The Student Room Group

Your opinions on Euthanasia

Poll

Are You For or Against Euthanasia?

Just wondered what peoples opinions were on Euthanasia, although it is illegal commit Euthanasia in the UK i still want to hear people's opinions, for those who don't know what euthanasia is:

Euthanasia refers to the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm for it. I think it'll probably be legalised one day.
Reply 2
Original post by Leftee
I'm for it. I think it'll probably be legalised one day.

I'm for it providing patient is off sound mind, if patient isn't off sound mind have an external doctor look over their results and talk to the attending then they can either agree or veto the patients choice
No it's terrible. All life has meaningg
Reply 4
Original post by Bastard Son
No it's terrible. All life has meaningg

I see your point but what if the patient is basically a husk, they can't do anything without supervision
Totally support it.
Reply 6
I'm all for it 100% as long as there are the proper safeguards put in place, you know like making sure the patient is of sound mind when making the decision and isn't being pressurised into it by family etc. Psychological assessments would also be necessary. I hope it legalised in Scotland in my lifetime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Yasmin25
I'm all for it 100% as long as there are the proper safeguards put in place, you know like making sure the patient is of sound mind when making the decision and isn't being pressurised into it by family etc. Psychological assessments would also be necessary. I hope it legalised in Scotland in my lifetime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's my reasoning behind it as well, i've always supported it, tbh euthanasia is almost the same as "putting down" an animal isn't it, and that is perfectly legal
Reply 8
100% for it
It makes me horny.. Loves the youths in Asia
It could be a fantastic solution in certain situations, but it also sounds quite sinister and depressing in others. I wouldn't particularly want to see the day where people who've been through some ****ty times recently and want to die as a result are legally assisted in that process by the very same people who've spent their careers learning to prolong life and health
Reply 11
Original post by bertstare
It could be a fantastic solution in certain situations, but it also sounds quite sinister and depressing in others. I wouldn't particularly want to see the day where people who've been through some ****ty times recently and want to die as a result are legally assisted in that process by the very same people who've spent their careers learning to prolong life and health

That's why i have the 'of sound mind' addition, cos i know what you mean people who are severely depressed / suicidal
The whole debate about euthanasia needs to be put to rest.

:getmecoat:
I fink dat the youth-in-asia iz well good, innit?
Original post by Tomsta
That's why i have the 'of sound mind' addition, cos i know what you mean people who are severely depressed / suicidal

Yeah obviously that goes without saying, if it were legal it'd only be offered to those deemed mentally competent by probably multiple doctors. But a lot of people would argue that depressed individuals have just as much right to end their lives as individuals with physically debilitating conditions. It's a dodgy subject tbh
Reply 15
Original post by bertstare
Yeah obviously that goes without saying, if it were legal it'd only be offered to those deemed mentally competent by probably multiple doctors. But a lot of people would argue that depressed individuals have just as much right to end their lives as individuals with physically debilitating conditions. It's a dodgy subject tbh

yes that is true, but when someone suffers from depression, they always look on the bad side of life (i know from experience) therefore they are not thinking clearly about the whole picture
Reply 16
Original post by PythianLegume
The whole debate about euthanasia needs to be put to rest.

:getmecoat:

Why do you say that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tomsta
Why do you say that?

'Tis a pun of sorts.
im for it. i think it should be available so you can tap out if you're under unbearable pain or crippling disease and you just want to go with dignity.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blind Ferret
I fink dat the youth-in-asia iz well good, innit?

Is ali g in da house?

Quick Reply

Latest