The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by Maccees
Bluetooth headset was delivered today, makes my ears hurt. Not sure if I could really wear it for a 4+ hour trip.

I must have obese ears.

Trick is getting the speakers in the right place.
Guess who's going to Barcelona?
Reply 1762
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Guess who's going to Barcelona?

If it's you theres plenty of info on the blog =). It's a great place.
Reply 1763
I just saw a jacket I really liked, and I was going to buy it.

Then I looked at the back and saw a huge fairy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1764
I tried taking photos yesterday, but the bikes went too fast :sad:

This is one of very few that actually managed to get a bike in the frame. Most look like this:

Original post by Juno
I tried taking photos yesterday, but the bikes went too fast :sad:

This is one of very few that actually managed to get a bike in the frame. Most look like this:

Tell them to slow down next time for you :frown:.
Reply 1766
Original post by curtis871
Tell them to slow down next time for you :frown:.

Unfortunately, I don't think racing works like that :sad:
Original post by Juno
Unfortunately, I don't think racing works like that :sad:

Just run out onto the track with portable speed bumps. It would makes an interesting new challenge for them and they're not as expensive as I expected them to be.
Reply 1768
Original post by curtis871
Just run out onto the track with portable speed bumps. It would makes an interesting new challenge for them and they're not as expensive as I expected them to be.

If it's called free practice why wasn't I allowed a go anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
If it's called free practice why wasn't I allowed a go anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were allowed. Just remember if you try this next time the cars with flashing lights that chase you are there to encourage you to go faster not to stop you.
anyone going to triumph live?

you can get a factory tour the day before too!
Reply 1772
Original post by Boristhethird
anyone going to triumph live?

you can get a factory tour the day before too!

I'm not going :huff:

Very nice! Your link on the side goes to the old TSR motorbike society though.

You ever looked at linking to this blog from other sections of the site like the Travelling section? It's a nicely written blog and others will probably be interested in reading about it.
Reply 1774
Original post by Motorbiker
Very nice! Your link on the side goes to the old TSR motorbike society though.

You ever looked at linking to this blog from other sections of the site like the Travelling section? It's a nicely written blog and others will probably be interested in reading about it.

Thanks for the heads up about the link. I'll put that on my to do list.

I could do. I'll put it on the other thread and see what people think =).
Anyone in here following the IOM TT this year? I have "like"'d the Guy Martin and the Dianese facebook page so just got the race result from today spoiled for me. Foolish.

Real shame we can't watch them live anywhere online though. I would happily pay if there was an option.

Having to wait until the evening to see highlights is annoying.

Also, i reckon i'm going to try and go next year. Now i'm finished at uni there won't be exams right at that time.
Original post by Motorbiker
Anyone in here following the IOM TT this year? I have "like"'d the Guy Martin and the Dianese facebook page so just got the race result from today spoiled for me. Foolish.

Real shame we can't watch them live anywhere online though. I would happily pay if there was an option.

Having to wait until the evening to see highlights is annoying.

Also, i reckon i'm going to try and go next year. Now i'm finished at uni there won't be exams right at that time.

most of the ferry's for next year is already booked, more go on sale soon, but more expensive (goes on sale at the beginning of the season) as all sells out quickly)
this is assuming you are going just for the TT, if you go earlier and come back later then you might get a ferry (accommodation is another thing though)

ive now got 3 broken and 0 working bikes :cry:
the fazers cam chain is dangerously loose so i cant ride it till its replaced.
Original post by Boristhethird
most of the ferry's for next year is already booked, more go on sale soon, but more expensive (goes on sale at the beginning of the season) as all sells out quickly)
this is assuming you are going just for the TT, if you go earlier and come back later then you might get a ferry (accommodation is another thing though)

ive now got 3 broken and 0 working bikes :cry:
the fazers cam chain is dangerously loose so i cant ride it till its replaced.

I'm sure we could work it out to go slightly early or late to get a ferry. Although speaking to my brother he may be wanting to do the Bol D'or down at paul Ricard instead.

How did you do that to the fazer? And how did you notice? Weird engine noise?
Fell of my bike yesterday :frown: Just a little CBR125. First time I've ever fallen off, surprisingly didn't hurt. Guess I was lucky, I did have full leathers on though. I was going down a country lane, took my eyes off the road for what seemed the most insignificant amount of time and before I knew it, I touched the grass as the road was bearing right.

Astoundingly, barely any damage. Cracked the fairings and ripped off an indicator, however the slight problem is the grooves on my front forks. It is as though someone has taken a key a scratched into them. Anyone know how serious this is?
Original post by lxbsly
Fell of my bike yesterday :frown: Just a little CBR125. First time I've ever fallen off, surprisingly didn't hurt. Guess I was lucky, I did have full leathers on though. I was going down a country lane, took my eyes off the road for what seemed the most insignificant amount of time and before I knew it, I touched the grass as the road was bearing right.

Astoundingly, barely any damage. Cracked the fairings and ripped off an indicator, however the slight problem is the grooves on my front forks. It is as though someone has taken a key a scratched into them. Anyone know how serious this is?

Firstly, glad you're alright that's the important part.

And don't worry, Everyone comes off eventually...

Urm, Can you show whereabouts on the forks this is? Upload a picture? If it's on the actual forky bits it's need fixing as otherwise it'll damage the fork seals i think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending