The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarah24601
Helloooo I was just wondering who else had firmed Liverpool and what accomodation people have applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Liverpool and I've applied for vine court and crown place :smile:
Where have u applied for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aishaahmed96
I've firmed Liverpool and I've applied for vine court and crown place :smile:
Where have u applied for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! First two options Crown place, third Vine Court - I really want self catered :smile:
Same! First two options Crown place, third Vine Court - I really want self catered :smile:

Exactly the same as me then :smile:
I defos need self catering I am the fussiest person Ever when it comes to food lol
Are u in year 13 or on a gap year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly the same as me then :smile: I defos need self catering I am the fussiest person Ever when it comes to food lol Are u in year 13 or on a gap year ? Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha! Year 13 - fingers crossed for results :L what about you?
Haha! Year 13 - fingers crossed for results :L what about you?

Same year 13
How u feeling about ur exams confident ? Or crapping urself like me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same year 13
How u feeling about ur exams confident ? Or crapping urself like me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deffo worried :L first one tomorrow and I'm terrified! I really want to go to uni in September but I'm scared I won't get the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deffo worried :L first one tomorrow and I'm terrified! I really want to go to uni in September but I'm scared I won't get the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have two on Tuesday :frown:
And yh I feel like im running out of time to get everything done :/ especially for biology it's a nightmare
Do u do biology ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have two on Tuesday :frown:
And yh I feel like im running out of time to get everything done :/ especially for biology it's a nightmare
Do u do biology ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly - not enough time :L Yeah I do biology and it's probably the one I'm most worried about!
Exactly - not enough time :L Yeah I do biology and it's probably the one I'm most worried about!

Same here especially unit 5 :/
How are u with the essays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here especially unit 5 :/
How are u with the essays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is my least favourite unit ever :frown:
The long answer questions in bio? If they're on a topic I knoe about they're easy marks, but usually they are so specific I just want to cry :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is my least favourite unit ever :frown:
The long answer questions in bio? If they're on a topic I knoe about they're easy marks, but usually they are so specific I just want to cry :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh the 25 mark essays
I'm so scared I really hope they aren't specific ones or I will freak out :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh the 25 mark essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh you must do a different exam board! The most marks on a question I can have is 9 or 10 :/ that's ocr! But they're still horrid....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1692
Hey - I'm a 2nd Year Medic at Liverpool at the moment
If anyone on here has any questions/queries about Medicine/University/Ciriculum Review please feel free to get in contact with me at any point and I will do my best to answer you. If I personally don't know the answer i will contact someone who does and get it too you.
If you don't want to post on here for any reason feel free on inbox me on here or you can email me on - medic2017@ hotmail .co .uk

I can't stress enough that if you have a question then ask don't sit in the dark worrying :smile:

Good Luck with your Exams/Results :smile: and Hopefully I'll see you next year :smile:
Reply 1693
Hi
The student satisfaction is quite low which is probably due to the lack of teaching, or the teaching we do get either being patronisingly simple or consultant level complicated.
This stems from the lecturers not knowing what level we are at - The ciriculum review should change this completely as at the start of the year you will get 6 weeks basic science teaching to ensure that everyone is at the same level

As you have probably gathered different exam boards cover different topics so all the freshers come to uni with different amounts of knowledge which is really very annoying at time and it can dint your confidence

Also with the review you will get more teaching and there will be more structure to the year which is good. All the Doctors that I have spoken to regarding the Ciriculum Review love the Idea and the current 2nd years are very jealous of the teaching you will get :P

The satisfaction as I said is mainly due to the lack of teaching but at the same time you must remember we applied for a PBL course which is essentially the DIY of medicine

Hope this helps
Reply 1694
Hi
The student satisfaction is quite low which is probably due to the lack of teaching, or the teaching we do get either being patronisingly simple or consultant level complicated.
This stems from the lecturers not knowing what level we are at - The ciriculum review should change this completely as at the start of the year you will get 6 weeks basic science teaching to ensure that everyone is at the same level

As you have probably gathered different exam boards cover different topics so all the freshers come to uni with different amounts of knowledge which is really very annoying at time and it can dint your confidence

Also with the review you will get more teaching and there will be more structure to the year which is good. All the Doctors that I have spoken to regarding the Ciriculum Review love the Idea and the current 2nd years are very jealous of the teaching you will get :P

The satisfaction as I said is mainly due to the lack of teaching but at the same time you must remember we applied for a PBL course which is essentially the DIY of medicine

Hope this helps
Original post by Kaylea
Hi

Hope this helps

Was your year group involved in any trials of the new curriculum? It all seems very mysterious to me (though a good mysterious-I like the idea of more teaching ! ). Are exams going to be throughout the year or just at the end? And what is clinical work like in the first year? Thank you, I'm very excited (but nervous regarding grades...) :smile:
Original post by Student 1
Was your year group involved in any trials of the new curriculum? It all seems very mysterious to me (though a good mysterious-I like the idea of more teaching ! ). Are exams going to be throughout the year or just at the end? And what is clinical work like in the first year? Thank you, I'm very excited (but nervous regarding grades...) :smile:

All year groups have been 'trialling' aspects of the new system.

Exams remain the same: mocks in January with summatives in summer.

There is no clinical work in 1st year (not worth mentioning anyway).
Original post by Kyalimers
All year groups have been 'trialling' aspects of the new system.

Exams remain the same: mocks in January with summatives in summer.

There is no clinical work in 1st year (not worth mentioning anyway).

Thank you for this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh the 25 mark essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try not to worry about unit 5 biology- I thought it was the most difficult out of all of them, but I ended up getting my highest mark in that last year! The essay is basically a chance to get you as many marks as possible... I didn't even finish my essay last year and I got ums for that module in the A* boundary. Just practice as many essays as you can and brush up on your AS knowledge, as the essay is synoptic so that would gain you marks :smile:
Original post by Rumschpringe
Try not to worry about unit 5 biology- I thought it was the most difficult out of all of them, but I ended up getting my highest mark in that last year! The essay is basically a chance to get you as many marks as possible... I didn't even finish my essay last year and I got ums for that module in the A* boundary. Just practice as many essays as you can and brush up on your AS knowledge, as the essay is synoptic so that would gain you marks :smile:

Well done that's awesome :smile:
How did u prepare for the rest of the paper?
the application questions are a nightmare
Feels like the whole paper is jus application :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending