The Student Room Group

AQA A2 HISTORY: The Triumph of Elizabeth, 1547-1603 Offical Thread. 2nd June 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Puritan is general term for Conformists, Presbyterians and Separatists. :smile:
can someone please write a little paragraph suggesting that factional rivalry existed between Leicester and Cecil at the start of Mary's reign, and, with examples, please explain WHY this threatened her position?
I'm really struggling here on understanding this.
Hey everyone,

What do we think will come up in this exam or what should i focus my attention on?

Thanks in advance.

G.
Would it be okay for someone to see if I have structured this essay right? I'm not sure if it is okay, and I don't know if the question is legit, my teacher just said she took some questions of the old spec and reworded them to match the new one.
Avoiding any question on France! A question of MQoS would be amazing! I'm hoping there will be a nice mid-tudor question! 1590s question would be nice too! Or on the rebellions.. I could go on really! Just not France please! :frown::frown:
Original post by bazinga123!
Avoiding any question on France! A question of MQoS would be amazing! I'm hoping there will be a nice mid-tudor question! 1590s question would be nice too! Or on the rebellions.. I could go on really! Just not France please! :frown::frown:

I really hope there is a mid Tudor question, that is my strongest point and maybe one on her ministers or her gender. I'd love one on gender!
Original post by FringeGal
I really hope there is a mid Tudor question, that is my strongest point and maybe one on her ministers or her gender. I'd love one on gender!

Mid-Tudor is my strongest too! Oh god gender?! I would hate that haha!
Original post by bazinga123!
Mid-Tudor is my strongest too! Oh god gender?! I would hate that haha!

I am just finishing up revision on Mary's reign and I feel really confident (especially with Edward too). I don't know what I'm going to do with Elizabeth though. Hopefully I'll do good on my coursework so I can save myself - my teacher didn't give a grade though! >.>
Just found a handout on the synoptic question:

"The synoptic question covers a greater time period, at least 3 of the 4 sub-periods of the specification, but the actual essay titles will always be on mainstream themes:

Religion
Government
Parliment
Foreign Policy

Note that synoptic questions about parliament and foreign policy cannot cover the period 1547 to 1588 because these two areas do not appear explicitly for the reigns of Edward VI and Mary I"
Looks like I am spamming but I'm really not >.>

If you go to getrevising.com and search for a user named Rachel Jones she has really well written notes summarising the AQA chapters on the Triumph of Elizabeth!

If you go to getrevising.com and search for a user named Rachel Jones she has really well written notes summarising the AQA chapters on the Triumph of Elizabeth!

She went to my school!
So if we had a question on France for Foreign Policy, how would you answer a question on it?!
Reply 172
If we got government, would it be parliament and privy council etc? What else....
I'm so worried about this exam. Does anyone have any ideas about what will come up? Or the best way to revise?
Original post by iheartdjokovic
She went to my school!

Seriously?! What grade did she get?
Original post by csmith95
My teacher seems to thing foreign policy in relation to France is a strong contender, as it's never come up and there's so much to talk about.
She also said religion is a possibility, more spefically MQS - which would be ideal as this allows you to talk about internal problems, foreign policy with France and Scotland and MQS herself. Really hoping government doesn't come up, it's so dull compared to everything else.
Also, I trust her judgement as she successfully predicted both my AS exams for Russia :smile:

you say there is a lot to talk about with france, what would you bring up?
Seriously?! What grade did she get?

I don't know, but she's at Oxford now so it must be A or A*!
Original post by iheartdjokovic
I don't know, but she's at Oxford now so it must be A or A*!

God damn I wish I knew this earlier, I'd stalk her and ask for revision tips and notes :colone:

Hahaha I discovered her way back at the start of the year and printed every single one of her notes as soon as I got the chance hahaha naturally I'm sure we'd all change some of it but for a base set of notes they are amazing! Highly recommend her notes!
Reply 179
Original post by Greekgeekable
Sorry, I still can not get into the gmail account.
Thank you.

i did the same thing- drop box is a different thing, google dropbox and you should get the right service proivder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending