Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What the title says. I met this amazing girl, we like each other, and been on a few dates. She leaves the country forever in two weeks.
We stopped dating since she was leaving, but we've remained friends and really, really get on.

She told me a few days ago, that leaving me is going to be really hard for her, and that she didn't want to go.

It's getting worse and worse this feeling. I just feel so down. When I'm busy, I'm ok. But when I'm on my own or have space to think...I just think and think. I'm going to bed late as I stay up thinking about it all. It's got to the point where the emotion actually feels like it's hurting.

She's so beautiful, intelligent, funny, cool, great company, friendly, helpful...and I can't believe that in two weeks she will effectively be no more.

At the moment I see her twice a week, sometimes more, but soon I won't see her ever again. That's such a strange thought.

I don't want to be in love anymore, but I can't stop it.
getjob5
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What the title says. I met this amazing girl, we like each other, and been on a few dates. She leaves the country forever in two weeks.
We stopped dating since she was leaving, but we've remained friends and really, really get on.

She told me a few days ago, that leaving me is going to be really hard for her, and that she didn't want to go.

It's getting worse and worse this feeling. I just feel so down. When I'm busy, I'm ok. But when I'm on my own or have space to think...I just think and think. I'm going to bed late as I stay up thinking about it all. It's got to the point where the emotion actually feels like it's hurting.

She's so beautiful, intelligent, funny, cool, great company, friendly, helpful...and I can't believe that in two weeks she will effectively be no more.

At the moment I see her twice a week, sometimes more, but soon I won't see her ever again. That's such a strange thought.

I'd give advice but it won't be effective, long distance sucks. But in a few months the feelings will go, you'll meet others. Just gotta deal with it for the time being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sophsha)
I'd give advice but it won't be effective, long distance sucks. But in a few months the feelings will go, you'll meet others. Just gotta deal with it for the time being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I never planned on an LDR, she was going to stay for another year though those plans fell through.
I was prepared for an LDR, but only if we started dating earlier and already in a relationship, but it's too late now.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sophsha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I never planned on an LDR, she was going to stay for another year though those plans fell through.
I was prepared for an LDR, but only if we started dating earlier and already in a relationship, but it's too late now.
chantheman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Man that sucks you met someone so compatible and noe they're gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
noveria
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So sorry to hear of your situation. I was raised in a military family so this happened to me a lot. At least three times - and they were not casual relationships. This phase is the worst and it will feel like you'll never quite get over it but trust me, it does get easier. Of course you still think about them, but it will get less painful. Just enjoy every moment you have with said person. And ask yourself, do you still want to stay in touch with this person? I've been writing to one girl for nine years, only hand written letters, never texts, and we have kept our relationship/friendship alive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chantheman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep that's the thing. We just click. She is 'the one'. She likes me, I like her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chantheman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep that's the thing. We just click. She is 'the one'. She likes me, I like her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by noveria)
So sorry to hear of your situation. I was raised in a military family so this happened to me a lot. At least three times - and they were not casual relationships. This phase is the worst and it will feel like you'll never quite get over it but trust me, it does get easier. Of course you still think about them, but it will get less painful. Just enjoy every moment you have with said person. And ask yourself, do you still want to stay in touch with this person? I've been writing to one girl for nine years, only hand written letters, never texts, and we have kept our relationship/friendship alive.
At the moment it feels like this pain is permanent, but hopefully with time...

Yeah I'll think we'll stay in contact, it would be weird not to.
I'll imagine that will change though if she meets someone or I'll if I happen too.
Anonymous #1
Also is it best how to keep how I really feel, or should I share with a couple of friends who know the situation?
I feel like I need to let it all out.
These friends already know I like her a lot m, that she likes me and they we dated...but they don't know how deep it is.

Is it best to keep it to myself?
Anonymous #1
Also is it best how to keep how I really feel, or should I share with a couple of friends who know the situation?
I feel like I need to let it all out.
These friends already know I like her a lot m, that she likes me and they we dated...but they don't know how deep it is.

Is it best to keep it to myself?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a small world with modern technology - FaceTime, Skype etc.. Maybe you can keep it on the back burner for love to flourish again in the future.
Jezebelle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is this the guy that likes the French girl again? Think you type the same.

Anyway, I'd personally recommend cutting contact. If you keep talking to each other it's going to be a lot harder to get over her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
It's a small world with modern technology - FaceTime, Skype etc.. Maybe you can keep it on the back burner for love to flourish again in the future.
We'll stay in contact, but there's no hope for anything in the future. I won't see her ever again.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jezebelle)
Is this the guy that likes the French girl again? Think you type the same.

Anyway, I'd personally recommend cutting contact. If you keep talking to each other it's going to be a lot harder to get over her.
Yeah it is.

True. I can see how it could help, though I still can't see myself ever getting over her.
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We'll stay in contact, but there's no hope for anything in the future. I won't see her ever again.
Why not? You're on the verge of adulthood, you can go and work anywhere you want after university. France isnt that far away, after all.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Crumpet1)
Why not? You're on the verge of adulthood, you can go and work anywhere you want after university. France isnt that far away, after all.
I'm 23. Haven't gone to uni, don't plan on it. I already work full 9-5, full time.
I can't move unfortunately, I don't speak French (useless at languages), have my life here and not in an existing relationship with her just to uplift everything and move.

She might come back in 3/4 years though.
Anonymous #1
By the way is writing a 'goodbye letter' a bad idea?
Not a love letter, and not very long (to fit in a goodbye card). Purely friends, just saying how I've enjoyed meeting her, being friends, getting to know her and mention some stuff relevant to us. I've got her a send off gift which I know she'll love.

Is that a bad idea? Does it make me seem clingy? Desperate? Or do you'll think she'll like it?

I think If I declared my undying love for her, then that would be weird and clingy, but I'm keeping it purely 'friendly'.
ChildInDisguise
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not a love letter, and not very long (to fit in a goodbye card). Purely friends, just saying how I've enjoyed meeting her, being friends, getting to know her and mention some stuff relevant to us. I've got her a send off gift which I know she'll love.

Is that a bad idea? Does it make me seem clingy? Desperate? Or do you'll think she'll like it?

I think If I declared my undying love for her, then that would be weird and clingy, but I'm keeping it purely 'friendly'.
That's **** cute. You should. I think she'll love it. You say you wanted to "let it out" in an earlier post though? I think you should do that too. Just begin with something like "maybe I've fallen for you, but I know you're leaving, so I just wanted to say goodbye..."
And go on with a more friendly note, but I do think she needs to know. Don't just let things go unsaid because you might regret it.
I'm really sorry your in this situation, but in time it might not matter anymore. You do always here about lovely stories of people getting together after many obstacles.
Maybe it's just not your time yet

Hope everything goes well
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

No, there's nothing wrong with letting her know that she's been a special part of your life. Friendships do tend to come & go but there's no harm in letting someone know you were grateful for what you had. Most friendships just fizzle out so in a way it's good when there's a pre-defined end as you have this opportunity to let them know how much they mean to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (611)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (761)
42.02%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.42%

Watched Threads