The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me with a 15 mark question explaining Cost Benefit Analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by namaanulhaq
Can anyone help me with a 15 mark question explaining Cost Benefit Analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure some people will be able to help closer to the exam, unfortunately I have to focus on F582, once that's out the way, I'll start posting in this thread.
Reply 3
does anyone have the past paper for june 2013, i can't seem to find it anywhere online!:frown:
Any tips on the 20 marker? Don't usually get many marks on the big essay questions at the end.
Reply 5
We need this thread to become active!
Reply 6
Original post by NPETER
We need this thread to become active!

I'll start on it once I've made it through the macro paper tomorrow- its not even worth panicing for transport yet, macro is way harder!
Reply 7
does anyone have the past paper for june 2013??
Reply 8
HAHAHA WHERE'S EVERYONE ? Let's get things done c'mon.
Reply 9
Hey dudes! How would you structure a 20 marker?!
Original post by NPETER
Hey dudes! How would you structure a 20 marker?!

First paragraph: Define the key terms in the questions (AO1). Start to introduce the essay with relevant theory (AO2) e.g. In theory this should cause firms to become more efficient.

Second paragraph: Explain two points for the argument with a clear chain of arguments (AO2 AO3), try to use a diagram if possible. At the end of each point to an evaluation point (AO4) to why this may not be as effective or why it may not be a significant advantage.

Third paragraph: Explain two points againest the argument (balanced argument) with a clear clear analysis (AO2 AO3), try to use a diagram if possible. At the end of each point to an evaluation point (AO4) to why this may not be as effective or why it may not be a significant advantage. Try to use word like it depends upon, however on the other hand.

Fourth paragraph: Come to an overall judgement, weigh up what you have said and state which you think is the most relevant point. Justify why you have said this point and say what it depends up. 18plus i think you would have to say what the evaluative points depend up and expand it even further.

Remeber each point you make should consist of AO2, AO3 and AO4:smile:
Question 4(a) Analyse what is meant by an integrated transport policy.
Question 4(b) Discuss whether recent government policy has been successful in achieving an integrated transport policy.

Can someone tell me what i would say in these two questions. Its from Jan 2011 paper.
Reply 12
Original post by saiemjalil
Question 4(b) Discuss whether recent government policy has been successful in achieving an integrated transport policy.

Can someone tell me what i would say in these two questions. Its from Jan 2011 paper.

Are these 15 Markers and 20 Markers?
Reply 13
First paragraph: Define the key terms in the questions (AO1). Start to introduce the essay with relevant theory (AO2) e.g. In theory this should cause firms to become more efficient.

Second paragraph: Explain two points for the argument with a clear chain of arguments (AO2 AO3), try to use a diagram if possible. At the end of each point to an evaluation point (AO4) to why this may not be as effective or why it may not be a significant advantage.

Third paragraph: Explain two points againest the argument (balanced argument) with a clear clear analysis (AO2 AO3), try to use a diagram if possible. At the end of each point to an evaluation point (AO4) to why this may not be as effective or why it may not be a significant advantage. Try to use word like it depends upon, however on the other hand.

Fourth paragraph: Come to an overall judgement, weigh up what you have said and state which you think is the most relevant point. Justify why you have said this point and say what it depends up. 18plus i think you would have to say what the evaluative points depend up and expand it even further.

Remeber each point you make should consist of AO2, AO3 and AO4:smile:

How would you argue AO4 in transport
The Transport forum is surprisingly inactive in comparison to the Work and Leisure people
:rolleyes:
Original post by NPETER
Are these 15 Markers and 20 Markers?

Yeah 4a is 15 and 4b is 20
Reply 16
Yeah 4a is 15 and 4b is 20

kl im structuring a plan (:
Reply 17

If no ones gonna start then I'll try :/

4a) "Analyse what is meant by an integrated transport policy" (15)

To get into a Level 3 Band 3 (13-15marks) there need to be TWO clear analysis of TWO DIFFERENT types of integrated policies.

L1 L2 (Introduce the questions key components in detail by making two to three points)

Simple definition of Integrated Policy: "a policy that encompasses all modes of passenger and freight transport"

Give examples i.e. bus subsidisation, ticketing, park and ride schemes, bike and ride schemes.

L3 (Depending on depth of analysis, I would say 2-3 analysis points)

Bus subsidisation are grants from (usually) the government to lower the cost of production to bus providers as they may be perceived as a merit good --> this would lower the firms ULC --> shift supply curve outwards on a S&D diagram --> this lowers the price of bus services --> making them more attractive and cheaper --> this would increase the level of consumption to Q2 (or whatever) --> meaning that more people have decided to start using or perhaps switch to bus services throughout their journey --> hence, creating a more intertwined transport system.

Borris Bikes are another form of integrated transport policy --> their small size allows mobility whilst travelling within the condense city of London --> their large accessibility and low hourly costs make them attract to hire --> furthermore, there is no licensing required to hire the bikes which makes them even more attractive and more accessible to users --> this may encourage car users within the city to switch to a bikes due to the fact it allows more mobility on congested roads --> more time is saved --> lowers the cost to the consumer --> increases consumption of Borris Bikes --> this increases the diversity of transport that they use --> hence, increasing transport integration

Any criticisms? --> just tryna get used to this -__-
Reply 18
We will post tomorrow, need to finish of the last chapter tonight :frown:
Original post by tuj
does anyone have the past paper for june 2013??

ive attached the paper

Latest

Trending

Trending