The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
I still lol at "Van Gaal was the wrong choice. He's done nothing for this club" after being in the job about 3 days :lol:

Honestly the best post on FF, ever
Original post by Pete_91
No one is breaking 90 points any time soon, the league is way way way too competitive for that any more.

Nahh, it's really not.

City got 86 and that was after an unreasonably horrible away record for half the season.

Liverpool got 84 and that was without a defence.

I'd go out on a limb and say that someone of this year's top three will reach 90 points next season.
Eboracum deserves to be knighted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Straight up G
Nahh, it's really not.

City got 86 and that was after an unreasonably horrible away record for half the season.

Liverpool got 84 and that was without a defence.

I'd go out on a limb and say that someone of this year's top three will reach 90 points next season.

I'll make the opposite prediction. The winner of the 2014/15 PL will get less points than this years winner.

90+ points has only been achieved 6 times in the entire PL era. There is a big difference between 86 and 90 in terms of overall season consistency even if it's only 4 points in total.
Apparently Real Madrid want to outbid us for Griezeman
Original post by AR_95
Apparently Real Madrid want to outbid us for Griezeman

Why?! Where would he even play?! We got dat French Connection doe!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Why?! Where would he even play?! We got dat French Connection doe!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give us Di Maria instead? :sogood:
Original post by Pete_91
Give us Di Maria instead? :sogood:

Everyone and their dog wants him though! Can't see Arsene being interested in a bidding war against teams with limitless funds.
Original post by Pete_91
I'll make the opposite prediction. The winner of the 2014/15 PL will get less points than this years winner.

90+ points has only been achieved 6 times in the entire PL era. There is a big difference between 86 and 90 in terms of overall season consistency even if it's only 4 points in total.

I'll make a prediction that Chelsea will next season.
Reply 6109
To finish with at least 90 points, a team can only afford to drop points in 8 games. I really don't see it. There's a genuine top 7 team now and the lower sides know all about parking the bus.
Apparent price agreed for Morata is 8m however Juventus are said to want to compete with us for signing him?

Ehh he hasn't been spectacular, but Wenger probably sees more in him or that he'll develope into a much better player in the future. We have the perfect midfield/system to help and ease off some pressure off his back if he were to play for us up front but even if we did sign him I don't see him replacing Giroud in this first year.
Original post by AR_95
Apparent price agreed for Morata is 8m however Juventus are said to want to compete with us for signing him?

Ehh he hasn't been spectacular, but Wenger probably sees more in him or that he'll develope into a much better player in the future. We have the perfect midfield/system to help and ease off some pressure off his back if he were to play for us up front but even if we did sign him I don't see him replacing Giroud in this first year.

source? probs with some cheeky buy back clause for that price which will screw us over hard
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
source? probs with some cheeky buy back clause for that price which will screw us over hard

ahh **** didn't check the source till now. It's the express so ignore it if you want lol

edit : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/alvaro-morata-transfer-arsenal-fly-to-spain-to-close-in-on-move-for-the-real-madrid-star--reports-9453311.html

No talk on price tag but includes Juventus interest
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

would not be very confidnet going into a season with a strike force of:

Giroud
Morata
Sanogo

-- Just seems very average to me.. none are really top class, there is a lot of potential though, but really it would mean rellying one one of them to have a break-out season to become a forward line that people feared..

A 4th striker would make it a lot better, someone of girouds level or above.. but then its not easy to accomodate 4 strikers, in a team that only uses 1.. Maybe if its a striker that can double as a winger.. Or maybe if wenger added goals to the midfield, and brought in a winger who could contribute more goals then the current line-up (though ofcourse walcott will help here..)

Either way.. those 3 do not fill me with a lot of confidence..
Reply 6114
Many conflicting reports on Morata atm, but AS write that he has already agreed terms with Juve and that the clubs just need to agree on a fee. They have the closest links to Real after Marca, so they're usually fairly reliable on the RM front.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
would not be very confidnet going into a season with a strike force of:

Giroud
Morata
Sanogo

-- Just seems very average to me.. none are really top class, there is a lot of potential though, but really it would mean rellying one one of them to have a break-out season to become a forward line that people feared..

A 4th striker would make it a lot better, someone of girouds level or above.. but then its not easy to accomodate 4 strikers, in a team that only uses 1.. Maybe if its a striker that can double as a winger.. Or maybe if wenger added goals to the midfield, and brought in a winger who could contribute more goals then the current line-up (though ofcourse walcott will help here..)

Either way.. those 3 do not fill me with a lot of confidence..

I think both Giroud and Sanogo will have better seasons.
Giroud's link up play has been quite good and though he's not a great finisher, some of his assists have been crucial (see Ramsey's winning goal). The problem we've faced this season is that we've missed Ramsey/Walcott and have had to rely on the likes of Podolski/Cazorla/Rosicky who don't really make the runs forward so Giroud has pretty much been alone. If Ramsey and Walcott stay fit next season (along with said new LW) then Giroud will have so much more options and we won't be consistently criticising him about his lack of ability.

Sanogo just needs more game time to develope and though I doubt he'll ever become our main striker, he looks quite promising to use as a rotation player for the smaller games. He really does look like a donkey when playing but that's not to take away from the threat and presence he's provided as we've seen in this FA cup run.

Morata however does seem quite average. I haven't been impressed with him. If you put an average player around the world's best, the player will look a lot better than they actually are. However that's not to say he's bad. If said rumours about him being only 8m than I think that would be a good deal, because he does have the potential to be better. If we settled for Morata I would satisfied, based on knowing that : one, we'd have covered CDM with some one of high calibre and two, we sign either Vela or Griezeman.
If we buy Morata, great, but we need to buy someone even better as well. We need someone who's gonna score near to 30 PL goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
On SSN Radio I heard something along the lines of Loic Remy.
Fabregas returning to arsenal?
Original post by The Assassin
Fabregas returning to arsenal?

We absolutely have no need for him, but I'd love him back.

Imagine Cesc, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby, Arteta, Flamini all competing for 3 spots though :laugh:

Would happily flog Cazorla for £25m+ to make room tbh

Latest