The Student Room Group

illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
Er.. I'm 82kg.. I've done working sets of +25 or something.. so thats 107kg

Bit closer I guess.. :tongue: Still... get dat upper body up to scratch :tongue:

Whats your bicep to tricep ratio.. aesthetically it "should" be 1:2?

Mines about 1:2.5/3

You do realise that 2.5/3 <<than 2 right? :P Also 2/3<2 and 5/3<2 so I'm not sure what you were going for... :tongue:
Original post by In One Ear
You do realise that 2.5/3 <<than 2 right? :P Also 2/3<2 and 5/3<2 so I'm not sure what you were going for... :tongue:

I meant between 2.5 and 3

Not 2.5 divided by 3 lol

I mighten do maths.. but I have my A level in it!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
Er.. I'm 82kg.. I've done working sets of +25 or something.. so thats 107kg

Bit closer I guess.. :tongue: Still... get dat upper body up to scratch :tongue:

Whats your bicep to tricep ratio.. aesthetically it "should" be 1:2?

Mines about 1:2.5/3

how do you even measure that? plus given my upper/lower strength ratios I think I qualify as more of an anti-bro :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

too much maths has made you lose track of what real people mean! I thought it was obvious he meant 2.5-3ish sort of thing :tongue:
Original post by illusionz
too much maths has made you lose track of what real people mean! I thought it was obvious he meant 2.5-3ish sort of thing :tongue:

This is probably true :/. Sitting in my room for 8+hours a day bricking myself over upcoming exams lol.

Was in a car the other day and I genuinely read an 'n' in the middle of the radio display as the union symbol :s! :tongue:
how do you even measure that? plus given my upper/lower strength ratios I think I qualify as more of an anti-bro :tongue:

Tense in the mirror and use some guestimations. Dat science

I know this goes against every instinct in your chemist brain :tongue:
This is probably true :/. Sitting in my room for 8+hours a day bricking myself over upcoming exams lol.

Was in a car the other day and I genuinely read an 'n' in the middle of the radio display as the union symbol :s! :tongue:

You got finals? I hated revising in my room, always went to the college library so could focus better.
You got finals? I hated revising in my room, always went to the college library so could focus better.

Nah I'm only a second year but I still have 7 exams upcoming in the next 2.5 weeks :s-smilie:!
Nah I'm only a second year but I still have 7 exams upcoming in the next 2.5 weeks :s-smilie:!

ah you'll be fine then! They barely count!

Let's just forget maths is ****ing difficult.
ah you'll be fine then! They barely count!

Let's just forget maths is ****ing difficult.

30% is an odd definition of barely lol :tongue:.
30% is an odd definition of barely lol :tongue:.

:biggrin:

for me it was only the 3rd year which counted (well the 4th year was 24% 3rd year), but 1st/2nd year were irrelevant. Thankfully as I got 2:2 in both of them :biggrin:
second year worth 50% crew
I don't really go heavy on dips. I've done +40 ages ago - maybe 8-10 months ago , but when I do dips now it's just a few quick sets bw or maybe 10kg, sometimes plyo style. I'm spent by the time I get round to them.

Sent from my HTC One
(edited 9 years ago)
In on thread. Nice deadlift.

Also, on the % of years. I hate that first year is worth nothing. I got 80+% and it does nothing...
Original post by Motorbiker
In on thread. Nice deadlift.

Also, on the % of years. I hate that first year is worth nothing. I got 80+% and it does nothing...

Is this your first time posting here?
Original post by tehforum
Is this your first time posting here?

Yea, I have the regular logs i follow and then when i see someone around a lot i go follow theirs as well. You need to show up on my radar before i come see your log.

And othertimes i just forget. Especially when people switch blogs. I don't notice for months...
Must be international bro day (or are saturdays always like that? don't usually go on sat). Couldn't get on the barbell at all. There were 3 guys deadlifting 70-100kg with the worst form I've ever seen (and strapping up for it too!!!!)

DB bench press
30kgs 5x6. PB Outgrowing the DBs now. Need to get back into BB bench.

DB split squats
30kgs 3x8

DB single arm rows. 30kg 5x8 each arm. Very little back tilting too. Felt more like cardio. Srs. Can't believe I see huge guys doing 1 arm rows with like 26s at my gym.

Dips +8kg 8, 8, 7

14kg incline curls 3x8

Tried some of those seated behind head DB tricep extension. 24, 26 and 28kgs x8. Short rests. Just as a comparison to before I started ICF when I used to do these all time time, could do 22s at most back then (early Jan). Nice to see I'm stronger :biggrin:

Won't be going saturday afternoon any time soon, I need my barbell!
I did those seated db extensions ones today too, 37.5kgx12. I can do 42.5kg for 8. come at my arm gains bro. Love this exercise

Sent from my HTC One
Original post by silent ninja
I did those seated db extensions ones today too, 37.5kgx12. I can do 42.5kg for 8. come at my arm gains bro. Love this exercise

Sent from my HTC One

Coming at you, bouncing off, falling over and knocking myself out on the pavement.

In my defence I could deffo do more - this was after weighted dips and lots of bench. Not that my arms are anything close to yours though lol
Coming at you, bouncing off, falling over and knocking myself out on the pavement.

In my defence I could deffo do more - this was after weighted dips and lots of bench. Not that my arms are anything close to yours though lol

I'm only messing :wink: But this is actually my favourite exercise in the gym. I do it after heavy bench too. The stretch is so nice and pump is insane

Sent from my HTC One

Quick Reply

Latest