The Student Room Group

AQA History HIS3K Triumph and Collapse: Russia and the USSR 1941-1991

I haven't seen a thread about this paper yet! Is anyone else taking this? How likely do you think a Gorbachev era question will come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump!
Yeah, I'm taking this paper and I'm so nervous! I don't reckon the Gorbachev era has a huge likely hood of coming up as it was featured in last years paper. I asked my history teacher what they thought would come up and the're pretty certain that the Great Patriotic war is highly likely.. Any other ideas what could potentially come up? Any suggestions would be helpful :smile:
Reply 3
Probably war with Khrushchev or Brezhnev
Reply 4
I hope so because the war is my strongest and I haven't revised much of Gorbachev. Got any essay writing tips? :smile:
My teacher said that Gorbachev and Khrushchev are the favoured leaders by the examiners. They also thing nationalism is due to come up for the broad question.
Reply 6
Does anyone know if you are supposed to be thematic in a breadth question?
Gorbachev's reforms of the political system and the party and the presidency are the trickiest things I'm finding right now. How are you finding them?
Reply 8
THERE IS SO MUCH TO REMEMBER! Ugh!!
Reply 9
So terrified! Need an a!
Reply 10
Definitely not wise of me to have left revising Gorbachev so late, there are so many of his changes to learn!
I know right. Hopefully he doesn't come up as a depth question.
Reply 12
My teacher reckons Brezhnev, nationalities breadth and maybe a Stalin one. Would love to get an A* but really depends on the question! I can feel the nerves kicking in now :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by squid-
My teacher reckons Brezhnev, nationalities breadth and maybe a Stalin one. Would love to get an A* but really depends on the question! I can feel the nerves kicking in now :s-smilie:

That sounds decent minus the nationalities breadth q! Wouldn't know what to put for Khrushchev :s-smilie:
Hoping we get kind questions tomorrow!
Original post by Saraah17
That sounds decent minus the nationalities breadth q! Wouldn't know what to put for Khrushchev :s-smilie:
Hoping we get kind questions tomorrow!

I'm in the same boat as you. Right now, a recurring theme is that people are stressing the possibility of a nationality breadth question, but what the hell is there to say about the treatment of the republics during Khrushchev's premiership?
Reply 15
Original post by Burial fanboy
I'm in the same boat as you. Right now, a recurring theme is that people are stressing the possibility of a nationality breadth question, but what the hell is there to say about the treatment of the republics during Khrushchev's premiership?

Exactly I don't recall the textbook mentioning anything specific about the republics under Khrushchev. Could agriculture across all the leaders come up??
Original post by vishshark
I hope so because the war is my strongest and I haven't revised much of Gorbachev. Got any essay writing tips? :smile:

The general structure that I'm following is: dedicate 45 minutes to each question (obviously). Of those 45 minutes, spend 5 minutes jotting down a rough outline or plan for content you'll include. I'm a slow writer, so I'm aiming to write 2, maybe 2 1/2 pages for each question, consisting of 7 paragraphs; 1 introductory paragraph, 3 paragraphs supporting the notion, 3 paragraphs against. I won't be writing a conclusion because I'll link back each paragraph to the question.

I hope that helps. My teacher approves of that structure, although he says to write 3 sides, if possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Good luck guys, lets hope we get some beautiful questions! :wink:
Reply 18
what questions did everyone do?
Original post by n_ric
what questions did everyone do?

1 and 3 what about you? How did you find the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending