The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wouldnt say Cazorla had a good season
Original post by Zürich

Would you say his debut season was better than Ozil's, costing 2.5 times less and playing with lesser quality players?
Cazorla had a rough season but wasn't he meant to be our MVP last year?
Original post by Pete_91
David Ornstein:

"Barcelona willing to let Fabregas leave for £30m & his preference is PL return. Arsenal have buy-back option but yet to express any interest"

He's usually spot on with transfer news.

I just saw that.

Surely 30mil would mean they only get 20mil since Arsenal would be entitled to 10mil?

Bizzare that they want to sell him when Xavi is coming up to the end of his career and Thiago already left the club for Bayern.
Original post by baconbutty
has their been much between them this season? you could probably count cazorlas good games on one hand this season he had one good month but for a long time everyone wanted him dropped for podolski/ox

yes there has, despite being played out of position cazorla has been better. januzaj probably more consistent but at a definite lower level.
Reply 6185
cazorla top 10 in the prem is laughable.

ozil
ramsey
walcott
aguero
nasri
silva
toure
van persie
rooney
mata
januzaj
hazard
willian
suarez
sterling
sturridge
gerrard
lallana
luke shaw
ricky lambert

just a few players off the top of my head countless more ahead of him if we go in to other midfielders and defenders

do you watch southampton though?
Original post by Kruz
You're drunk, Santi is a wonderful football top 10 players in the prem IMO. But Cesc is another level.

You think? He's a flat track bully from what i've seen, disappears in the big games. He's had an average season which in no way puts him as one of the best footballers in the league imo. He may not even be in Arsenal's top 10... :wink:

edit: baconbutty beat me to it.
Original post by 419
do you watch southampton though?

nope
Original post by Gob Bluth
You think? He's a flat track bully from what i've seen, disappears in the big games. He's had an average season which in no way puts him as one of the best footballers in the league imo. He may not even be in Arsenal's top 10... :wink:

I'm not talking about form or anything, I'm saying in general. Last season he was better, but Ozil arrival has helped this season. He's still better than all your midfielders :wink:.

Loool Did Bacon Butty put Januzaj in his top 10 but not Cazorla kl.

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
agree with rest pretty much but lol, go to bed if you think januzaj is better.

Why is Lallana there I know for sure Cazorla is twice the player he is. Technically, in fact everything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Of course not, but when you play.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Would you say his debut season was better than Ozil's, costing 2.5 times less and playing with lesser quality players?

Not really, Cazorla was injury free most of his debut season, Ozil had a long term injury and was overplayed.

It was essentially the same team as well.
Someone explain why you're all getting gassed about Cesc again please?

And lol at the guy who said Cazorla is better.

edit: right I've seen the tweet, is there anything else?

Is Ornstein reliable?

Can't believe it meself, given Xavi's career is ending
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6191
nope

You know the next question- so how can you say that shaw, lambert, lallana are better than Lord Cazorla?
did zurich say 25m for cazorla as well? he was bought for 15 and has probably regressed and is 29 years old

hes worth maybe 10-12mil
Original post by Kruz
I'm not talking about form or anything, I'm saying in general. Last season he was better, but Ozil arrival has helped this season. He's still better than all your midfielders :wink:.

Why is Lallana there I know for sure Cazorla is twice the player he is. Technically in fact everything.

Cazorla is not in the top 20 players in this league, let alone the top 10.

Either way it doesn't matter, because him and Ozil can't fit into the same team effectively against all but the ****test of teams.
Original post by jam278

Not really, Cazorla was injury free most of his debut season, Ozil had a long term injury and was overplayed.

It was essentially the same team as well.

Ozil had Cazorla, Sanogo and a prime Ramsey to play with. Cazorla had none of those, but had Walcott I guess. Fair point on the injury, but Cazorla was overplayed too.
Original post by 419
You know the next question- so how can you say that shaw, lambert, lallana are better than Lord Cazorla?

lallana and lambert have scored more goals than him and shaw is the prodigal son
Original post by Kruz

Your as in Swansea or Liverpool? Off the back of this season Coutinho and Sterling have been better in similar roles. Wouldn't disagree with Swansea even though a certain Robbie Savage said he wouldn't get into the Swansea side, when Cazorla joined Arsenal :rofl: Will be interesting to see how he fares next season, obviously a very good footballer who seemingly underperformed this season.
Reply 6197
lallana and lambert have scored more goals than him and shaw is the prodigal son

but your say you can't pass judgement unless you seen them play though. why you been a hypocrite?
Original post by Straight up G
Cazorla is not in the top 20 players in this league, let alone the top 10.

Either way it doesn't matter, because him and Ozil can't fit into the same team effectively against all but the ****test of teams.

Loooooool Cazorla isn't top 20 players in the prem? kl kl.
Original post by Straight up G
Someone explain why you're all getting gassed about Cesc again please?

And lol at the guy who said Cazorla is better.

edit: right I've seen the tweet, is there anything else?

Is Ornstein reliable?

Can't believe it meself, given Xavi's career is ending

Ornstein is pretty much gospel to be honest, as reliable as you get. He's not indicated where he will be going of course, but Arsenal seems pretty likely if at all.

Latest