The Student Room Group

How to revise?

For any MFL, what's the best way to revise for a writing/reading/listening exam? Particularly with topics for essay writing, not actually writing them though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by tpuk13
For any MFL, what's the best way to revise for a writing/reading/listening exam? Particularly with topics for essay writing, not actually writing them though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vocab is what I tend to revise mostly - topic specific vocab :smile: Helps for all the sections. Also some grammar exercises too, and (if it's German at least) making sure you know your endings/cases :tongue:
I wrote down English phrases on the front of a card then the French phrase on the back and tried to test myself. I played slam with my friends. Create a grid and write down all the phrases you keep forgetting in that language in each square and then get someone to say the English phrase, and you have to tap the correct one in the different language. Quite fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I listed specific phrases that I had trouble remembering and tried to use them in sentences .. over and over again.
Reply 4
for a writing exam, i wrote my paragraphs over 2 or 3 times, and then tried to rewrite without looking back. if you're doing AQA you should be allowed a 40 word sheet to take in, i'd write down the most important words, such as the beginning of a sentence, or words that could help you remember the rest of the sentence.

for a listening, its difficult to know what to revise, but the best is to listen to past paper audios, and get yourself familiar with the voices and try to depict what the people are saying and you can find the audios on your exam boards website. Also learn alot of vocabulary, its really important to know as much as you can.

for reading, its the same as listening, just look at past papers, and do as much as you can, i did this in the weeks before my french exam, and it really did help! past papers are the best way to revise from, because you can get a good sense of topics that might appear, e.g. if you do AQA, they constantly talk about environment, relationships, jobs and school, so my teacher had us look at a bunch of phrases and past paper questions on those :smile:
Original post by tpuk13

Posted from TSR Mobile

From a book

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending