The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Man that was scary.

We'll see rog in 3 weeks at Wimbledon so at least he can hang with his kids for the time being

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he'll do better at Wimbledon and should be able to reach the QFs. There will be people questioning, after today, just how long Federer can continue to play at this level for.
I thought the final set would be tighter than it eventually was, but that was a brilliant performance from Gulbis. Really lived up to his big talk before the match. Could we see him go all the way?
Original post by Autistic Merit
I think he'll do better at Wimbledon and should be able to reach the QFs. There will be people questioning, after today, just how long Federer can continue to play at this level for.

I think he just wants win another (probs Wimbledon) and then he'll retire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 743
Federer's 2014 season is slowly turning into his 2013 season. He best win in Halle and at least reach the SFs of Wimbledon.
Original post by Sirocco11
I thought the final set would be tighter than it eventually was, but that was a brilliant performance from Gulbis. Really lived up to his big talk before the match. Could we see him go all the way?

I think it'll be interesting to see him play versus djok...

Anyway, biggest match of the day now. Djok vs tsonga is always really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, am I the only one who finds John inverdale really annoying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers crossed for Djokovic, has been very shaky at times and Tsonga is getting back to his best. Definitely could go the distance
Reply 747
Original post by Roger1
Federer's 2014 season is slowly turning into his 2013 season. He best win in Halle and at least reach the SFs of Wimbledon.

His momentum was disrupted somewhat when his two boys were born. Didn't get as much preparation for the French as he may have otherwise, and to be fair he played well. Gulbis played brilliantly.

I don't agree that it's like his 2013 season though - his play overall has been much more solid. We will see what happens on the grass of Wimbledon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure the BBC found him annoying too...
Original post by Roger1

Already got to more finals than last year i think.

Raonic gets a second break to go two up.
Reply 750
Original post by Rakas21
Already got to more finals than last year i think.

He has looked sluggish since MC. Maybe it's because of the kids but one thing is for certain that he is finished on clay.
Reply 751
Yes Gulbis. Get in there.
Roanic wins 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.
Abysmal from Tsonga so far. Might as well be a walkover.
Reply 754

He's ITV's answer to Andrew Castle.
Reply 755
Just found out that Federer had set points in the 2nd set on his serve. He seems to be a master of losing matches after squandering set and match points. What a mug!

And Jo Willy is a bigger mug today. Poor french people putting their hopes on this clown.
Reply 756
absolutely rubbish from Tsonga very underwhelming given what he’s capable of. Great game from Nole’s perspective, a routine 6-1, 6-4, 6-1 win. Raonic up next!
Tsonga was abysmal. There is something about Raonic that I really don't like and I can't put my finger on it.
Reply 758
Original post by Autistic Merit

Depends on the Wimbledon draw. A very good draw and plenty of practice could see him reach the semis (given that he made the semis at the AO)
His clay game is obviously what has suffered the most since his peak. I still think he played a solid match, Ernests was much better on the big points
Great win for Djokovic to save his energy for what should be a more competitive match with Raonic. I say Djokovic in 4 and he should really make the final at least with Federer going out

Quick Reply

Latest