The Student Room Group
Im not ready for it yet i know that for sure, however I feel better about the newtonian world module, thanks for attaching the definitions for this unit
Why they gotta make it so hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** this unit -- it is so, so ****.

does anyone know if we have to know the times associated with the sequence of important events in the universe from 10^-43 -> present day?
Original post by dire wolf
**** this unit -- it is so, so ****.

does anyone know if we have to know the times associated with the sequence of important events in the universe from 10^-43 -> present day?

The timing is not important in this exam. The sequence however is imperative. Something along the lines of;

- At the start was infinitely dense / singular and all forces were unified.
- The Big Bang / expansion led to cooling (in a quark / lepton soup).
- There was more matter than anti-matter.
- Quarks combined to form hadrons.
- Atoms forms and primordial helium is produced.
- The average temperate of the universe lowers to 2.7K and it is saturated in microwave cosmic background radiation.
Original post by Political Cake
The timing is not important in this exam. The sequence however is imperative. Something along the lines of;

- At the start was infinitely dense / singular and all forces were unified.
- The Big Bang / expansion led to cooling (in a quark / lepton soup).
- There was more matter than anti-matter.
- Quarks combined to form hadrons.
- Atoms forms and primordial helium is produced.
- The average temperate of the universe lowers to 2.7K and it is saturated in microwave cosmic background radiation.

oh, alright, thank you very much!

just one more question, if you don't mind: is the right hand grip rule to be used with conventional current or electron flow?
Original post by precious maro
Why they gotta make it so hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

and specific, right?! Gotta have all those long medical physics answers memorised. :frown:
Original post by dire wolf
oh, alright, thank you very much!

just one more question, if you don't mind: is the right hand grip rule to be used with conventional current or electron flow?

Whenever you see "current", think conventional current; i.e. positive to negative.

So the thumb points in the direction of conventional current.
Original post by Political Cake
Whenever you see "current", think conventional current; i.e. positive to negative.

So the thumb points in the direction of conventional current.

PRSOM :smile:
Made a quick spreadsheet of all the grade boundaries I could find

Hope this helps!
Don't suppose anyone has a link to some good revision sheets for this paper? I've been using my own and some others for the few couple of modules but I'm missing some notes on the last module for starters! Also the more revision sources the better I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by 7jdrabble
Don't suppose anyone has a link to some good revision sheets for this paper? I've been using my own and some others for the few couple of modules but I'm missing some notes on the last module for starters! Also the more revision sources the better I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get revising has a lot of resources

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Where can i find past papers that are before the ones available on ocr website??
Reply 13
Original post by Shuster
Where can i find past papers that are before the ones available on ocr website??

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/OCR/Physics/
Reply 14
how did everyone find this?
I think it was alright
Nothing particularly hard but there was absolutely no marks available for medical physics and the Universe in terms of description questions (past papers have roughly 25 marks on those descriptions of MRI, formation of stars etc. that you have to memorise).

There was a lot in the paper that meant you had to actually think about the physics, so I think low grade boundaries, once again not really hard but still a harsh paper, more so than any other one I've done.

Latest

Trending

Trending