The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Murray wins 12-10 in the fifth set - incredible match.
Original post by Krish4791
Murray wins 12-10 in the fifth set - incredible match.

Arguably best of the tournament, in terms of shotmaking as well as drama at the end. Incredibly when they came out at 7-7 they were right back up to the quality of the previous day.
Federer takes the first set 7-6. Gulbis must be furious for throwing away the mini break he had in the tiebreaker.

As usual the French crowd being misinformed ***** - Gulbis went to clean the service line after Federer hit an ace and was booed for it. Morons.
Looks like we have a repeat of the Wimbledon QF then, Murray vs Verdasco.

While Verdasco has the potential skillset to win i suspect he'll choke like at Wimbledon (and yes, while the 4th and 5th were Murray being better, the 3rd was a blatant choke).
Gulbis choking this match away. Up a break and a mini-break up in the first set yet he managed to lose it and lost his break in the 2nd set...
cracking match, hopefully gives Murray a boost to have got through it!
Original post by Rakas21
Looks like we have a repeat of the Wimbledon QF then, Murray vs Verdasco.

While Verdasco has the potential skillset to win i suspect he'll choke like at Wimbledon (and yes, while the 4th and 5th were Murray being better, the 3rd was a blatant choke).

Not too sure. I'd give Verdasco the edge on clay especially as Murray doesn't seem to be back to his 100% yet.

I actually think it's more mental than physical at this point. There was no reason for Murray to not close the match out in 4 sets and getting distracted by a camera to hit 2 double faults is not good enough at this stage. Hopefully he gets his head back in the game, I think not having a coach might be contributing to his frame of mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 727
Federer really should have had that 2nd set wrapped up - instead he's lost it.
Reply 728
Berdych has flown into the Quarter Finals meanwhile - beat Isner in straight sets with one break in each set. He is looking very, very good - could conceivably make the semis
I think if Federer gets through this he could very well lose to Berdych who has played well so far this tournament
Oh no, Gulbis took the third.
Reply 731
Original post by Rakas21
Oh no, Gulbis took the third.

Way too many backhand-to-backhand rallies atm, no wonder Gulbis is winning most of them.
Original post by Krish4791
Way too many backhand-to-backhand rallies atm, no wonder Gulbis is winning most of them.

What d'you guys think of the medical time out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gulbis has this match.
Reply 734
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
What d'you guys think of the medical time out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was a clever move. Right time to take it and disrupt Federer's momentum.
What a talent Raonic is when he plays well, he's probably the best outside of the big 5 at being able to dominate from the baseline. Needs to take net lessons from Djokovic though, seems only to be able to smash.
There is just no way Federer can break Gulbis when he's serving like this. Reminiscent of Lukas Rosol.
Yet another match where Federer proves he can't handle more than 3 hours.
Biggest win of Gulbis' career and a very tough loss for Federer! Great match and another RG manufactured shock
Original post by Autistic Merit
There is just no way Federer can break Gulbis when he's serving like this. Reminiscent of Lukas Rosol.

Man that was scary.

We'll see rog in 3 weeks at Wimbledon so at least he can hang with his kids for the time being

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply