The Student Room Group

Indian rape culture. SHOCKING

The two attachments below will tell you why it's shocking. In fact these figures are thought to be under what it really is as being an LEDC a full research and investigation couldn't happen so this isn't even the whole country. Rape is even legal in some cases. And 20% of husbands have admitted to forcing their wife's to sex. This is actually higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Disgusting
Reply 2
And the worst part is that hundreds of these go unreported daily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hertz
And the worst part is that hundreds of these go unreported daily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

The worst part is that we get told by the politically correct that we should respect and tolerate these cultures, and if you dont you are racist/ xenophobic.

I therefore proudly say that I do not respect Indian culture, such as the caste system, and the coercing/ rape of women. Therefore if that makes me a racist because I respect womans rights and do not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of "culture", I am one and proud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
India's a huge country these crimes probably happen every second.
Reply 5
Original post by the mezzil
No.

The worst part is that we get told by the politically correct that we should respect and tolerate these cultures, and if you dont you are racist/ xenophobic.

I therefore proudly say that I do not respect Indian culture, such as the caste system, and the coercing/ rape of women. Therefore if that makes me a racist because I respect womans rights and do not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of "culture", I am one and proud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well maybe you can not respect the individual crime or thing you don't like not the whole thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No.

Honestly, this. People claim that it's racist to not tolerate or respect other cultures, but if other cultures are like this, surely they aren't worth respecting?
Reply 7
Original post by Gjaykay
Honestly, this. People claim that it's racist to not tolerate or respect other cultures, but if other cultures are like this, surely they aren't worth respecting?

Respect the parts that aren't bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hertz
Well maybe you can not respect the individual crime or thing you don't like not the whole thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will reapect a decent human for being a decent human. Not because they follow a certain form of culture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indian culture is vast, you get Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam and Parsis.By saying that you are not respecting Indian culture, hopefully your are atheist otherwise you are making a joke out of yourself.Only in India, you get diversity. As for the rape part, with huge population, (population more combined more than US and Europe), there are bound to be more criminals and idiots.

Spotting hate mongers like you is easy, but finding peace makers r difficult to find.
Reply 10
Original post by North Wolf
Indian culture is vast, you get Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam and Parsis.By saying that you are not respecting Indian culture, hopefully your are atheist otherwise you are making a joke out of yourself.Only in India, you get diversity. As for the rape part, with huge population, (population more combined more than US and Europe), there are bound to be more criminals and idiots.

Spotting hate mongers like you is easy, but finding peace makers r difficult to find.

Its not because it's an large population. It's because of the laws and religion. It's legal to rape in some circumstances etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hertz
Its not because it's an large population. It's because of the laws and religion. It's legal to rape in some circumstances etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is only legal in kangaroo courts where the idiotic village heads takes law into their own hands. In a way, what you say is correct, because most of the villagers think these kangaroo courts are legal entity. Only awareness and harsh punishments can act deterrent for to these criminals..
Reply 12
here's what is actually shocking

[h="1"]statistics[/h]In January 2013, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Home Office released its first ever joint Official Statistics bulletin on sexual violence, entitled An Overview of Sexual Offending in England and Wales.
It reported that:

Approximately 85,000 women are raped on average in England and Wales every year

Over 400,000 women are sexually assaulted each year

1 in 5 women (aged 16 - 59) has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16.

uk rape rate= 28 per 100,000 people

india rape rate=2 per 100,000
Reply 13
uk rape= 85,000 per year which equals 232 rapes per day

india rape= 25,000 in 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India

despite having 20 times more people india still has less rapes then the uk in the total amount.

so if anyone has a cultural problem with rape it's the uk. 85,000 rapes a year and 1 in 5 have experienced sexual harrassment, that's what you call a rape culture

india's amount of rapes, even total amount of rapes, not simply the rape rate is very small for country of 1.2 billion people.

so your just exposing what an ignorant bigot you are.

Yes I am an atheist.

Oh and for the record, I am not a pacifist either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slade p
here's what is actually shocking

[h="1"]statistics[/h]In January 2013, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Home Office released its first ever joint Official Statistics bulletin on sexual violence, entitled An Overview of Sexual Offending in England and Wales.
It reported that:

Approximately 85,000 women are raped on average in England and Wales every year

Over 400,000 women are sexually assaulted each year

1 in 5 women (aged 16 - 59) has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16.

uk rape rate= 28 per 100,000 people

india rape rate=2 per 100,000

In the UK rapes are reported and taken seriously by the police. In India they are not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
It is only legal in kangaroo courts where the idiotic village heads takes law into their own hands. In a way, what you say is correct, because most of the villagers think these kangaroo courts are legal entity. Only awareness and harsh punishments can act deterrent for to these criminals..

Its actually the law. Look at my attachments. From the govt. Not kangaroo courts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
In the UK rapes are reported and taken seriously by the police. In India they are not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indian police are known to rape women themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hertz
Indian police are known to rape women themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Precisely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol at the statistics quoted above. This article suggests unreported rape could be as high as 30 times the official figures in India.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/majority-of-rape-cases-go-unreported-mps/article5063089.ece

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending