The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6320
It is Paraguay tbh. Worst team in SA.
Original post by 419
It is Paraguay tbh. Worst team in SA.

You have to give Paraguay some credit, they're playing some decent stuff just lacking the final ball.

France have been poor tho. The only players who have done themselves justice is the back 5 and Giroud. The midfield is imbalanced imo Matuidi is better playing as a DM not B2B. I don't like Cabaye playing this deep, massive waste of his talent

Aurier tells gooner that he's coming to Arsenal...
Damn Cameroon took it to Germany. Not gunna lie Ozil is starting to annoy me now. With all this talk of Cesc he'd better start showing his money's worth next season. I have faith in him though
Original post by sevchenko
Damn Cameroon took it to Germany. Not gunna lie Ozil is starting to annoy me now. With all this talk of Cesc he'd better start showing his money's worth next season. I have faith in him though

Tbh you couldnt justify starting Ozil on form could you? Not with the alternatives Germany have
Reply 6325
You have to give Paraguay some credit, they're playing some decent stuff just lacking the final ball.

France have been poor tho. The only players who have done themselves justice is the back 5 and Giroud. The midfield is imbalanced imo Matuidi is better playing as a DM not B2B. I don't like Cabaye playing this deep, massive waste of his talent

Not watching the game so can't comment on Paraguay's performance but still, wouldn't get too happy if Giroud is doing well. Just tuning in.

Have to disagree, Blaise is a B2B midfielder, plays the role really well and flourishes in it. Got a decent return of goal as well with his runs into the box. Definitely much more suited than playing as a DM. It's probably just rustiness as the midfield trio of Matuidi-Pogba-Cabaye is relatively recent but it's the best midfield combination France has atm and Cabaye is the best for the DM role of the trio.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Tbh you couldnt justify starting Ozil on form could you? Not with the alternatives Germany have

Yeah I guess. Maybe moving to the Prem during a world cup year was a mistake. We don't know how he's handling the fatigue
Original post by 419
Not watching the game so can't comment on Paraguay's performance but still, wouldn't get too happy if Giroud is doing well. Just tuning in.

Have to disagree, Blaise is a B2B midfielder, plays the role really well and flourishes in it. Got a decent return of goal as well with his runs into the box. Definitely much more suited than playing as a DM. It's probably just rustiness as the midfield trio of Matuidi-Pogba-Cabaye is relatively recent but it's the best midfield combination France has atm and Cabaye is the best for the DM role of the trio.

For PSG yeah I agree. I remember he had a great game in the CL against Chelsea at home. Surely for the French NT he's the most defensively sound midfielder out of that trio? I personally think Cabaye is frustrated playing deeper afterall it was his form in the final thrid of the pitch which got a move to PSG
Greizmann just scored a peach for France, and Wenger apparently commentated that he reminds him of Pires apparently.

Do it Arsene.

I'm confident next season he'll be better. This season was adjustment season for him, and plus this is the first time he hasn't had Christmas break.
Reply 6329

For PSG yeah I agree. I remember he had a great game in the CL against Chelsea at home. Surely for the French NT he's the most defensively sound midfielder out of that trio? I personally think Cabaye is frustrated playing deeper afterall it was his form in the final thrid of the pitch which got a move to PSG

He isn't. Cabaye is more defensively sound than him. Remember that Cabaye is known for his nastiness and has made his money playing one of the pivot. He's never looked like a B2B player to me (doesn't look to have the energy) and best playing the DLP role in the middle 3rd. Matuidi struggled earlier in the season in the pivot and only started shinning when PSG switched to 433 and he was freed up a bit more.
griezmann remy aurier a new DM would be a good summer for us, i pray we do tings chaps wenger dont piss me off this transfer season,

PRAYS THE MOST HIGH LAWD GAWD ABOVE THERE IS WORLD CUP TO DISTRACT US I COULD NOT GO THROUGH ANOTHER HIGUAIN/SUAREZ TYPE SUMMER SAGA AGAIN pls pls
Original post by Kruz
I'm confident next season he'll be better. This season was adjustment season for him, and plus this is the first time he hasn't had Christmas break.

But he will also have come from a tiring WC in South America and it could take a lot out of him before the new season starts.
Original post by Icecream1
But he will also have come from a tiring WC in South America and it could take a lot out of him before the new season starts.

Even if they get to the final, he'll have a month before the season starts... if he can't recover in that time then he shouldn't be a professional footballer
Just bid 35 mil for Lukaku tbh.

Mourinho's stupid enough to sell a 21 year old striker with 65 league goals to his name.
Original post by Thugnificent.
the boy remy will come good looks bit rusty but dangerous

oi did anyone see that giruuh touch though my gard, why is he pulling out these bergkamp-esque touches right at the end of the season, i swear he did a gawdly touch and goal in April this ****ing guy

giruu will net 27 next season

To every non-Arsenal fan, he's not been anywhere near as terrible as you guys are screaming about...
Reply 6335
About Griezmann, Wenger said his goal was Pirès-like (not he as a player). Just sounded like standard commentary though, what he said on Telefoot a while back about following him for a long time sounded much juicier.

Original post by Icecream1

He's unlikely to play in all WC matches if he doesn't turn it up though. Germany have too many good options for that position, and e.g. Reus is in much better form than him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yawn-er
Just bid 35 mil for Lukaku tbh.

Mourinho's stupid enough to sell a 21 year old striker with 65 league goals to his name.

That's actually funny that Lukaku could probably break the record for most league goals scored if he stayed at the prem until the end of his career.
Original post by 419
He isn't. Cabaye is more defensively sound than him. Remember that Cabaye is known for his nastiness and has made his money playing one of the pivot. He's never looked like a B2B player to me (doesn't look to have the energy) and best playing the DLP role in the middle 3rd. Matuidi struggled earlier in the season in the pivot and only started shinning when PSG switched to 433 and he was freed up a bit more.

Yeah I agree that Cabaye plays best as a creative DLP no.6/8 like he was playing at newcastle. He did well as an AM but his play still felt a bit like a DLP though.

Tbf 4-3-3 helps the BBMs, majority of the attacking BBMs will like having extra protection behind them. Toure would probably have had a field day playing in the role Iniesta had as the most high up of the trio.

Yeah I guess. Maybe moving to the Prem during a world cup year was a mistake. We don't know how he's handling the fatigue

Ozil well tbh he was forced out of Madrid, they finance their deals for galacticos players by selling the less famed players, Higuain and Ozil pretty much financed Bale essentially. Real knew what they were doing.

Na, Cabaye. Matuidi looks like he'll run his socks off so people think he's the most defensively sound but 419 would probably agree with me that his bursts of speed and energy are what make him so good, not his positioning sense and tackling ability. Same thing goes for Pogba, although he's a good passer and dribbler.
Rumours that arsenal have rejected the chance to sign fabregas. Hope it isn't true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6339
Original post by Adil96m
Rumours that arsenal have rejected the chance to sign fabregas. Hope it isn't true

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope not. I heard sky sports news saying city have definately rejected cesc.

On another note, Liverpool have signed lambert lol

Latest