he has done well with this one. Just need Wilshere to pay him back, have a good world cup and be a key player for England.
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol I keep forgetting he's here, the ultimate foreign exchange student!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't make a single but he still got a medal. He's on a gap year tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
honestly think jenko can do a job and wouldn't be the worst thing if we got someone like Chambers in to act as some competition/backup. Obvs if we can get Aurier on the dirt cheap it can only be good but I agree with him in that if he gets game time he can fill Sagnas boots.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lets say Eto actually came to Arsenal. How would you lot react and take it lol
Original post by AR_95

Badly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can imagine :lol:
Original post by AR_95

I would not be happy, I'll be quite pissed off tbh. I thought we were going to use this FA Cup as a push and go on from there. I'd hate if we revert to these old ways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No excuse for signing Eto'o at all, we're trying to push on for the title here, not picking up cast offs from title rivals.

There is a shortage of strikers around, but we can a lot better than this.
Bacary Sagna: "It is no longer a secret, I am leaving Arsenal, it is certain."

He must be happy benchwarming for 120k a week
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/29/robin-van-persie-kid-one-wish-football?CMP=twt_gu

I see Robin has got another one of his Dutch journalist friends to write a glowing article on him...smh

At least he's honest enough to admit that his career was saved by Wenger...
We can probably save a bundle from Fabianski's wages tbh, was on 50k and we can no doubt find a young back up keeper on 20k who can provide cover.

So with Bendtner's 52k and Sagna's 60k coming off as well, we've shaved 160k from the wage bill which is decent considering. Should be enough to pay the replacement GK/RB and a new striker without increasing the wage bill at all. Happy days
Just joined the forum, fan of The Arsenal since forever.

Subscribed!
Original post by Gündoğan

Subscribed!

dis u mate?

welcome staines lad

Original post by Gündoğan

Subscribed!

Fan of Arsenal

Name your self a BVB player? :P
Original post by little_tom
welcome staines lad

booyaka boyaka

Latest