The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

I'm 76.6kg last weigh in. I wanted to get down to 74kg but no point with Ramadan at the end of June. Anyway , hope you lose some strength as you drop down so I can overtake your bench 😝

Sent from my HTC One
Original post by silent ninja
I'm 76.6kg last weigh in. I wanted to get down to 74kg but no point with Ramadan at the end of June. Anyway , hope you lose some strength as you drop down so I can overtake your bench 😝

Sent from my HTC One

Haha I'll take that as a compliment :tongue:

Idk whether I have 6kg of fat to lose tbh, I'm hovering just above where I'll have a visible 6 pack, cold. Once I get that, I cba losing much more as I have no interest in aesthetics beyond being well within the healthy 10-20% bf%.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Haha I'll take that as a compliment :tongue:

Idk whether I have 6kg of fat to lose tbh, I'm hovering just above where I'll have a visible 6
pack, cold. Once I get that, I cba losing much more as I have no interest in aesthetics beyond being well within the healthy 10-20% bf%.

When did this happen? :O Doesn't look like it from the pics from a week ago!
Original post by In One Ear
When did this happen? :O Doesn't look like it from the pics from a week ago!

Idk, if I tense even slightly I can see the beginnings of the linea alba bit with some of the transverse lines of the rectus abdomonis (vet school ****er)... when I say a 6 pack, I don't mean a sub 10% six pack lol :tongue: Just the mild outline of my abz... however they're still small due to the inability to train them though.

Will get a decent lighting pic at some stage, rather than in gloomy surroundings which kill dat definition
Idk, if I tense even slightly I can see the beginnings of the linea alba bit with some of the transverse lines of the rectus abdomonis (vet school ****er)... when I say a 6 pack, I don't mean a sub 10% six pack lol :tongue: Just the mild outline of my abz... however they're still small due to the inability to train them though.

Will get a decent lighting pic at some stage, rather than in gloomy surroundings which kill dat definition

Oh okay lol :tongue:. TBH I don't think I even have 6 clear abs...upper two are kinda mashed under my ribcage which kinda sucks. These are the pics I posted in my thread at just under 12% from the end of my last cut-

WTF NVM- apparently TSR now has a pathetic limit of 0.5MB per image so I can't upload them...
Oh okay lol :tongue:. TBH I don't think I even have 6 clear abs...upper two are kinda mashed under my ribcage which kinda sucks. These are the pics I posted in my thread at just under 12% from the end of my last cut-

WTF NVM- apparently TSR now has a pathetic limit of 0.5MB per image so I can't upload them...

I'll have a look :smile:

This is an interesting read for anyone who denies that roids aren't common place in competitive sport....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/10458454/IOC-to-act-after-new-testing-methods-reveal-hundreds-of-positive-results.html?

This is an interesting read for anyone who denies that roids aren't common place in competitive sport....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/10458454/IOC-to-act-after-new-testing-methods-reveal-hundreds-of-positive-results.html?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2186359&page=15 A few posts down...

As you can see I only have 4 and theres no way I'm gonna get another 2 below...the top two are kinda only just protruding from under my ribcage.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2186359&page=15 A few posts down...

As you can see I only have 4 and theres no way I'm gonna get another 2 below...the top two are kinda only just protruding from under my ribcage.

Yeah just found them myself lol

I can't see them full size as tsr is broken for images for me... from what I can see.. another while yet before I get that far! Probs will just slow bulk/ maintain over summer.. diet control at home is near impossible even with IF due to the home cooking :gah:
Yeah just found them myself lol

I can't see them full size as tsr is broken for images for me... from what I can see.. another while yet before I get that far! Probs will just slow bulk/ maintain over summer.. diet control at home is near impossible even with IF due to the home cooking :gah:

Hehehe home cooking is good :tongue:. But on the plus side my mum has a really small appetite so often can't be bothered to cook anything (though when she does, its a feast and almost always delicious!). This means most days it will be easy to cut! :biggrin:

Also read that article, fantastic! Can't wait to hear how many have tested positive (but I bet it will be all hushed up -.- ...). Might open some peoples eyes.

You can't see them full size? They're "broken" for me too in that they won't load properly unless I try to load them once, then click in the search bar and refresh the page, then click the image again and then it loads fine.
Hehehe home cooking is good :tongue:. But on the plus side my mum has a really small appetite so often can't be bothered to cook anything (though when she does, its a feast and almost always delicious!). This means most days it will be easy to cut! :biggrin:

Also read that article, fantastic! Can't wait to hear how many have tested positive (but I bet it will be all hushed up -.- ...). Might open some peoples eyes.

You can't see them full size? They're "broken" for me too in that they won't load properly unless I try to load them once, then click in the search bar and refresh the page, then click the image again and then it loads fine.

It was 200 apparently in the end that artilce was from November... it was decided not to strip people retrospectively as so many people failed due to the backlash it would have had.

And that works! I can now check you out :wink:

No homo :tongue: .......
It was 200 apparently in the end that artilce was from November... it was decided not to strip people retrospectively as so many people failed due to the backlash it would have had.

And that works! I can now check you out :wink:

No homo :tongue: .......

Of course it was :/. So frustrating, and the lie that is high performance sport continues...
Of course it was :/. So frustrating, and the lie that is high performance sport continues...

Yep indeed

So much celltech in the world lol
Ha good article. That's for steroids, imagine how it would be for PEDs besides steroids. All those recovery drugs, energy boosters/stimulants, blood boosters and million other drugs that directly or indirectly enhance performance. Are any professional Olympic athletes natural is a better question.

Sent from my HTC One

thanks for that, I've been trying to persuade a few friends on this topic. One guy still believes Mike O Hearn is natural.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
thanks for that, I've been trying to persuade a few friends on this topic. One guy still believes Mike O Hearn is natural.

Lololol it's Mike O'Tren for a reason :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gym possibly tomorrow

Did some planks
1:10
1:20
1:30
1:10

None were too hard, not great on my back though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never really bothered training abs bcos I'm not lean enough for them to be visible (apart from in some lighting). Is it worth my time do you reckon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reps4Jesus
Never really bothered training abs bcos I'm not lean enough for them to be visible (apart from in some lighting). Is it worth my time do you reckon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm not that lean either
You deffo should train them hard and often. You need a strong as hell core for all your compound lifts, regardless of aesthetics. Ab rollouts, planks, crunches (weighted) Pavlov press, rotating cable exercise thing are all good :smile:
I struggle to train my core due to my back and it's my limiting factor in Deadlifts I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm not that lean either
You deffo should train them hard and often. You need a strong as hell core for all your compound lifts, regardless of aesthetics. Ab rollouts, planks, crunches (weighted) Pavlov press, rotating cable exercise thing are all good :smile:
I struggle to train my core due to my back and it's my limiting factor in Deadlifts I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

im going to do some core work at home tonight, but unfortunately it's always an after-thought for me and a lot of others when it really is important.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
im going to do some core work at home tonight, but unfortunately it's always an after-thought for me and a lot of others when it really is important.

Indeed, I hate doing core work as I'm very weak there... didn't do any today as my back felt dreadful after bent over rows, I'll do some planks tomorrow probably

*In best Hodgetwins impression*

BACK IN THE GYYYYYYYYYM - Pumping all KINDZ of bloooood into that muscle

Pullups
1 x 10
1 x 8
1 x 4
I've never been so pumped in my life from these, back, forearms and biceps all with horse veins going down them.. dehydrated... so chugged my water bottle and moved on

OHP
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
50kg 1 x 4
55kg 1 x 4
57.5kg 1 x 5
1 x 3
1 x 5
SO GODDAMN CLOSE
50kg 1 x 4
40kg 1 x 4

Using a very thin in diameter bar.... not like a light bar, it was heavier than a standard thickness one... very weird.. felt very heavy. Made holding the bar tricky, angered my wrists doing it as I really struggled to keep them upright.

Bent over row - same bar.. again being so narrow and feeling heavier than a standard bar... made life difficult
60kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 4
75kg 1 x 5
2 x 4
Hmmm, disappointing

Single leg hamstring curl.. decided to use this machine
Level 3 3 x 8
Very easy, didn't want to anger knee

Hack squat machine
0 weight
3 x 5
Just getting the knee used to it again... probs another fortnight + before I can actually do something with it :frown:

CGBP Pause 1 2 count
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 5
80kg 1 x 5
82.5kg 2 x 5
1 x 3 Again using a thin bar, angered wrists as I struggled to keep them upright, improved as I focused on it more
80kg 1 x 3
70kg 1 x 5
Normal bench 3 sec pause
60kg 1 x 5

Was working in with a guy with truly abysmal form, arse 6 foot in the hair and damn I felt bad for his forearm - shoulder position

Back felt dreadful after bent over rows, but loosened up slowly as I went around
T bar row machine
40kg 1 x 8 Very easy
60kg 1 x 7
1 x 6
1 x 8 PB

3 plates on it made me feel like a boss
Apparently that's 5kg PB on last time I used the machine at Easter

Blaha lateral raises 7.5kg DBs
3 x 10

Curl drop set from 17.5kg to 10kgs
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply