The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sky Sources: Cesc Fabregas set to leave Barcelona this summer & expected to return to Premier League

Well that's settled, no way is Wenger standing by and letting him join another PL club. We have some sell on clauses I think so we could do it cheaper than the others anyway.
Original post by Zürich
We absolutely have no need for him, but I'd love him back.

Imagine Cesc, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby, Arteta, Flamini all competing for 3 spots though :laugh:

Would happily flog Cazorla for £25m+ to make room tbh

I think I've worked out Wenger's game plan.

"**** it let's corner the market on creative midfielders, increase demand way over supply so that FFP ****s over the oil baron clubs who overspend to get what they want."

Putting that Masters in Economics to good use :sogood:
Original post by Zürich
We absolutely have no need for him, but I'd love him back.

Imagine Cesc, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby, Arteta, Flamini all competing for 3 spots though :laugh:

Would happily flog Cazorla for £25m+ to make room tbh

This is a lie!!

What happened when we had Ramsey, Ozil and Wilshere out? We were playing Arteta and Flamini (the stuff of nightmares) together centrally. Lord knows why you included that guy Diaby in the list, more chance of pigs flying than him being fit for a season and being of any actual use!

For all this so-called depth we have in midfield there is quite a drop off in quality once you get past the starters. If he was available I would drive to Barcelona myself and pick him up, he adds both numbers and quality.

I don't want to be seeing Arteta having the role he did this season, he should be a bit part player at best next season.
Wenger will just wait for a PL club to bid and then hijack the deal. Easiest way to go.
Original post by 419
To finish with at least 90 points, a team can only afford to drop points in 8 games. I really don't see it. There's a genuine top 7 team now and the lower sides know all about parking the bus.

That's only if they lose all 8 games, which is unrealistic. If they draw all the games they don't win, it's 12. So somewhere in between that.
Original post by manchesterunited15
That's only if they lose all 8 games, which is unrealistic. If they draw all the games they don't win, it's 12. So somewhere in between that.

That's only been done once though, hardly a regular occurrence for a team to win 26, draw 12 and lose none.

I know you said between those two but still it's a hell of an ask. It makes the 95 Chelsea got all the more impressive.
So strange how Cesc, Remy, and Aurier rumors have heatened up all within the space of a few hours
Original post by Pete_91
That's only been done once though, hardly a regular occurrence for a team to win 26, draw 12 and lose none.

I know you said between those two but still it's a hell of an ask. It makes the 95 Chelsea got all the more impressive.

Yeah I agree it's unlikely, I was just saying it's not as hard as 419 was saying.

If anyone's gonna do it it will surely be City.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Yeah I agree it's unlikely, I was just saying it's not as hard as 419 was saying.

If anyone's gonna do it it will surely be City.

If they get a CB pairing that can stay fit and wrap Aguero in cotton wool then they'd be the most likely yeah. I still don't think it'll happen any time soon because how easily teams at the bottom manage to take points off the best teams.
lol had a dream the other day where fabregas is bundled in to a utd shirt by de gea and mata. he can replace arteta, and is less likely to lose the ball and more defensively reliable, if we get him
4 weeks ago....

https://vine.co/v/M6aaTZAeUTJ

Mr Pum Pum is actually an ITK!! :rofl:

Mr Pum Pum >>>>> Geoff
remy will get 28 gols for us next season
If Cesc come back my word we will be stacked in central midfield...but still without a proper DM besides Flamini!

Özil, Cesc, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Rosicky and Gnabry are capable of playing CAM with Zelalem and Crowley two of the best prospects we've had for years.
Original post by EmperorMustard
If Cesc come back my word we will be stacked in central midfield...but still without a proper DM besides Flamini!

Özil, Cesc, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Rosicky and Gnabry are capable of playing CAM with Zelalem and Crowley two of the best prospects we've had for years.

Maybe Fabregas will play out wide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
glad to have cesc back, u man must have forgotten that our players are made of breadsticks

ozil,ramsey,wilshere,cazorla,rosicky,ox

i guarantee you at least 2 of those players will be out for 7+ weeks each next season, guarantee

#Squaaddepth
Surely you don't really need Cesc? Unless Wenger is planning on turning him into a DM (worked well with Arteta lol) it would be so stupid.
Original post by qwerty_mad
Maybe Fabregas will play out wide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sick of playing central players out wide. Would rather Griezmann. Its an option though if we get injuries..which we will.
If we end up getting Cesc, then signing Ozil will have been a mistake.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Sick of playing central players out wide. Would rather Griezmann. Its an option though if we get injuries..which we will.

He's played there for Barca and it'd be no surprise if he plays there for us, rotating with Ozil. But yeah, I'd prefer a real winger out wide as well but can't see Wenger letting Fabregas go without a fight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One thing you can say about Cesc, is that he was always a big game player for us. Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, big CL games, he produced the goods when it mattered mostly.

Can you say the same about Cazorla and Ozil? Not really.

Latest