The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 02/06/2014

I don't think a thread has been made for this yet, we can discuss questions here.

Good luck

Scroll to see replies

Ahh good times, i got 117/120 in this :biggrin:

Past papers all the way guys, no matter how boring it gets. The revision guide and the markschemes ftw
Reply 2
Original post by Hazard17
Ahh good times, i got 117/120 in this :biggrin:

Past papers all the way guys, no matter how boring it gets. The revision guide and the markschemes ftw

Well done :smile: I hope the unit 2 exam is one we can learn the answers to through past papers. Our unit 1 exam felt like it had a lot of unfamiliar content :/
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Well done :smile: I hope the unit 2 exam is one we can learn the answers to through past papers. Our unit 1 exam felt like it had a lot of unfamiliar content :/

Ahh thats too bad, what are you aiming for? Honestly make the most of the revision guide. It makes the actual text book look useless. It contains so much information that isnt relevant to spec.
Reply 4
Ahh thats too bad, what are you aiming for? Honestly make the most of the revision guide. It makes the actual text book look useless. It contains so much information that isnt relevant to spec.

Aiming for an A, though I think I'll be scraping it because of the unit 1 exam :/ Do you mean the CGP green revision guide? I do use it quite a lot but my teacher recommends against using it, the actual text book is so irrelevant sometimes, but I regret not using it because there was quite a bit of stuff in the unit 1 exam which the text book had good answers to.
Aiming for an A, though I think I'll be scraping it because of the unit 1 exam :/ Do you mean the CGP green revision guide? I do use it quite a lot but my teacher recommends against using it, the actual text book is so irrelevant sometimes, but I regret not using it because there was quite a bit of stuff in the unit 1 exam which the text book had good answers to.

Dude not that CGP crap! Theyre awful. Im talking about the actual SNAB edexcel AS one. Heres the link if you want it. Itll help even if you have a good 3 days to use it. Also make sure you get next years A2 book. It'll come in super handy. About 6 quid, fairly cheap and WELL WORTH IT.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Biology-Revision-EDEXCEL-SCIENCES/dp/1846905982/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401224080&sr=8-2&keywords=edexcel+biology+revision+guide
Reply 6
Dude not that CGP crap! Theyre awful. Im talking about the actual SNAB edexcel AS one. Heres the link if you want it. Itll help even if you have a good 3 days to use it. Also make sure you get next years A2 book. It'll come in super handy. About 6 quid, fairly cheap and WELL WORTH IT.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Biology-Revision-EDEXCEL-SCIENCES/dp/1846905982/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401224080&sr=8-2&keywords=edexcel+biology+revision+guide

Ooh I do have this one :smile: I have 3! This one is by far the most useful, and I do agree that the CGP one is crap :tongue:
I find the CGP guide quite useful! Anyway I keep getting 61-64 in the past papers :frown: I'm not improving at all and I really want an A as this is my last exam this year so if I dont get an A, I'll feel pretty annoyed (I've had 11 days to revise this (5 left).....
I've been revising from text book. Should I get the edexcel revision guide? I can get it by tomorrow?
I've been revising from text book. I can't get the revision guide. Is it okay or am I screwed? :/
Original post by AMKrishnan
I find the CGP guide quite useful! Anyway I keep getting 61-64 in the past papers :frown: I'm not improving at all and I really want an A as this is my last exam this year so if I dont get an A, I'll feel pretty annoyed (I've had 11 days to revise this (5 left).....

Original post by Katiekatie1
I've been revising from text book. I can't get the revision guide. Is it okay or am I screwed? :/

61-64 is usually always an A :biggrin:

and no I wouldn't worry about it, the edexcel textbook is fine except it has a lot of extra stuff which we don't really need.
61-64 is usually always an A :biggrin:.

I know it's just I will need a high A (Like 68+) to stand a chance of getting an A overall, because my Unit 1 Exam didn't go great, the max I can get in that is a B and my Coursework is probably an A (I spent a lot of time on it and in all my courseworks I always get high) ...
Original post by AMKrishnan
I know it's just I will need a high A (Like 68+) to stand a chance of getting an A overall, because my Unit 1 Exam didn't go great, the max I can get in that is a B and my Coursework is probably an A (I spent a lot of time on it and in all my courseworks I always get high) ...

Ah I see, my unit 1 didn't go great either :P I don't think many peoples did.
Reply 13
Not too worried about this exam! Just hit the text book and past papers, and revise the bits you lost marks on each time until you know it off by heart! And I agree that the Edexcel Revision Guide is much better than the CGP one!

Unfortunately it clashes with my A2 General Studies paper :/ So i'll be at school until around 5 completing the damn thing!

Good luck :smile:
I think Unit 2 is the easiest overall. Really hoping for an easy A on this paper after the calamity that was the unit 1 examination.

and no I wouldn't worry about it, the edexcel textbook is fine except it has a lot of extra stuff which we don't really need.

Ah, thanks. Does it give anything about core practicals? My notes on those are pretty dire, especially the mineral one (which we didn't even do)
Original post by Katiekatie1
Ah, thanks. Does it give anything about core practicals? My notes on those are pretty dire, especially the mineral one (which we didn't even do)

It does give brief bits on the core practicals. But nothing that you couldn't learn from past paper mark schemes :smile:
It does give brief bits on the core practicals. But nothing that you couldn't learn from past paper mark schemes :smile:

Great thanks. What about the all the gene interactions, like seasonal colour change, maoa, cancer, like how much on that? There is so much waffle in the textbook! Sorry for all the questions :/ thanks so much!
Reply 18
Can i confirm if this is a pm or am exam :smile:?
Original post by RainieXD
Can i confirm if this is a pm or am exam :smile:?

afternoon according to my timetable

Quick Reply

Latest