The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Science Unit 1 ***OFFICIAL THREAD***

The official AQA science thread for unit 1.

Ask for help! Share revision tips! and good luck for the exams!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know a lot of people use MyGCSEScience to revise science, i just wanted to say how long it would take to watch each core science.

Bioogy- 4 hours 17 minutes
Chemistry- 4 hours 16 minutes
Physics- 3 hours 26 minutes

This is only for core science, i'm planning on spending a day on each science.

For people that don't use the videos, here you go
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/core/

Make predictions on the 6 mark questions!!! :biggrin:
What do you guys think will be the 6-markers? If it's about fractional distillation in chemistry, I'm screwed :colone:
Original post by ImagineCats
What do you guys think will be the 6-markers? If it's about fractional distillation in chemistry, I'm screwed :colone:

in b1 I reckon an adaptions question may come up...not entirely sure tho!
Original post by artymaniac
in b1 I reckon an adaptions question may come up...not entirely sure tho!

That was last years or the one before. I think AQA is likely to repeat the ones from 2011/10. Someone suggested the nervous system and hormones, I kinda agree with that
Reply 5
That was last years or the one before. I think AQA is likely to repeat the ones from 2011/10. Someone suggested the nervous system and hormones, I kinda agree with that

I also agree with nervous system but diet and exercise hasn't come up.
Original post by muntilol
I also agree with nervous system but diet and exercise hasn't come up.

It says in the exam spec that you don't need to know that :smile: along with the dates of the menstrual cycle yay

If you're screwed why are you smiling?? :lol::lol::lol:
Reply 8
It says in the exam spec that you don't need to know that :smile: along with the dates of the menstrual cycle yay

Need to know what? diet?:eek: I'm hoping menstruation or FSH doesn't come up.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a hard paper.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I hope its not hard :frown:

Yeah, I looked at the 2010 paper and it was easy peasy. I reckon they'll repeat the main topic being about revolution and theories. I doubt menstruation will come up, but maybe hormones will be in the 6-marker? Idk, that's one of the many topics they haven't covered in the 6-markers.
Original post by stephanieuwa
If you're screwed why are you smiling?? :lol::lol::lol:

Looking back, I realize I pressed the wrong smiley :s-smilie:
Looking back, I realize I pressed the wrong smiley :s-smilie:

lool I know but it made me smile, so thank you kitty :wink:
lool I know but it made me smile, so thank you kitty :wink:

I CAN'T DECIDE ON USERNAMES OKAY

Oh God I have so many good ideas now, and I cant change it :angry: Meh, the icon is hilarious...
I CAN'T DECIDE ON USERNAMES OKAY

Oh God I have so many good ideas now, and I cant change it :angry: Meh, the icon is hilarious...

Don't worry I'm not judging you :smile:

I'm lying.:colone:
Don't worry I'm not judging you :smile:

I'm lying.:colone:

:p:p
Okay, now I'm angry. I've been revising so much, I need this A grade, and I've just done a B1 past paper and got a B. Considering the exams get harder and harder every year, I'm completely damned. Time to pull all-nighters, yay to weight gain and spots!
Reply 17
Hi guys!

I'm studying Biology Unit 1 and have 5 days to watch all those MyGCSEScience videos and memorise all this stuff for Friday!

I'm not sure how well I done on the B2 and B3 paper, but I really need to get an A just in case. I got A or A* on my ISA and if I get an A on this paper it can make up for whether I did poorly or not on B2 and B3. (also, btw, what overall grade would I get for A*, A, B and B? Because that's the highest I think I will get)

I'm such an idiot for not revising earlier, but this revision just feels so much longer than the B2 and B3 revision. Any tips or anything? All I do is watch those videos, write notes and write everything down from the Spec so I can remember. I do look over the past papers but it doesn't help me as much because the same answers and questions don't come up!

And last thing, what kind of things do you predict to come up? Oh and how did you find B2 and B3?
Original post by Rtdsv
Hi guys!

I'm studying Biology Unit 1 and have 5 days to watch all those MyGCSEScience videos and memorise all this stuff for Friday!

I'm not sure how well I done on the B2 and B3 paper, but I really need to get an A just in case. I got A or A* on my ISA and if I get an A on this paper it can make up for whether I did poorly or not on B2 and B3. (also, btw, what overall grade would I get for A*, A, B and B? Because that's the highest I think I will get)

I'm such an idiot for not revising earlier, but this revision just feels so much longer than the B2 and B3 revision. Any tips or anything? All I do is watch those videos, write notes and write everything down from the Spec so I can remember. I do look over the past papers but it doesn't help me as much because the same answers and questions don't come up!

And last thing, what kind of things do you predict to come up? Oh and how did you find B2 and B3?

wtf is b2 b3

I'm only doing b1 c1 and p1 :confused:
i know a lot of people use mygcsescience to revise science, i just wanted to say how long it would take to watch each core science.

Bioogy- 4 hours 17 minutes
chemistry- 4 hours 16 minutes
physics- 3 hours 26 minutes

this is only for core science, i'm planning on spending a day on each science.

For people that don't use the videos, here you go
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/core/

make predictions on the 6 mark questions!!! :d

thank you for posting this i saw this a few days ago but thought "nah im okay" but im not omg thank you i need this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending