The Student Room Group

Gcse dance

Hey, is anyone doing AQA GCSE dance? The exam is next week. Any tips for the paper or revision websites. I'm doing Ghost dances and Nutcracker!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SweetCherry1
Hey, is anyone doing AQA GCSE dance? The exam is next week. Any tips for the paper or revision websites. I'm doing Ghost dances and Nutcracker!

there's a gcse for dance ?

You learn something new every day.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
Original post by mickel_w
there's a gcse for dance ?

You learn something new every day.

I know it's ridiculous.

Just like GCSEs in Food, Music and the like.
Reply 4
Original post by yellowcopter
I know it's ridiculous.

You know they do GCSEs in English these days? Where will it end?
Reply 5
I know it's ridiculous.

hey, hey!

insult food and dance all you want, music is hard :frown:

seriously though, before I thought 'lol music gcse is for noobs' but if you take it you soon realise you have to know theory, and be able to tell stuff just by listening to it (hard stuff)

but that's why the grade boundaries are pretty low (320 UMS /400 for an A)
Original post by Sataris
You know they do GCSEs in English these days? Where will it end?

I know and Maths? Physics, Chemistry and Biology? Madness.
hey, hey!

insult food and dance all you want, music is hard :frown:

seriously though, before I thought 'lol music gcse is for noobs' but if you take it you soon realise you have to know theory, and be able to tell stuff just by listening to it (hard stuff)

but that's why the grade boundaries are pretty low (320 UMS /400 for an A)

So true. I am predicted 10 a*s but a B in music.
Reply 8
I know and Maths? Physics, Chemistry and Biology? Madness.

Talk about soft subjects!
Original post by Sataris
Talk about soft subjects!

I know, some students are even doing this 'Further Mathematics' GCSE course. Can it get any easier?

There will soon be GCSEs in holding a pencil.
Reply 10
insult gcse dance and food as much as you like but music is one of the toughest subjects i know unless you can read sheet music good luck you have to have enough creative talent to produce 2 songs and they have to have a good structure not just random words like everyone thinks.
Original post by Percy123
insult gcse dance and food as much as you like but music is one of the toughest subjects i know unless you can read sheet music good luck you have to have enough creative talent to produce 2 songs and they have to have a good structure not just random words like everyone thinks.

You don't deserve a D grade if you can't read sheet music mate
Original post by Percy123

It was a joke :rolleyes:

Goes to show that people shouldn't insult GCSE Dance because just like with subjects such as Music; although they might seem and sound easy for all you know Dance could be a pretty tough subject. I don't do Dance but yeah.

I chose GCSE Art thinking it was 'easy' but I actually found it difficult.
It was a joke :rolleyes:

Goes to show that people shouldn't insult GCSE Dance because just like with subjects such as Music; although they might seem and sound easy for all you know Dance could be a pretty tough subject. I don't do Dance but yeah.

I chose GCSE Art thinking it was 'easy' but I actually found it difficult.

Serves you right for taking the easy way ou then I suppose
Come on guys, let's all unite, for we know the toughest of them all.

We all tremble before...

Health and Social
Come on guys, let's all unite, for we know the toughest of them all.

We all tremble before...

Health and Social

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Okay, that killed me. :lol:
Thanks for the help everyone :biggrin: :biggrin: If you haven't done GCSE Dance you can't comment on how "easy" it is!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shadowninja107
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

??!!
Hi
I am doing GCSE dance as well, my teacher said that a good thing to do would be to pick a section from Nutcracker! (like the frozen lake) that you could talk about for set design or accompaniment and pick two costumes. You could also pick one motif from each of the set dances and remember it with regards to action, space, relationship and dynamics. Sorry, I don't know if that helps or not- good luck with the exam! :smile:
Original post by Olivia197
Hi
I am doing GCSE dance as well, my teacher said that a good thing to do would be to pick a section from Nutcracker! (like the frozen lake) that you could talk about for set design or accompaniment and pick two costumes. You could also pick one motif from each of the set dances and remember it with regards to action, space, relationship and dynamics. Sorry, I don't know if that helps or not- good luck with the exam! :smile:

Thanks :smile: What would you say about the accompaniment in Nutcracker? I know it adds to the theme of satire and there is strong correlation between the dance and the music but what else?? I think there is going to be a ten mark question on it :/

Quick Reply

Latest